New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. composing text issue & sugession

Dear Sir,
    I am using yahoo mail. But i feel their should be some addon .
    Their are few points i would like to sugest. I would be glad if you could apply.
    1. Pasting directly from excel sheet with colum.

2. As our english is not good Auto grammar & spelling check.
    3. Send email read inicator
    4. Social media icon

thank you

2274th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore HTML email draft

Cannot send HTML email to sender.Every text show as rich text format which totally eloop original with graphical layout.Please restore previous settings.Many flaw in the new features.

2274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forward a group of emails with one function.

Say I need to forward 15 emails from yahoo to another account. I would like to open the folder, check off the emails that I need and hit one button that allows me to forward all 15 in effort and not send 15 separate emails.

2274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If you can Schedual Email sends

Email sends schedual for the next day or week.

2274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Limiting the # of people we can email to 50?

Before the "new" email for forced on us, we could at least email 99 people at one time. Now it's down to 50. Why?

So, I have to compose the email on my laptop, then using the email app on my iphone....open up the drafts folder, and send the email from there. Isn't that sad?

1660th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forwarding HTML and links no longer works in Yahoo mail

When I forward an email containing HTML or links of any kind through Yahoo webmail, that content disappears. No HTML and no links in the forwarded (or replied) email.

2274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn off, "Automatically generate a preview of links"

The "Automatically generate a preview of links" option is turned off in "Settings", "Writing email". However a a preview picture is is being generated anyway. The picture can not be deleted. Grrrrr.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Annoying ad. blocker pop-up.

Just get rid of the annoying pop-up wanting me to pay you for blocking ads! It interferes with almost every email I attempt.
    If this persists, I shall be leaving TalkTalk. It is ruining an otherwise great service.
    Has it not occured to you that most of us who don't want ads. already have a service to stop them which, by the way, are cheaper than the service you offer!

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On such date and time, so and so wrote: Please give an option to get rid of this and go back to classic address lines

Please give us back the option when Replying to an email, so that we can have the original format of From/To/Sent/Subject Lines at the bottom of the new email, instead of "On such date and time, this person wrote:" That might be good for conversation mode, but not good for conventional correspondence mode.

789th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. change font size

When I change font size for a response to an email, the change does not last for next response to another email. How do you make permanent change to font and font size?

517th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make it possible to send old-fashioned plain text email without fighting for it every step of the way!

(This forum tells me to vote for an old idea instead of posting my own, but all of the ones I want to vote for are closed for comments and therefore unvoteable. Therefore, here goes another duplicate.)

Since copy and paste is disabled in plain text mode for some supremely asinine reason, composing a plain text email in Yahoo is an exercise in frustration. The only thing worse is composing a non-plain-text email, where it constantly re-interprets what you're trying to do, moving the cursor willy-nilly to the end of the line, inserting graphics that it refuses to then remove,…

428th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Would like to view my starred email again.

Allow us to pull up starred email again.

2274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT. BRING BACK OLD

WHY CAN'T I PREVIEW ATTACHMENTS BEFORE SENDING?? HATE THIS FORMAT.

557th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk forwarding

Would it trouble you to bring back bulk forwarding. I have several old emails that simply do not function in Yahoo, so I wish to forward them to me Gmail account...where....get this...they function perfectly! I can download the attachments without errors! Imagine that...being able to do that.
    Anyways what are the odds of Yahoo! bringing back bulk forwarding so I can get this emails into a real email provider and not waste hours doing so? Thanks!!!

1346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I wish we could compose an email, then schedule it to be Sent on a specific date and time.

I wish we could compose an email, then schedule it to be Sent on a specific date and time.

1005th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reply / Reply All options when composing email

Previously, there was a "reply to all" or "reply to sender" option in the upper right corner next to the "show/hide CC/BCC" option. This was very useful if you selected "reply" arrow but realized it was more appropriate to send to the entire group, or converseley, if you realied that it should be targeted only to the sender. You could toggle back to either "Reply to Sender" or "Reply to All", meaning you could reply to all other recipients when replying to an email you had initially selected on ly "Reply" for. Now I have to copy the text, delete…

745th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add outside POP3 mailbox

In the past 18 months, Yahoo mail has really improved. The only thing keeping me from fully switching from Gmail is the inability to add outside POP3 mailboxes.

Is this going to be added?

1660th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Signature not showing up on emails!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous!!! I want my old mail back

My signature is no longer showing up when I generate an email from inside another email, for example if I click on an address. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. ALL OF THIS MAIL IS A BIG PROBLEM. THE ONLY WAY MY SIGNATURE WILL SHOW UP IS IF I CLICK COMPOSE. MY SIGNATURE SHOULD SHOW UP WITH EVERY NEW EMAIL LIKE IT DID BEFORE.
    THE NEW MAIL IS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

1346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reply all

Reply All should never ever be the default reply option, as it currently is in the Android App.
    On the contrary, clicking Reply All should render a message prompting you to confirm that you really want to send that message to everyone listed.
    Of all messages I've ever received that were sent with Reply All, only a tiny fraction were relevant to me.
    Reply All is the root of all evil and should never have been implemented in email services at all.

1660th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UTF-8 encoding not working on Yahoo+Thunderbird

Since April the UTF-8 encoding does not work anymore when sending Yahoo emails via Thunderbird.
    Each Italian wovel with a stress (àèéìòù) is sent as a double question mark (??).
    It used to work until March or beginning of April. It still works with other providers emails. So please do not blame it on Thunderbird.

1141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base