New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Iwant my inbox to go back the way it was please and I want to be able to viev all my emails in one long scroll not different pages that suck

This sucks give me back the good inbox with full scrolling not different pages and the nice appearence the classic I had this is just an inbox we don't need the rubbish or is this a thing bought in by the new partner well hands off our inboxes leave them as they were and dump this new rubbish.

576th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unify user interfaces!!!

I've been using computers for four decades and I'm still flabbergasted seeing the miserable mix match of user interfaces and features spread out across various access points... mostly different from one service to another. It's amazing we can make so much money on so little and still not figure out how to let people arrange their own own content instead of dictating where engineers and those who decide how things should be. I guess they never got the memo we're all different?

439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 812th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please Please Please take out the dates and spaces in the inbox.

Please Please Please take out the dates and spaces in the inbox.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. yahoo mail new layout: when folder is empty, background stay's white, not dark...

yahoo mail new layout: when a folder (like inbox) is empty, background stay's white, not dark (or theme setting) please try to fix....

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update mail stationary! Xmas/N.Year in April? Flower selections gone! Add "To Cheer & Sympathy"

Mail stationary used to have selections of beautiful flowers! You also got rid of the rose/flower emoticon I always used with my signature on emails. Add "To Cheer You and Sympathy and Thinking Of You" selections. Bring back those flowers! You still have Christmas and New Years selections/many...with SNOW/winter selections when it's nearly May!

1138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You need more themes for Yahoo. You changed it to nothing

You screwed up my yahoo and the themes are stupid now . Lost the themes I used to have.

278th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

1138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hard to tell between read and unread emails

Really hard to distinguish read and unread emails. A simple dot next to it and making it "bold" is not sufficient to easily tell them apart.

884th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Colors

Please put in some light, soft colors. What you have now is too intense and dark. Can't you put in a variety and please everyone? At one time, you had more choices. Please give us more options.

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stationery

It's EASTER and there's no change in your stationery reflecting this time of the Season.

Your staff should be more attuned to such seasonal changes inclusive of a nice selection.

Thanks for the past selections with hopes that the future will resonate with up-to-date selections!

1359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i want to put my own wallpaper in the backround,now is very limited and few themes

i want to put my own wallpaper in the backround,now is very limited and few themes

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to see the background picture on my screen without the big white square covering it

I like the nautical theme but it is always covered by a big white square even if I have no mail - can it just show the theme until I click on inbox?

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the search ribbon at the top of the window smaller (vertically) - why is there so much wasted space around that???

Make the search ribbon at the top of the window smaller (vertically) - why is there so much wasted space around that???

271st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need darker checkbox outline and darker lines to separate each email.

The lines which separate each email are too light grey. They need to be darker to separate each email 'visually' from the next. It also helps when you are using a mouse to 'check' or 'uncheck' the boxes, etc.

1359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. on the left side, the background vs text contrast is TERRIBLE!

Either brighten the background or DARKEN the text. And make the indicator for number of items in a folder BOLD.

1138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 321st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base