Enable autodelete setting
I wind up with notifications from every website I access - it is often impossible to do business with them without giving your email address, and then you are bombarded with ads, etc. I often am interested in such ads, but I don' want them piling up in my account, nor do I wish to take the time to delete them. My Yahoo mail account currently has around 60k emails in it, dating back more than a decade. I do not want to take the time to delete them 50 at a time, nor do I want to spend the time deleting them by class.
What I want is a setting on my account that moves any unstarred or otherwise protected email to trash after a period of time that I can set, say 90 days, and then deletes them completely after another set period of time. This would reduce the massive buildup of emails in my account, as well as clearing space in Yahoo's servers.
Please explain to me why this does not make sense all around.
Sincerely,
Michael Welsh
mpwelsh@yahoo.com