New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1809th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. put my replies at the top of my reply/forward e-mails--not at the bottom. Every other e-Mail system makes this user selectable

Choosing the sort order of a conversation/thread is user select-able in other e-mail systems--why not yahoo? .

Why should I -- or anyone -- scroll to the bottom of an e-mail thread in order to reply to it?

This is a regression error. I used to get my e-mail thread in reverse chronological order--bring it back, or at least give me a choice.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. reply all

When I click anywhere in the reply box it goes Reply All by default.

I'ts great that the Reply, Reply All, or Forward buttons are right there and easy enough to see, but I have been caught out before when I just quickly click in the box and accidentally Replied All to about 40 people when I only intended to Reply to the person in the previous message.

I appreciate being able to click anywhere within the box (it's very efficient), but I think the default should be to just Reply, not Reply All.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Read emails

Yes, I like others, just found that I could NOT find my READ emails. I don't want to know whether I'm the only one. I want to know how to RESOLVE THE PROBLEM! What are YOU doing about it? What can WE do to make the READ EMAILS SHOW? (Never had this problem in nearly 2 decades of having my email with you.)

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "select all" for selecting emails .... user should be able to use this feature within a date

when I go to my inbox, I should be able to "select all" within a date (today) and not have to uncheck 30-60 emails from the previous day that I chose not to erase.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't display the huge widget on the right when opening an email after searching sender

When I open an email after a search, it opens a large widget on the right with info on that sender. It wastes a huge amount of space. I can collapse it, but I have to do that every time. I don't see a way to prevent this in Settings.

1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. remove space like Earlier in August July

remove the space in between mail like Earlier in August July

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. un-send messages

there should be a category or option that allow a send of a email to UN-send a email if he or she realize that the email communicating with is not to be trusted eg online person who create email so as to rob people online especially those who look for job face this problem

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is AWFUL!!!

I cannot copy paste old mails to my new mails to reply...it runs out of room! I am only allowed a small portion of room and then it goes invisible.

I have NO emoji's....I absolutely hate this new e-mail and will be switching...should have done it when you changed. AWFUL!!!!

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spam protection

My spam is getting ridiculous. I can't filter it. If it continues this way, Yahoo has lost me, big time....and I've been a user for years. C'mon guys & gals....get with the program!

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want the old format!!!

I can't make the new format forward attachments

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Thread conversation is confusing .

Please make a simple flow of conversation . The whole reply, forward, send is not as easy to figure out and does seem everywhere you get confused on what thread you are or should respond to . what is worse is once you go back you have to find that thread.

1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. automatic contacts in the "to" field

When I type in an email address, I get an automatic listing of other addresses in my contact list. The old Yahoo mail was better - the automatic list was of people I regularly contacted together. Now, with the new Yahoo, the automatic listing starts with the people I most frequently contact -- but that is NOT helpful. I have various groups that I contact, and my most frequent contacts are not in all those groups.

1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo chases customers away by "fixing" email interface

Put buttons (send, attach, etc) where I can access them rather than below the accessible part of my screen, use fonts I can read on my screen, use different fonts to indicate whether an email has been opened versus one that is unread, give an indication you care about customer's needs.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is no "Line" "------------------" between prior emails and you do not see who was "cc'd"; so you have to go back to the prior email !

Terrible - There is no "Line" "------------------" between prior emails and you do not see who was "cc'd"; so you have to go back to the prior email !

1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

bring back the four lines of information when replying to an email such as to, from, date, subject

1362nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MAIL POPOUT OPTION WHILE DRAFTING A REPLY TO ALL MAIL

Hi, small recommendation hopefully it helps in way Mail popout option while replying to the existing email. Resizing a snippet image in a mail. Unable to align a signature and the image with the font text. More fonts and colors.

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened my email in my inbox?

How to know on what date and time i have read/ opened email in my inbox?

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Security

Yahoo mail Security:

Why do you allow ransomware to be mailed in yahoo mail?

1809th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base