New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contacts hard to find, edit, alter, and delete

Since the new changes it has become much more difficult to search and edit or delete a single contact. It would be very helpful if a dropdown menu were available to search by several choices such as ending email address or last name or company. partial name, with the ability to select the item and go to edit.

38th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  828 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. full page contact list

I hate the contact list now being shown on the right side and much prefer the previous full page contact list. Please bring back the full page list or at provide an option to select this version. Also, some of my contacts seem to have "mysteriously" disappeared.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  112 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New contact management format - not goodl!

As of 18 July 2019, you changed the way in which users can administer contact details. The new contact management is confusing and the layout does not give a good overview over contacts. Please return to the old format!

Joachim Duester

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the new format of contacts is totally broken

i noticed you have changed contact, instead of pop up window, you have side bar display now. But it is totally broken. There is no details, i have notes in my contacts also missing. Do you guys have quality control before changing anything????!!!

100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. list contact by last name

I liked the old format better. I also want my contacts like before, especially LAST NAME first

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 120th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alphabetical Order

In ALL (contacts) the list is in alphabetical order. In LISTS (contacts) the names are in random order. Alphabetical order has been used for hundreds of years to search. It's still the best way.

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I absolute hate your new format. Too few emails are being displayed. Cannot find Contact list.

Show the contact list. I am not able to find it. Also you are displaying too few emails, on my laptop only five, cannot expand window. I have this new format. How do I go back to the old one?

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

569 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Our engineers are working on incorporating Contacts into the new format. We appreciate your patience while we work on this.

In the meantime, you can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the Classic Mail look. You can also access your contacts via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

9. ABC order by last name for contacts

I should have waited until I tried what you suggested. I did go back to Basic Mail, sorted the names by Last Name. However, in the list the first name shows up first. The last name should show up, not the first. I'm trying to coordinate 2 e-mail accounts to have the same addresses, this is making it very hard. PLEASE change it back to the way it was originally - Last name, first name.

Thanks,
    Deanna Ralph

On Monday, March 23, 2020, 05:19:50 PM EDT, Deanna Ralph <deannaralph@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you for your response. I don't know…

616th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Issues with new Contacts format

Many annoyances with the new Contacts format when viewing on a desktop:

1. Can no longer view Contacts as a full page.

2. Doesn't show all contacts under each letter. Instead you have to click on "2 more" or "5 more" just to see them all for that letter.

3. Clicking on a contact doesn't show all the information for that contact. Instead, you have to click on "View more information".

4. Previously, if the birthday didn't include a year, the Contacts page still showed the month and day. Now, the Contacts page shows birthdays if a month, day, and year were included, but…

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There needs to be a way to delete contacts in bulk! It's archaic and inefficient to have to remove them one at a time.

Allow me to see the whole list at once; provide checkboxes next to contacts so I can select many at once and delete them together (the same way I can with emails).

604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. LOCK DOMAIN

I ask that the "block domains" feature works again.
    This is sorely missed !!!

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inport csv

This new version of mail does not allow for import of a csv file. It only allows from social media or other email types. Please put back the ability to import csv files. I could do it 2 weeks ago. Today is 8/22/2019.

437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't view contacts details, only unasked-for past emails

Yet another unwelcome yahoo feature rammed down our throats on an old Windows platform. Now contacts show beside the new inbox. Good idea.

But how can I view all my contact info, addresses, ALT phone numbers etc.? Clicking on a contact only gives a string of previous emails, not all contact details. Instead of blocking access to valuable infot, please bring back ability to view and edit all details of a given contact, not the incomplete function now interfering.

324th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. sort contacts

Hello Yahoo. Please add sort capability for contacts, by both last name and date of addition. Your customers are asking for this!

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically saving email addresseses

Please reinstate the option for a choice on whether or not one wants email addresses from individuals or group automatically saved to contacts. I just spent 2 hours deleting email addresses of people I don't even know!

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alphabetized by last name.

It just makes sense to allow the user to alphabetized by last name. This was available in earlier versions so I know it can be done. Please fix in your next version.

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CSV contact import is missing

Contact CSV export works properly. Unable to locate the "File import" button to re-import them, per: per https://help.yahoo.com/kb/att/new-mail-for-desktop/import-export-contacts-yahoo-mail-sln28832.html
    The import is missing in both yahoo.com and att.net mail accounts.

1216th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add read and receive receipts for the senders

by adding a feature that you can review the status of an email by seeing who has received and read certain emails.

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  51 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quit re-populating my contact list with contacts I have deleted. Leave them deleted!

When I delete a contact, I want it to stay deleted, not have you bring it back! Very frustrating.

728th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base