Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. End fantasy baseball playoffs earlier

Everyone in my league checks out as soon as football starts. Give the commish the option to end the playoffs some time in August. I'm guessing a lot of fantasy baseball people feel this way.

78th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 Week Playoff Matchups with Adjustable Schedule

I would love to see Yahoo allow for 2 week playoff matchups and an adjustable schedule that allows you to end regular season whenever you want. These options are currently available on ESPN. After doing our fantasy baseball on Yahoo since 2006, we switched over to ESPN this season because our managers simply prefer 2 week playoff matchups and how it rewards a "true" winner.

Especially in a sport like baseball that entails so much randomness, a 1 week matchup at any given time is almost a "crapshoot". Also, allowing for an adjustable schedule would also be a great feature…

67th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have left yahoo fantasy baseball for only one reason: Scheduling!

All I want to do is have:
    2 divisions of 6 teams
    Regular season schedule through week 16 (so as to have a balanced schedule)
    Have 2 week playoff matchups starting week 17 and ending week 22

Its stupid to play the last 2 weeks of september in fantasy baseball. Make this happen please!!!!!!!!!!!!

113th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. end The regular season at the all star break, and have a double elimination tournament for the 8 playoffs teams to crown the champion!

Our league loves playing fantasy baseball, but the season gets so long winded, and some loss interest in the 2nd half, and also fantasy Football begins to gear up.... our league would like to have an option of ending our 12 team regular season at the all star break, and then begin a very interesting double elimination playoff tournament for the 8 playoff teams that move on! Thank you for entertaining this idea!

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. begin & end playoffs earlier

We need to be given the option of starting and ending the playoffs earler. With expanded rosters and teams clinching too many top players and esp pitchers are not playing at the most important time of the fantasy season

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PLAYOFF DATES AND OPTIONS

It would be great to have numerous options for playoffs, Including moving up the playoffs earlier and extending them extra weeks as desired just as others have stated
    AND
    How about an option for multiple week total points where all of the teams involved in the Playoffs compete against each other for two or three weeks and whoever has the most points at the end is the champion. Basically a 2-4 week roto for the championship.

540th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. End the season earlier

Can you please let us finish the fantasy baseball season before September call ups? I'd like the playoffs to start and end in August.

636th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow commisioners to set the playoffs during any weeks they want in all Fantasy Sports

This is mostly for Fantasy basketball but please implement in all 4 of the major fantasy sports. Allow the commisioner to set the playoffs to be any week they choose. For example I would start my playoffs in Fantasy basketball to start in week 16 and the reason why is with all the player resting and teams tanking during the end of the season it makes the Fantasy playoffs a mess. So many players rest and teams tanking sit players that it is possible that a majority of your players are unavailable during the playoff weeks. This is a major…

165th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow for adjustable schedules

Please allow for adjustable schedules in the future. Please give Commissioners the option to begin the playoffs in week 19 for example in a 10 team league

165th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ending Playoffs Early

On ESPN fantasy baseball you can choose how many weeks you want to have the regular season last and how long the playoffs will last. This would give you the ability to end the Fantasy Baseball season before the first week in NFL Fantasy Football. Once football gets here no one in the personal leagues I've been in wants to check baseball team once the NFL kicks off week 1. Which is around Sept 14-16 but as of now you can only end the baseball season like 1 week early which is like sept 23.

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2-week Playoff Matches

For all playoff matches, there should be an option for them to be 2-weeks long. This would ensure a game wasn't just a one-time win. ESPN has this option and it works very well.

30th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manipulate Playoff and Consolation Bracket structures

We have a 10 team keeper league and I would like to create stakes for the Consolation playoffs at the end of the season.
    My solution is having them compete for top draft picks the following year.
    I would like to be able to manipulate the consolation bracket so that the 5th/6th have their own consolation playoff (for 5th/6th picks), and 7th/8th/9th/10th have a consolation playoff (for 1st/2nd/3rd/4th picks)

Currently the Consolation playoffs are locked with the 5th-8th place teams in the consolation

228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 week playoff final

I would love to have the option of a 2 week final. I don't like the finals landing on the last week of the season because too many stud players are resting, but I also don't like ending the fantasy season before the regular season ends. A 2 week final is the perfect solution to this problem. It takes away the flukiness of the last week final and allows you to play through the end of the baseball regular season.

177th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regulare season and playoff calendar

Would it be possible to set the calendar of matches for the regular season in the leagues in order to have the same number of matches with each team?

Would it be possible to set the start of the playoffs before week 22? To avoid the final weeks of the season when many teams start testing new players, right at the most important moment for fantasy leagues?

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You can't have championship week occur during the final week of the (real) regular season.

Seriously. This is not real baseball. Please have championship week done before the final week of the regular season.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you for your feedback and another great season of fantasy baseball on Yahoo. Our product and engineering teams are investigating more flexible playoff start/end dates for next season. Stay tuned!

Yahoo Product Support

16. There should be an option to make all playoff rounds two weeks long. That way, you get a real test of who the better team is in a long match

Two week playoff rounds would truly separate the men from the boys. Better managers and well balanced teams would be less likely to lose because of a key injury/rest day or an outburst from one opposing player.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow commissioners to again re-seed the playoffs. We used to have this feature.

We commissioners used to have this power. And now even the "help desk" doesn't have the power. We have a 3-way tie for 2 spots, and Yahoo left out the wrong team, even by its tie-breaker system. And the help desk says there is no way to "fix" this. So I have to score the playoffs by hand. Ugh.

117th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It would be great if you allowed Commissioner's to set the playoff weeks much earlier.

Most managers are ready to focus on Football during the month of September. I would love to be able to set the first playoff date sometime in early August.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  47 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fantasy Playoffs should start 3 weeks earlier (week 19)

The League I commish is ID # 59808. I've commished it and other leagues for 10-12 years. In recent years, in order to off-set constant increasing player injuries in baseball and constantly doing player transactions, I have always used the maximum DL players allowed. However, given that the long 162 game season tends to lend itself more injuries as the season progresses, and that the nature of baseball has gotten more intense over the years, it seems obvious that injuries are becoming more a part of the game. Primarily for this reason, I believe there needs to be an option…

165th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please let us edit out schedule length to our complete specification. Playoffs are a joke

This is getting ridiculous, ESPN allows me to start my playoffs in week 19. Absolutely inexcusable that we are not allowed the same courtesy in Yahoo. Robbie Ray throwing a start of 1.2 IP on the final day of the championship is a disgrace. Please fix this ASAP or I'll be taking another league to ESPN.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base