Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a head coach

2 points for a win margin between 1-9
    3 for win margin between 10-19
    4 for win margin between 20-29
    5 for win margin of 30+
    0 for loss
    1pt for a tie

458th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team D/ST Point category for WIN

Bonus points for a team D/ST who won. 1% or something, or variable. This ensures that the winning team is more likely to outscore the losing team.

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Head to head vs. each team in league

Provide an additional head-to-head option where you play against each time in the league, if you have lowest score you would be 0-9 that week, best score 9-0, etc.

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pass Interference Points

If a RB/WR/TE draw a Defensive Pass interference penalty, award the intended receiver 1 point, and the QB .5

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Points bonus for cumulative receiving/ rushing yards

Our league has bonus qualifiers for receiving yards (at 100/150/200 yards) & rushing yards (at 100/150/200). Would it be possible to create a bonus qualifier for cumulative receiving/rushing yards? i.e. a running back has 50 receiving yards and 50 rushing yards for a total of 100 total yards, therefore receiving the bonus points.

202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to absorb K points into Def/Sp. Teams

My league eliminated Kickers from our rosters this year. We were all sick of the randomness and it's been wonderful without them. But what I really wanted to do is absorb those Kicking points into the Defense / Special Teams. So when you draft the Patriots D/Sp.Teams, you're also drafting the points Gostkowski gets... and if Gostkowski randomly gets hurt mid-game, your fantasy football team doesn't go down with him because you're getting all points by all kickers on that team. I mean, Kickers are part of Special Teams... why are their random performances separated out? I'd love to see…

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change special teams scoring

Make fumble recoveries and touchdowns an option for special teams. We feel fake punt or fake field goal touchdowns should be special teams. Also a fumbled punt return. Yahoo says that is offense.

519th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create an owner performance metric

It would be nice to have a % of score for the # of points scored vs maximum points possible each week for a team. For example, a team scores 100 points in a given week, but could have scored 120 points had they started the best possible lineup available from their roster. This could be used for tiebeakers, additional points earned or simply bragging rights.

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Victory Points option

I think yahoo should add a victory points option. The way it works in H2H leagues, you play your H2H matchup and that's a win or a loss. (1-0) then your score is compared to the rest of the league, if you are in the top half of scoring you get another "win" if its the bottom half you get a loss. So every week there is 2 games. So you can be 2-0, 1-1, 0-2, on any given week. This helps reduce the luck of H2H schedules. It's funny to read how I am 6-4 but if I have…

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DST consistant scoring

A few years ago I lost on a scoring correction. What happened was I owned the Saints Def. Drew Brees threw an interception, on the INT return there was a fumble and the Saints recovered it. At first my def got the points for the turnover recovery, but it was later corrected. The reason I didn't get the points, per Yahoo, was because my defense was not on the field at the time. I disagreed with the logic, as I felt once the int was thrown the saints become defense-tackle points would go to offensive players back in the day…

903rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Best Ball Flex

After talking to several people in different leagues on ways to make fantasy football better, one of the things mentioned was having a Flex spot that would be fillet with the highest scoring player not started. So say your league start the 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST (as an example) you would asign players you want to start every week in those spots, and then there would be the best ball flex that would take the highest non starter on your bench. We felt that it would have more involvement then…

283rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DST and/or Kicker designation changes...

I have long hoped for ways to further customize fantasy leagues to add more interest, intrigue and strategy to the way owners can approach their matchups week to week.

One idea that I would love to see implemented some day would be for there to be a DSTK position or a DST position with a check box saying "track kicker stats" next to it.

This simple change could bring about many variables to how commissioners can lock in mandatory Roster positions that will impact how owners approach the draft, trades, waiver moves and setting their starting lineup week to week.

261st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Rob, thanks very much for your feedback, certainly an interesting idea. I’ll pass it along to our product managers to investigate feasibility. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

13. 996th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 996th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stat correction

Bobby Wagner, saw the repeat game and I saw more tackles that what yahoo is counting. Can you guys double check. I can easily give you what times he did the tackles.

996th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New England Defense scored for a sack week 8 and all other sites doesn't show a sack

Why is it a sack when New Englands site doesn't show it as a sack or ESPN or NFL.com or CBS?

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fumble 6

I think there should be a "Fumble 6" option, similar to a "Pick 6". So, if your player fumbles, and that fumble is returned for a touchdown, he gets more negative points.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

379th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 996th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Defensive scoring

In our league (Buffalo Bills Backers) we have a system that rewards the defensive team as the following: 200-299 yards allowed gets you 6 pts.; 300-399 gets you 3 pts.; 400-499 gets you 0 pts.; and 500 or more gets you -5 pts. That's fair but it doesn't account for a defensive team which holds an opponent from 0-99 yds., nor 100-199 yds. That's totally unfair. In fact 3 teams in our league last week did just that and weren't rewarded at all!!!!!!! With the above examples of multiples of 3 they should have gotten 9 pts. for 100-199 and…

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Anthony Zettel needs stat projections..

....he is projected for 0.00 points every week and he is a starter. When doing projections as a trade it skews the total projections.

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base