New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why can’t I see ALL my contacts at once?

Would like to be able to list all my contacts by LAST NAME, and to see all of the contacts listed when I click on “Contacts,” and not just some. Why is that such a difficult thing?

2256th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It took me 30 minutes to create a new mail group

Mail groups are really hard to create and manage

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. sort contacts

When composing an email and pressing the To: button, contacts sort by email order. Please sort by first name or provide the option to do so.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A LAST NAME FIELD!!!! WOW!!!! (sarc)

UNBELIEVABLE!!
    You guys added in a last name field into the contacts. Are you serious?!?!?!? WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
    It only took the techs 8 months to fix what they did incorrectly.

Ok.............
    Next: I need to alphabetize my lists. They're a jumbled mess. This is basic. Really basic.

Next: Please allow us to sort our contacts by last name! This is also basic. Very basic.
    Next: When I search for something in my contacts, I need more than 6 options. This may not be needed for people under 15 years old. But it is basic for the rest of us.
    Next:…

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove a name from a contact list

Please go back to the old contacts list where it was easy and simple to add a name or remove a name from a list. I wanted to remove a name from a group list and when I did, it completely deleted the name and email from my contacts. Not what I wanted. I only wanted to edit my list, not totally delete the person from contacts. This used to be easy to do on the old list. Now, I have to re-enter the deleted contact. Why when you change things does it completely ***** up something else?

1643rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New mail looks nice

The new mail looks nice, however the contacts are hard to find and edit. Apart from that, the interface is clean and simple. I rate this 4 stars.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I completely agree with undermentioned comment : it is really impossible to adapt, complete, modify your contacts.

I completely agree with undermentioned comments : it is really impossible to adapt, complete, modify your contacts.
    The same problem arises with the calendar. Very difficult to have a complete overview of your activities by month. Before it was very easy.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow me to delete previous versions of email addresses used previously but that are not valid.

When searching contacts in creating a new email. I get all variations ever used even the typos but I don't have a way to eliminate the bad versions. Give me a way to eliminate the junk versions of email addresses so I won't select the wrong one again.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop automatically adding to contacts the addresses of email I send.

There used to be an option to automatically add or not an address for the person you are sending an email too. This is no longer an option. Frustrating as I constantly need to delete unimportant contacts..

1643rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have lost all my contacts today. There is no one.. What yahoo made with them?

I have lost all my contacts today. There is no one.. What yahoo made with them?

1643rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CSV contact import is missing

Contact CSV export works properly. Unable to locate the "File import" button to re-import them, per: per https://help.yahoo.com/kb/att/new-mail-for-desktop/import-export-contacts-yahoo-mail-sln28832.html
    The import is missing in both yahoo.com and att.net mail accounts.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able to print just a contact list that I have created.

I see that I can export my entire contact list to excel, but I want to be able to print just a list that I have created. The old version would do this and give options for information to be included and printed them in a business card format. I sure would like to see that back again! Exporting the entire list to excel doesn't work very well.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not easy to use contact list any more, can't delete unwanted contacts the option icon doesn't show up

Make the contact list the way it use to be.. Full page , easy to edit or add, and delete contacts, This one is awful.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lost all my contacts, emails and folders

I have lost all my contacts, mails and important folders. Can you please restore it.
    I need all those contacts.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. someone is using my email address and sending to my contacts

All of my contacts and me are receiving an email asking them to open to DropBox files that are not mine. Also, I am now not receiving emails. I changed my password and tried a test email that I did not receive.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When we open Contact Details, we need to see what lists we have them on.

There is no way to clearly tell which lists you have a contact on.
    I would like to be able to open up their details and see exactly what lists I have put them on.
    Even when you call up a specific list, it is very hard to see the whole thing in that sidebar.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be very helpful if we could mass delete contacts in our Yahoo! Account

I'd like to delete all my contacts in my Yahoo Mail account. Many are outdated and don't belong there. I keep my contacts in a separate place and don't want any of them in Yahoo. Right now we can only delete one contact at a time...that's very inefficient.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IS IT TIME TO SWITCH EMAIL AFTER 20+ YEARS?? WHERE ARE MY CONTACTS ??

WHERE ARE MY CONTACTS ???? I'VE PUT UP WITH A LOT, BUT THIS MIGHT BE TIME TO SWITCH AFTER 20+ YEARS. SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS, BUT I'M EXTREMELY UNHAPPY !!

3635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. WHERE DID MY CONTACTS GO ????

WHERE ARE MY CONTACTS ?????

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Extend the 1000 blocked contact limit to unlimited.

Extend the 1000 blocked contact limit to unlimited.

2256th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base