Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transaction Notification

Please add a notification feature when players are being dropped and/or picked up In my league I am the commissioner and I have set rules that indicate you cannot pick up players before week one. Also after week one you cannot drop a player when you pick them up they must stay on your roster for that week played. This prevents blocking others who want the player and then just drop them before game time. Thank you.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved free agency process

Currently the waiver wire process requires a choice, we can either run the FAAB process every night and not allow pickups on Sundays before the games, or we can run FAAB once a week but have pickups in a free-for-all format throuhgout the entire week.
    My league (and assume most others) would like an option to run FAAB every night and have add/drops on Sunday morning in case of injury announcements. CBS and many other websites have already implemented this. Yahoo has the best overall interface out there but my league may have to switch if the waiver rules remain…

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow waivers by lottery

I think it would be great if you waiver claims could be resolved by lottery instead of position/ranking.

This would allow everyone to place waiver claims with no cost.

This would eliminate any need for people to wake up early the next morning to grab free agents who weren't important enough to waste waiver position, since there was no cost to begin with.

189th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modify the waiver rule (error #245)

The way Yahoo has it set up, if you drop a player, then want him back, you CAN NOT put a claim in for him. That is ridiculous. Sure, the player has to pass through the entire league before you can pick him back up, but the way Yahoo has it set up, everyone else in the league can put multiple claims, and you have to wait until ALL are processed before the player is available to you (if he hasn't been scooped up). The way it should be is, that player passes through the waiver order ONCE before the…

112th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Programmable Waiver Period End Time

With the Yahoo FFL current restrictions, the waiver period ends on Tuesday at 3:00 AM EST. This means that free agency opens at this time, which is not very convenient for those who don't want to burn their waiver spot for the week, but still want first access to the free agency pool. Can you please make the waiver period end time programmable?

88th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Place FA/Waiver pickups that replace Starters as a Starter not a Bench player

Please change how your website works when you pick a player off waivers to replace an existing STARTING player. As of now the waiver pick up is added as a Bench player and the Starting stop is listed as Open. I screwed up this last week by replacing my Starting Kicker with a FA just minutes before kickoff. I presumed that was set. I checked my roster literally 5 seconds after game start to realize my new Kicker was stuck as a bench player and I had no Kicker for the week. I had to still make another switch to…

427th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why can't the waiver wire clear at a more reasonable time in the a.m.?

How about 9 a.m. Pacific, 8 a.m. Mountain, 7 a.m. Central and 6 a.m. Eastern? It's ridiculous that we have to try and get up in the middle of the night to pick up a free agent without losing our waiver status. Why is it done this way?

104th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reduced Waiver Period for TNF players

The rigid two-day waiver period for dropped players is annoying on the best days and a HUGE leak when it comes to TNF players.

Players dropped on Waiver Wire Wednesday should be addable if they are playing Thursday Night Football. Instead they are stuck on the waiver wire until Saturday which really means they can't be added until the following week.

Not sure if the best solution is reducing the Waiver window across the board or segregating TNF players, but this is a pretty silly restriction.

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to adjust waiver processing times.

Being able to set a customized time for when waivers process in a league would be ideal for FAAB (Continuous).

Example: Being able to set the waivers process time to 9am PST Instead of the set unchangeable standard of midnight PST.

112th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conditional Waivers

When prioritizing waivers, there should be an option to make certain waivers conditional based on higher priority waivers being successfully claimed. This would help when you don't want to lose your league waiver position for the lower priority claims, but would like to process multiple waiver claims if you already used your position on the #1 priority waiver claim.

127th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow locking bench players after their game begins until waivers begin on Tuesday.

Bench players whose teams have played may still be dropped, allowing the team to sign player on teams whose games have not begun. At a minimum, there should be an option to disallow dropping such players, and require them to remain on the roster until waivers begin. While my league likes the Yahoo platform, other platforms allow this option, and we hope that Yahoo could allow such a restriction rather than needing to switch platforms.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add option to Lock all players (for that week) once their game has started! Common sense option on other platforms

I like having the Waivers run once a day (almost everyday) so there's never a time a team can simply Add a player based off of breaking news... they have to put a Waiver claim in. However, with this "Continuous" Waiver option in Yahoo, it doesn't Lock the Thursday night guys once they've played. When our Waivers process on Saturday, the Thursday night guys are available to put a bid in! That makes no sense!

So PLEASE Yahoo, simply add an option to Lock Players at Gametime (regardless of the Waivers setting). It's a simple option that other main platforms…

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make adding players for a Monday night game reflect in the current week, not next week.

I have a no waivers league. I want to add a player for tonight's MNF game, but when I try to add a player it is reflected on next week's schedule. I'm not trying to exchange a player that already played this week. I'm trying to exchange a player that was on my bench all week.
    What if I have a questionable player going into Monday's game? What if I would like to trade him out on Monday before the game starts? Why do I need to exchange him on Sunday, before I know whether he's playing or not?
    The…

427th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Drag and Drop Waiver Priority

The current use of drop down lists to order the waiver priority is cumbersome. A drag and drop interface would be much easier and faster.

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an alert setting when a player is dropped to the wire.

Managers should be able to set alerts for players that get dropped to the waiver wire as well as traded. This could even be limited, but it will expose collusion as well as get managers more active in the wire (using the app more often)

427th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1-Day Waivers

My league is set up for 1 day waivers... if someone is dropped after the waiver refresh on Wednesday morning, they aren't available to pick up until Friday. That seems like 2 days to me. Why aren't they available on Thursday?

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fairness of Continual Rolling List waiver priority

I don’t understand the logic/fairness of the Continual Rolling List waiver priority that is used in the Yahoo Pro Leagues (assuming I understand how it works). Whether teams are requesting the same players or different players from waivers, it appears that the team with the worse waiver priority will get the later time stamp in each round of claims? So if every team took one player off of waivers each Wednesday, or two etc., the waiver priority would never change. The only way I can improve my priority is if I take fewer players than someone else. That doesn’t seem…

427th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Commissioner to change between weekly & FAAB waivers

Short version: Allow the commissioner to change between weekly & FAAB waiver formats.

Currently, Commissioners can change the weekly waiver options between continuous rolling waivers, reverse order of standings, and a reverse order of standings weekly rolling list that resets after each week. In order to change to a FAAB waiver format, the commissioner has to contact Yahoo support.

Then the commissioner can change between the different tie-break methods for FAAB. If the league wants to go back to weekly waivers, they have to contact Yahoo again.

154th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Players like Colin Kaepernick is should NOT be listed as a 49er.

When the 49ers play (because he is apparently on their team unbeknownst to the 49ers) he is placed on Waivees which is INCORRECT. He should still be available to pickup as a Free Agent. This is a billion dollar business. Why are these obvious things being fixed prior to the season? It's mind boggling how many years it takes yahoo to make things right. It took 3 years of me and probably many others to hound them about excluding UNAVAILABLE players on Transaction Trends. And don't get me started on why Yahoo thinks ANYONE cares how many times a player…

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please take away the team designations for players no longer on a team. Kaepernick is not a 49er. He should remain a F

Players who are not currently on a roster should not have team names next to their names and more importantly should not be placed on waivers when their former team plays. They should remain a FA until either a fantasy team picks them up or a REAL team. Please fix this.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base