New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Move One Email in A Conversation to a Folder

You keep squashing this suggestion, but huge numbers of people would benefit by it.

1432nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TABS LIKE SOCIAL, PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED

SEPARATE TABS LIKE SOCIAL PROMOTIONAL IS BADLY NEEDED. WE END UP IS MISSING OUT IMPORTANT MAILS.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. subject search doesn't fully work, misses most messages

I've noticed this getting worse. When I enter a search term like "subject:***" that the messages retrieved never fully match what I see in the inbox. Really odd for a company that started out as a search engine. I can't imagine how hard it is to do a string match on a subject line, but apparently Yahoo Mail has a lot of trouble with it.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc.

there should be an automatic filter like gmail is providing viz. primary, social, and promotional etc. so one can easily sort the mails received.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. stop blocking

how about not blocking my comments on articles because YOU as a leftist ,disagree with me?

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop with the constatnt change your adblocker. Every time it pops up, I have to go through several screens to get back to where I started.

Stop with the constant change your ad blocker. Every time it pops up, I have to go through several screens to get back to where I started and I lose any input I have done. Listen to your subscribers. I shouldn't have to pay to not have ads.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. email address / image preview for spam control

In the "list mode" of displaying email, I would love to see the email address of the sender. I would also love to see if the message consists only of images.
    Note you do not have to scan the image, but just print in the text if only image is present.
    This information would allow us to put email in spam or delete it without opening it. Big time save.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Thread

The last conversation should be first in the thread, it is very easy way to view the long conversation.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restore old emails

I opened my email account today after a long time, but found inbox and all other folders empty. Also my earlier phone number registered under this account does not exist now. Therefore, I have entered my present mobile number in this account record. If you want any verification, you can ask me.
    Please restore my all emails in all folders.
    Thanks.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WHY ARE MY YAHOO COMMENTS CANNOT BE POSTED.

WHY ARE MY YAHOO FORUM COMMENTS CANNOT BE POSTED,

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. my contacts are present but why is my inbox messages gone please I will be waiting for the Yahoo.com Institution to kindly respond please

Its is VERY URGENT that I here from this company RIGHT AWAY please ? I HAVE A LEGITIMATE YAHOO.COM ACCOUNT why do I need to sign in AGAIN?

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove/disable in-line message recommendations

Get rid if in-line message recommendations.
    Allow in-line message recommendations to be removed or permanently disabled by user.

These inline message recommendations takes grossly too much message space.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Conversation/thread history in wrong order!

The threads of a single conversation history often (not always) show in the wrong order and makes for difficult reading. Really annoying!!! Why can't they be displayed in date/time order, which is what a converstation is???

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stars

1. It would be really helpful if the stars could be made different colours : Ie: if i don't want to file the email yet, and have half a dozen that I am waiting on dealing with, then to be able to 'star' them with a different colour for the 'status' of my conversations would be really handy.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. un-send messages

there should be a category or option that allow a send of a email to UN-send a email if he or she realize that the email communicating with is not to be trusted eg online person who create email so as to rob people online especially those who look for job face this problem

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This is AWFUL!!!

I cannot copy paste old mails to my new mails to reply...it runs out of room! I am only allowed a small portion of room and then it goes invisible.

I have NO emoji's....I absolutely hate this new e-mail and will be switching...should have done it when you changed. AWFUL!!!!

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want the old format!!!

I can't make the new format forward attachments

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base