How can we improve New Mail?

Block addresses by domain name

Blocking individual addresses does little to stop the plethora of SPAM these days. If we can add a block by domain name feature, this would help cut down on repeat spammer domains.

62nd ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Larry Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder how much the spammers are paying yahoo. In every forced update, the ability to block the ******* spammers gets tougher or downright impossible. The previous version took several mouse clicks to get to the "blocked addresses" settings. Now, it takes a major search. I also have (had?) 1000 domains blocked. Now I have to delete one before I can add another.
    I've been using yahoo since 1995. This forced "upgrade", as far as the blocked address filter is concerned, is one giant leap back to 90's technology.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found how to access my list of "blocked addresses".
    click on the gear shaped icon
    click on: "... more settings"
    click on: "security & privacy"
    That will show your list of blocked addresses.

When I attempt to enter a domain name "t-online.hu" I get "invalid entry"
    When I attempt to enter a domain name "@t-online.hu" I get "invalid entry"
    It does accept *@t-online.hu but will that work to block the domain???

I received Three Phishing spams from different addresses at t-online.hu over the course of a week. ALL three had the SAME gmail reply address!

The blocked addresses CAN be removed. Again, "help" doesn't tell me how!

Your NEW (NOT) improved email also has NO PROVISION TO REMOVE BLOCKED ADDRESSES, that were blocked in error!
    There in NO USE blocking a "garbage" address from a free email service, they just use ANOTHER "garbage" address! ( a "garbage" address can be a random letters & numbers combination that they use ONCE)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think and option of blocking Domains, as well as IPs with high number of scammers, should be implemented. I have blocked several recent spam/scam messages from 'myip##' type addresses that hit me using mail3.flexmsg bypass. considering these are mostly from Kenya, I think granting an option to block the Kenya IPs would greatly reduce these.

I have tried to block Yahoo, JAPAN in the OLD yahoo mail. YOU DO NOT BLOCK yahoo, Japan!.
    You do NOT control Yahoo,Japan, and since they ONLY ACCEPT COMPLAINTS IN JAPANESE, I cannot complain of SPAMMERS! I received ANOTHER SPAM last week from that domain!

How about BLOCKING ANY FORGED Sending Address?

In your OLD mail page I COULD BLOCK DOMAINS, In your NEW (NOT) improved I CANNOT!
    I had over 600 (mostly) Domains blocked that were SPAMmers, many sending advertisements in French, which I do NOT READ. It does very very little good to block noreply@... when all they have to do is change it to noreply1@... to make it through your block!

This last week, I received 14 SPAMS from YAHOO Addresses plus another from Yahoo.pl, plus 5 from gmail addresses. Two of those gmail addresses had a YAHOO MESSAGE ID! At least one of those Yahoo sent SPAMs used a Second Yahoo address for Replies!

Whenever any new version is released, as a user, we expect more added features and advanced functionalities available. But, unfortunately, Yahoo removed the 'Block Domain Address' features and instead asking to block email address. Blocking email address will never help a user from receiving hundreds of SPAM emails. Why don't you introduce Block Domain address feature or else we have to thing of moving to some other email solution.

I want to block kartforkart.com probably one of the worst spammers. Better yet why does not Yahoo recognize this as spam and put it right into the spam folder?? Or just let me block by domain for you don't want to offend the domain owner.

• Joseph Tuan Phan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did Yahoo remove this important spam-fighting functionality? Even the help section says you can block domains but it doesn't work. I have dozens of top level domains in my block list so it obviously used to work. I just want to block appspot.com, which is only used for spam.

• Kompella Purnima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why I cant add DOMAIN name to be blocked? I have tried it just now and it takes ONLY email address. You cant filter SPAMs yourself which I believe you cannot because I get SPAM email in my inbox everyday. So please allow your users to block what they dont want to see in their inbox

I want to block kartforkart.com and am not currently able to do so. Please help!

• Ben Meaden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I constantly receive spam messages from changing senders from the same domain. Here's the problem, I used to be able to type in a domain to block, now mail requires that it is a full email address. I want to block the domains that are spamming me, not just individual senders. Creating a list of only god knows how many people all from the same domain does not make sense from the End User's standpoint or from a business standpoint.
    The sheer amount of spam along with my inability as a user to combat this effectively has driven me away from yahoo products.

• TheTruthWillSetYouFree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I delete and block senders so why in the F(CK does your piece of SH!T mail server not do what is intended? Don't send me a bullSh!t excuse for your incompetence either.

• David Hattermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

beat this yahoo have started harrssing me with *** /***** emails fropm the usaI.E jaspertony@mate2.com and 100s more besides.yet when I press unsubscribe they vclaim the email address doesn't exist ...maybe I should pass this on to cid and police as yahoo clearly doesn't give a toss.and you cant even get to talk to yahoo.

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'M looking for an answer from YAHOO! regarding blocking a domain but apparently going nowhere I give up,.. I guess the answer would be to switch to GOOGLE!!!

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo instructions explain how to block a domain,..but when I enter a domain ,..yahoo won't accept it
    and tells me this is not an e-mail address,..I just want to block domains as per yahoo instructions,what's wrong???

• chandan mishra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After blocking emails I receive it from same id again and again which has made me frustrate to use yahoo mail.

• nina ondeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I block addresses from my spam but they still get through. How is this possible if you are supposed to be blocking them?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base