New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop ups

Please delete those annoying pop-ups. I do not need nor want it every time I try to read my email.

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  3253 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Poorly placed feedback button

Overall, your product is good. However, your feedback button is very poorly placed and can be very frustrating. It inhibits crucial navigation on the bottom left side of the screen.

Signed in as (Sign out)

371 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback. We have moved the feedback tab, as you guys have been requesting. We still want your feedback though, so please note that you’ll now find the feedback link at the bottom of the settings dropdown.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

3. Stop stupid popups

Stop stupid popups!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  46 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP AUTOPLAYING AUDIO ADS!!!!

Stop auto-playing audio ads!

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Engineering team made some changes on the back end to resolve this issue. Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
    Mail Team

5. Every time I switch between work and home computers, I get a time zone alert. Both computers are on the same time zone. Very annoying.

Every time I switch between work and home computers, I get a time zone alert. Both computers are on the same time zone. Very annoying.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  159 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it easier to ADD, DELETE, MOVE, & WORK With folders.

Make it so that Getting to the files & working them is an easy one movement, in & exiting.

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Engineers made some changes to make it easier to manage folders. Thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
    Mail support

7. Move the undelete message

I like the idea of the undelete, but must you place it directly over the delete button so I am forced to double click everytime I want to delete a messasge? Please move the little pop-up message over some so I can use it if necessary, but so it does not block the delete button.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  43 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Very poor font choice

Very poor font choice.
    1. Does not support latin extended. Those characters are shown with a substitute font
    2. Difficult to read - the thin font
    3. The new messages are shown with thin characters and read ones with bold characters. I find this strange
    4. No control over fonts in themes and background.

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please help!

Please help!

I can not find a simple way to contact Yahoo for support in Australia and this forum is my last resort. When I log-in to my Yahoo business email I am prompted to 'update my mailbox' which I have done over and over again for the past couple of months. Several times I have received emails asking me to update even though I have and that I will be signed out on April 15. I can't reach my email on my Gmail app on my phone, it asks me to 'verify my credentials' and according to Yahoo help…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Block Feature

In the last version, we were able to just click on the three dots and immediately block all message. Now we have to copy and paste and then go to another tab and block emails. Please fix this!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make the time zone pop-up go away.

Please make the time zone pop-up go away. There's no way to dismiss it and it interrupts me and grays out my screen every time I open mail.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. deletion message

The Deletion Message box location needs to be moved. It shows up right over the Archive, Move, Delete and Spam options making it almost impossible to just continue to delete (or w/e action you are trying to do) each email as it shows up. You have to either wait for the message to go away or click out of it and then select another option for the currently viewed email. Please move this to either the left/right hand side of the page so its not covering up anything.

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. conversation deleted Undo

When an email is deleted a popup stating "Conversation Deleted Undo" appears obscuring the delete button. The Undo reverses the deletion. Can this box be placed elsewhere so single emails can be deleted without closing this popup?

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move the "Message Deleted" pop-up so that it doesn't block Move/Delete/Spam Buttons

When I delete a message, a message pops up that says "Message Deleted". However, the positioning of this message is terrible. It appears right on top of the Move/Delete/Spam buttons. You guys need to move this message so that it doesn't block any of the main buttons.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Message deleted" Pop-up

Move "Message deleted" Pop-up to not cover up delete button which became a problem again the other day.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. confirm deletion

Every time I delete a message, I get a pop up to confirm the deletion which blocks the ability to delete another email until it disappears or I click the x to remove it. I do not understand the need given the message will be auto saved in the deleted folder. Redundant and annoying! I saw an existing idea to remove this that was marked Completed?

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. log out button is gone

The log out button is now gone from mail. That's just downright sleazy, Yahoo, trying to force your users to stay logged in.

The post here https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/600772-new-mail/suggestions/35739640-where-did-the-log-out-link-go-how-do-i-log-out-of has the same complaint. The "response" from the admin was to look in the profile menu in the top right BUT THAT"S WHAT MISSING. It _used_ to be there, but it's not there anymore ...

I wish I could upvote that issue and comment there, but it seems I cannot so I am creating a new issue.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When deleting a message a notification message apperas right over the links to delete etc at the top of the list. you have tons of wasted re

When deleting an email a notification message appears right over the links to delete etc at the top of the list. You must wait for it to disappear slowing down the whole experience.
    You have tons of wasted Real Estate put it there or how about over the hundreds of ads on the page.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. where is the Logout Button on mailbox?

I dont see a Logout buttton in my New Yahoo mail box. This should be mandatory

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. log out

You've removed the profile area where the log out option was. How do I log out now? Logging out should not be a chore. Put it at the top where it can be easily seen. Stop making things dysfunctional! If I can't log out, I won't log in. Gmail is looking good right now.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base