New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder Favorites and Sorting

In a case where there are many folders, it would be best to favorite a folder and move it to the top. My most frequently used folder is far down alphabetically; thus, not workflow friendly.

477th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sort emails into folders automatically like "otherinbox" did

Why can't emails be automatically sorted into folders I set up?

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications of emails

All emails for added accounts, as well as all subaccounts should show if there is new mail on the folders.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "move" drop down menu is too short. I constantly have to scroll down to find a folder. Classic format showed a much longer list.

increase the length of the "move" folder to show more items, just like in the Classic format.

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Return of the 'Move Folder' - waaaahhhhhhaaaat happened?

Today, 7/3, I noticed I can no longer move Subfolders? Waaahhhhaaaaaa, waaaaat happened guys & gals? Maybe y'all are fixing or changing something else and the move folder got forgotten. Please bring it back. Thanx much. JC

477th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allowing dragging of folder(s) to Inbox full view so one can switch easily otherwise create TABS

Option to create Tabs in the In-box (eg. Social, Purchases, Ads) so when an email arrives it will sort accordingly to the specific tab rather than all being lumped together in the main Inbox. This also would work much better especially when viewing inbox on mobile device. I may just want to view main emails and not want to see all my ads, etc. mixed in with other important emails. Otherwise allow for dragging a folder from the left scroll window to the Inbox so one can quickly switch between views.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. trash can on spam

Why show the trash can icon if there is no spam in the spam folder? Makes you take and extra step everytime

552nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give me a way to deleted all photos. Didn't reallies every thing I ever downloaded would be saved as a photo. I can only delet one at a time

There should be a way to select all photos and delete. This is ridiculous and I'm sure intentional.
    It can't be that hard for Yahoo to write some coed.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sent emails should not appear when Unread filter is used.

The Unread email link in the left menu, clicking this displays unread emails, but it also displays Sent emails - I'm not sure why this occurs as all sent emails have been read, as I'm the sender!

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Actually you giving a best services always. I loving it. Easy and Safe

My small suggestion is, mails will be categorized based on titles automatically. like Facebook, Twitter, instagram and other social websites, will be help more.

685th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification of the number of unread e-mails should also include those under filters and not just the inbox!

Because I would frequently miss out on unread e-mails in the filters and I have to ensure now to scroll down and check out my filtered folders if there are any unread e-mails.
    And also, can you get rid of the extra classifier 'unread'? It just wastes space and blocks viewing further classes of e-mails.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Advertentie bovenaan de mailbox verplaatsen naar onder.

Advertentie's verplaatsen naar onderen

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox.

I cannot create sub-folders in my mailbox as I could before. So I created a new folder & could not move it to create a sub-folder. Please fix this

206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Indication in Folder to be reviewed.

When we move a mail from Inbox, Sent to the folder , it should display with the indication of Inbox and Sent with the Sender and Receiver address, whereas it displays the sender address only irrespective of Inbox or Sent moved. This is highly confusing.

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It will be really helpful if Yahoo comes out with a folder that can provide a list of distinct sender and count of emails from those sende

It will be really helpful if Yahoo comes out with a list specific each email users that can support with list of distinct sender and count of emails from those sender and an option to move to Spam or reinstate back to the original folders if accidently selected. This would enable for an user to make sure the email boxes are clean all time.
    Should you see that such list will impact performance you could given an option for user to trigger such request, however I would not have the patter on how many user will be trigger such request…

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thank you for giving back the folder sorting option. Now, please make the sort effective ONLY on a single forlder!

Way back, Yahoo had a very convenient option to sort messages in a folder with the option saved for future. Then, sorting disappeared. Now, it is back (thank you!) yet, when I sort one folder, the sorting is applied to all the others - makes little sense to me. I want sorting to be effective for a single folder and stay such until I change it. Thanks.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. change languange on files names

Recently the folders names changed from spanish to english. I can't see any setting to set spanish names of the folders.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. skip inbox

I would like to create a filter that has certain emails skip my inbox. Just like google did with the "zero inbox technique". It would be nice if yahoo adopted zero inbox. its a struggle trying to clean my yahoo mail.

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. folders

I need to be able to move sent items into folders using the Yahoo email app on my phone. I can do it when on the compuer, but it is annoying that I can't do it when I am on my phone. Inbox items can be moved to folders so why not sent items too?

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. show attachment icon in emails folders

Difficult to find the attachments in emails that have been saved in folders or archived. Is there a solution to this?
    I am unable to locate attachments in emails that have been saved in folders or archived. There does not seem to be an icon to show an attachment either on (i) a list when you click into a folder; or (ii) when you open the email. In previous version, you can see whether an email has an attachment by seeing the icon at the right side of the email list. You can still do this in the inbox view…

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base