How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

An ad-free experience

3rd ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Product Support shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

News feed for tickers:. I would pay for the access to the site if you removed sponsored articles which are more ads than relevant articles. (put sponsored content on sidebar or eliminate in a paid version)

• greg etimos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XXII has recently been hit with a short and distort article by Seeking Alpha that has been responded to by the CEO and Yahoo has removed the SA article since. However there is now a flood of law firm "ads" claiming a class action lawsuit and it is flooding the news feed for XXII. The seeking alpha article was removed, these should be removed as well. They could mislead new investors who are looking into the company

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ad suppliers are broken, which makes yahoo look broken too.
    They are not helping at all.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would pay for an add free yahoo finance experience. If you make this an option I would want to be able to remove the trade button beside my stocks also. I do realize that Yahoo also needs revenue to stay in business. Nothing is really free in this life. I have already paid for the add free email experience.

• Alan Baren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

News feed for tickers:

1. Remove sponsored articles which are more ads than relevant articles. (put sponsored content on sidebar)

2. Make list statis versus refreshing constantly inline. You want to go back to a ticket and see than same story you read. Impossible. List is constantly refreshing. List top 10 more recent stories for that ticket for the day plus a More... link if you want to see the list of 100+ articles.
    Just impossible to find that headline you just saw 2 minutes ago to revisit it. Headlines disappear and get buried in all the refreshes and sponsored articles.

• Brian Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all the advertising noise and your dysfunctional navigation its almost impossible to use this site on my PC. You folks need to go back to the original site and leave it alone. This gets worse every day.

first of all, the price would have t be reasonable, or I'm not buying. Secondly, it should be ad free for certain if I'm paying for it AND it should have premium content like WSJ AND it should give you direct secured links to your own on line brokerage service. It also should give you inside perks, like coupons for investment magazines and such.

I would not consider paying for Yahoo Finance unless it had an uncluttered UI like old Google Finance, the portfolios and stock views were completely customizable, privacy of data were ensured, no ads were shown, the stock data were reliable, and low-quality news from computer-generated articles were excluded. In other words, the complete opposite of the current experience. Invasion of privacy, tracking, lack of security, etc. are unacceptable.

Here's an idea, keep it free because there are better analysis tools out there then Yahoo Finance.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both stated ideas, plus ZERO adverts and sponsored articles.

You can't have both ads and subscription charges at the same time it is no longer acceptable to consumers.

Stop with the high bandwidth ads, I usually exit the page when they take too long to load thereby defeating the point and making me frustrated.

Better journalists, ones that aren't so biased or at least featuring journalist from both sides of the isle.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base