How can we improve New Mail?

Slow speed

I don't mind the new format but I do mind the often slow web speeds of Yahoo.

15th ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Hanawalt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

183 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The slow response of yahoo mail is ridiculous.
    Sometimes it simply will not display the full text of an email.
    Sometimes it simply will not attach even a small (<500kb) document. At times, I have waited hours for attachments to load so I can send an email.
    I have been a Yahoo user for over 20yrs, and it has NEVER been as slow as in the last 6mo.s
    I agree with others, if it stays this slow I will have to consider a different email provider.

• Wayne Lela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have noted re their yahoo email, mine is running very slowly, ridiculously slowly. It doesn't matter if it's the ads or whatever. It shouldn't be happening. If it continues, I'll be switching to gmail or something else. It's a shame, because I've been happy with yahoo mail for at least 20 years or so. But they are alienating a lot of people now, including yours truly.

• violet skye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just in the last few weeks the yahoo ads are strangling my browser completely. I have to close the Yahoo tab to get other pages to load. The ads are giving me the wheel of doom- email won't load, I can't scroll through email, etc. Total drag and I will have to stop using yahoo if it is not fixed soon.

• Paul Wollaston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An email was sent from a colleague to my yahoo address and also to my work gmail account. The email to the gmail account arrived instantly, the yahoo account received it slightly over 24 hours later! ****!

• Craig Maynard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anytime I ask for spell check the Writing automatically change to very small letters? Stop that please! Very hard to remember not to use spell check! I don't know how too get the words back to Large!! Thank You!

• john brindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My typing is very slow. I am not a super fast typist but I can sometimes get five or six letters ahead of the display of my typed letters. This is very frustrating and causes me to have to go back and correct mistakes when I can't see what has been typed.

• John McNew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Editor is slow on long emails. It looks like you are doing some sort of processing with every letter entered. This processing takes longer and longer as an email gets more content. With very long email threads, I often have to delete large parts of earlier replies in order to get decent performance in the editor. You need to optimize your code or change the frequency at which you process the text in the editor. It is WAY too slow.

• Kathy Cannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the last week, I have noticed a significant slowing of Yahoo Mail Pro. The reason I upgraded to Pro is to get rid of the ads and other factors that slow down regular Yahoo mail, but this performance has taken me back to the way it was before I upgraded.

• Jenny Mangrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am now paying for an upgraded Yahoo to get rid of the ads in hopes of speeding up the mail. But it is not any faster, if not slower. Also when typing a letter, sometimes it erases everything in the blink of an eye and no way to recover it. Considering changing all together. This is really badddddd!!

So How DO WE GET AN ANSWER YAHOO?

• Debra Clemons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I open Yahoo! Mail, I get a message saying "The page is using a lot of memory. Closing the page may increase performance." I'm guessing the suck on memory is related to all the ads flashing and rotating through. Not only is it annoying, every command I select or anything I type is in slow motion. Stop being a memory hog and increase the performance of the app.

• K. Raoul Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have 2 Yahoo email accounts. The first one, was created in the year 2000. The second was created a few years later. As your website has gone through upgrades, through the years, My initial account has become slower in receiving emails. My new account receives emails quite quickly. But, I just ask someone to send an email to my old account , and after a while, I asked them to send the same email to my newer account. The email arrived at my new account, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive at the older account. The difference in the sending of the email was about 10 minutes, and as of right now it's been over an hour since I initially requested the first email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New format is horrible which is why I kept opting out of it. Now forced on me and the lag and freezing up is horrible.

My yahoo mail has become extremely slow and won't delete unwanted emails. I also can't move my emails to different mail boxes.

• jay jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on a slow internet connection it takes upto 5 mintues to download the page since ad blocker the free one it download in 30 seconds or less with no errors. if i have it disabled it open files i never clicked on and new web pages open by them self so i will not turn off my ad blocker

Yahoo email is incredibly slow. I send the same email to gmail, hotmail and others and they all arrive way before Yahoo. Eventually they arrive on Yahoo, but often 30-45 minutes after they arrive on gmail. Why??

• Steven Scaturro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing slowing my email from loading is your ads. I do not need to upgrade. I do not need a new email. What is needed is for yahoo and others to stop trying to profit on everything! Email has predominantly changed for the worse since I started using it in the early 1990's. The corporate way is to take a good thing and ruin it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base