Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Show Less Option does not work

The "Show Less" option does not seem to "Show Less" of any of the publishers I do not want to see on the news feed. Can this be fixed?

7th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derrick Donnelly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anne Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TIPSLCPD
    Douglas H. Wilks
    Douglas H. Wilks editor of deseret newspaper is a coward dwilks@deseretnews.com (801)503-4539

He needs to be kicked really aspiring of asounding & aboundingly to a sweeened gestures while wearing a thong ONLY!!!!

Your alias: M2T2. Call 911 if urgent! Txt HELP for info. If replies put you at risk, txt STOP. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Ts&Cs: SMSCrimeTips.com

• Anne Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TIPSLCPD
    Douglas H. Wilks
    Douglas H. Wilks editor of deseret newspaper is a coward dwilks@deseretnews.com (801)503-4539

He needs to be kicked really aspiring of asounding & aboundingly to a sweeened gestures while wearing a thong ONLY!!!!
    Your alias: M2T2. Call 911 if urgent! Txt HELP for info. If replies put you at risk, txt STOP. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Ts&Cs: SMSCrimeTips.com

• Austin S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still have a few functioning brain cells left, so obviously I don’t want to see Kardashians/Jenners, the Bachelor or PureWow. No matter how many times I swipe, there they are back again. I’ll check and see if msn can accommodate my preferences.

• My Pain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your propaganda doesn't work, you do realize that right. It just gets us stuck in the ground even tighter. Funny how I have asked not to see Huff and Puff, but yet all that happens is that you allow me to UNDO my decision...lol.

You will not control the people by being the gateway you think you have a right to be.

Keep trying to control the conversation, we will eventually just have it without you, and no, we will not open the door for you.

• Doug Kuiphoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The manage publishers utility is a joke, completely nonfunctional. In fact, choosing to see less of a given publisher seems to actually guarantee that I will see MORE of them. And managing publishers should include the ability to designate topics about which I wish to see less. Yahoo is the official AOC network, all the Ocasio-Cortez, all the time. I am sick of you pushing her on us. Additionally, I am sick of the constant stream of Kardashian/Jenner drama, and could really care less about the Royals. We fought a war to get out from under them, but you wouldn’t know it from the volume of content you produce. Make the manage publishers truly functional.

• Randy Cartledge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The Show Less feature should disable the constant bombardment of idiotic Kardashian-Jenner, Chrissy Tiegen, Ayesha Curry updates faux news, but every time I look the nonsense continues.

• mike mavis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow me to block all of huffington post. Forever. Allow me to block yahoo fashion. Forever. It seems when I choose to show less of particular news source yahoo decides to double the articles from the blocked source on my news feed. I would like news not yahoo’s ever changing clickbait agenda

• Jeff Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im tired of seeing so many articles from publications I don’t want to read. Please give me the ability to hide articles from publications that I choose not to see.

• Kenny Flowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the news feature so that the user can pick what they want to look at instead of the junk that keeps popping up and won't go away with the show less.

• RUSSELL Renner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you just too stupid or lazy to keep your liberal lieing buddies off my feed. I constantly have to tell you that i want nothing from yahoo huffing cimpost *** press and all your your other lieing loser liberal connections. Liberal cleansing is coming and you ******* are going to be exterminated

• Sanford Wellington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The swipe option does not remove the article directly but rather provides an indicator to show less of that content from that publisher. If you refresh, you may see similar stories again, swiping those stories as well will help provide more indicators. Over time, Yahoo will learn your interests and attempt to show you less of those stories and providers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I select a publication to show less or select a publication in the manage publication section it NEVER works. I can select a publication and half the time I refresh the page and the exact publication I just wanted to see less shows up again. If not right away the next day it’s like I’ve never been on Yahoo! And all the publications I didn’t want to see are still featured. It makes me feel that Yahoo! Is pushing their preferences rather than respecting my preferences. If you are going to ignore what people want what is the point? Or are there specific publications you ignore and others you don’t when the preferences align with Yahoo!?

The title says it all. Every time that I tell it to show less, one of the other publishers that I don't want to see comes back.
    Fix it.

If you give me the option to tell you the content that I don't want to see and I tell you that I'm not interested in anything from, woman's health, who what wear, allure, Cosmo, Elle, oprah, etc then actually stop.

• J C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I swipe left on all the articles I care not to see. I do this deliberately and methodically. I refresh the page. I scroll down and see all the articles that I just swiped left on. I swipe left on all the articles I care not to see again. I do this deliberately and methodically for a second time. I refresh the page once more. Lo and behold, the articles are still there. Why? Why bother to have a feature to tailor one's homepage if you plan on placing the content that you want instead of the content I want? I'm not a fan of fake choice, otherwise I'd vote Democrat. I'd sincerely love a response from you as to why my choice is irrelevant.

The show less option dose not work whatsoever. I am still seeing the same garbage day after day. I don’t want to have to stop using yahoo, but the daily news articles are all nonsense.

It seems "show less of" doesn't work, otherwise I wouldn't be seeing anything from Fox News and their affiliates or sports. I'd like that fixed, but also want it enhanced, in addition to the option of showing less of a publisher, I would also like the subject or person being an option too. I don't mind People, I do mind anything with Kardashian or Jenner as the subject. Give people the option of Showing less if a subject or publisher.

Still comes back no matter how many times you click "see less of " Have never clicked on a Kardashian story but there they are every freaking day..Please fix it so it'll work

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base