New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I do not see my contacts anymore

I want my contacts back

1844th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CSV contact import is missing

Contact CSV export works properly. Unable to locate the "File import" button to re-import them, per: per https://help.yahoo.com/kb/att/new-mail-for-desktop/import-export-contacts-yahoo-mail-sln28832.html
    The import is missing in both yahoo.com and att.net mail accounts.

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. can't add contacts - fill in name - 'enter' = blank - go to contact list

I type in name, but there is no place to put the address. 'Save' merely returns to E-Mail, without adding anything.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep contacts in alphabetical order

Thank you for allowing sorting by last name. Please allow it to stay that way. Every time I sign in I have to change it from sorting by first name to sorting by last name.

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inport csv

This new version of mail does not allow for import of a csv file. It only allows from social media or other email types. Please put back the ability to import csv files. I could do it 2 weeks ago. Today is 8/22/2019.

428th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You are crazy!!! you hide the contacts!!! Finally, I found it, deleted ONE of them - but it deleted ALL of this name. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

You are crazy!!! you hide the contacts!!! Finally, I found it, deleted ONE of them - but it deleted ALL of this name. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CONTACTS

PLEASE fix this: (1) Why do I have to work in a scrunched up 2 inch side bar to work in contacts. If I click Contacts, give me an expanded area to work. (2) ADDRESSES need a second "street" line; many addresses are more than 3 lines; (3) PHONES need capability of Mobile His and Mobile Hers; couples have more than one phone; (4) STOP closing the "add" or "edit" function without saving if we mistakenly press the "enter" key; then we have to start all over again; (5) NOTES give us some formatting ability here: presently it just puts…

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sort contacts

Hello Yahoo. Please add sort capability for contacts, by both last name and date of addition. Your customers are asking for this!

346th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't view contacts details, only unasked-for past emails

Yet another unwelcome yahoo feature rammed down our throats on an old Windows platform. Now contacts show beside the new inbox. Good idea.

But how can I view all my contact info, addresses, ALT phone numbers etc.? Clicking on a contact only gives a string of previous emails, not all contact details. Instead of blocking access to valuable infot, please bring back ability to view and edit all details of a given contact, not the incomplete function now interfering.

322nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spam filter is way too strong! Once I click this is not spam, your filter rule should change!

Once I click not spam, your filter should remove it from spam. Why is this so difficult?

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lost all my contacts, emails and folders

I have lost all my contacts, mails and important folders. Can you please restore it.
    I need all those contacts.

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. why can't I add someone in my address book to a list?

why can't I add someone in my address book to a list anymore?

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No facility to block emails using Chrome - security and privilege not there in Settings! And why can't you put the answers to the problems

No facility to block emails using Chrome - security and privilege not there in Settings! and why can't you print answers to the problems you quote???

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Contacts and filter - Yahoo needs to work on the yahoo mail usabiliy

Problems with Yahoo user friendliness

1. Contacts: Unable to disable automatically adding contacts from emails to contacts list:
      This is a problem because I don’t want all the vendors and everyone cc’ed on an email added to my contacts list. It makes the contacts list unusable because there are so many names to weed through.

2. Contacts: Unable to delete contacts in bulk. There are so many outdated contacts in the contacts folder. To delete each contact manually requires about 4 clicks. This is unnecessarily burdensome. It makes contacts unusable for the reason stated above.

3. Contacts: There is no way to sort…
    1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My contact list is missing? What is going on? I can't create a new one.

Yesterday I went to write a message to a contact and up popped a message that there are no contacts. What is going on? I have two separate e-mail accounts and I now show that there are no contacts in either. Unfortunately, I never printed a list of my contacts so I have no way of contacting my people to let them know or to resend their contact information. I have loved Yahoo for many years but this is forcing to rethink maybe moving to another provider. Maybe that is what Yahoo wants? I want my contact list back and…

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contact lists hard to manage

Bring back the old contact format. If I want to add multiple people to a contact list, I can no longer do that. I have to type out each contact that I want to add to a list. That means I better know every person in my address book. What used to take less than 1 minute to do now takes at least 10 minutes, depending on how many people I'm trying to add to my list.

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. no contacts in new mail-only in basic mail -please fix

provide contacts in both basic and new mail. i only have contacts in basic mail.

2682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. contacts gone

All contacts and autofill have disappeared--as has the ability to vote for a previous comment on this page.

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. contact list

where is may contact list ??????????????

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base