New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update mail stationary! Xmas/N.Year in April? Flower selections gone! Add "To Cheer & Sympathy"

Mail stationary used to have selections of beautiful flowers! You also got rid of the rose/flower emoticon I always used with my signature on emails. Add "To Cheer You and Sympathy and Thinking Of You" selections. Bring back those flowers! You still have Christmas and New Years selections/many...with SNOW/winter selections when it's nearly May!

1154th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. on the left side, the background vs text contrast is TERRIBLE!

Either brighten the background or DARKEN the text. And make the indicator for number of items in a folder BOLD.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How can Yahoo improve just about everthing? Try removing as much blue light coming through our screens. It , blue light, is highly damaging

Blue light, though highly visible, is highly harmful to human vision. Look it up and make the change.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Words on Email should be as Dark as Home Page

The words on Mail are lighter than used on the Home Page. Changing the colors has no effect.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change Font, Color in mobile app

Option to change font size, text color, paint option for same formatting in entire mail for yahoo mobile app.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want more color choices.

I want more color choices and lighter choices.

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. White lettering on dark background is murder on the eyes

Classic Mail inboxes had black lettering on dark backgrounds. Please add an option for black lettering again. White type on dark is hard to read - any designer will tell you that.

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stationery

It's EASTER and there's no change in your stationery reflecting this time of the Season.

Your staff should be more attuned to such seasonal changes inclusive of a nice selection.

Thanks for the past selections with hopes that the future will resonate with up-to-date selections!

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. color mailbox from Add on Mail Vendors

Please allow settings to apply to add on email boxes from other vendors so the colors can be different for each separate mailbox

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need darker checkbox outline and darker lines to separate each email.

The lines which separate each email are too light grey. They need to be darker to separate each email 'visually' from the next. It also helps when you are using a mouse to 'check' or 'uncheck' the boxes, etc.

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Smaller top bar -

Smaller top bar - No need for the big one. Especially when using it privately in the office, it could be more discrete.

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you make a "Y" graphic that is optional for top left "YAHOO!" after login?

I really enjoy the new look of yahoo mail! I am kind of picky so please be patient with me, but I was hoping to share this small idea. The word yahoo is unappealing to my eyes. I think it would be much more alluring to see a simple "Y" symbol or graphic at the top left of the screen instead of the entire word "YAHOO!".Or maybe not have every letter in caps, like a logo tweak that makes the name seem less abrasive.

Thank you for you consideration and great work! :)

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Theme in Notepad - Not Available As a Mail Theme

I love the blueish-greenish background color that seems to be automatic in the 'Yahoo Notepad' and would like to use it as well in Yahoo Mail but I can't find it or anything like it as a 'theme' in mail. Am I missing something?

A Yahoo representative responded:

I just gone through the issue and the note pad theme which is coming is in Classic mail version but the account is in New mail version.

Since you have a Yahoo account through one of our network partners, you cannot access the Classic Mail any more. I can see how that'd…

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. wave mouse over account icon

Used to be able to wave mouse over account icon and the account email address would pop up. That's not working today.

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desejos

Gostaria que pudesse usar uma foto minha como tema de fundo do E-mail e não só as opções do E-mai, pois de resto o Email está muito bom

1384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please leave fall designs til the day after Thanksgiving. They were removed with the Halloween ones in 2019 - too early!

Please leave fall designs til the day after Thanksgiving. They were removed with the Halloween ones in 2019 - too early!

1835th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. frame

When I am on my laptop the frame on either side of the emails is too wide. Can you make it so that I can scale the width. I searched for emails by sender and the whole left right side blew up under a tab so photos showed but I couldn't read the email subject because it took up so much room. Can you just make them adjustable like adjusting a margin on a word document. That would be helpful.

1835th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base