Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add options for Fantasy Playoffs

Specifically in leagues with divisions, allow the option to have each division have its own seeds. This will allow leagues to mimic the real NFL and how the NFL has its conference champions face each other in the SuperBowl. Please see below and I will explain in detail how this would work.

2 Divisions in a 12 team league:
    -Each division (6 teams) has the top 3 teams make the playoffs
    -The top 3 teams in both division are assigned numbers 1 thru 3 seeds
    -The 4, 5, and 6 seeds for both divisions make up the consolation bracket.
    -In…

98th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manually set up playoffs

I know it's possible to set the playoffs manually before they start, but why isn't it possible for the commish to set the playoff matchups each week? I am in a league on CBS where the number 3 seed gets to pick if they play 4, 5, or 6. Then, the 1 seed gets to pick if they play 2 or one of the winners from the previous week. It's not fair to get stuck playing a lower seed who maybe had some injuries but come playoff time they have a juggernaut.

371st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand playoff participants

In 14 team leagues, allow all teams not in the winners bracket to participate in the consolation bracket. 6 & 8 instead of 6, 6, and 2 automatically out

488th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow edit to # of teams making playoffs by the commissioner.

With a league of 14 teams, I want to have 7 teams make the playoffs w the reg season champ being awarded a bye. Why doesn't Yahoo allow this? It's either 6 or 8 teams.

371st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The comissioners should be able to customize every round of the playoffs.

Commissioners should be able to adjust every round of the playoffs. We have the eliminated teams play for draft positions. We also have divisions throughout, not seeding teams based on points.

317th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow playoff matchups to be edited after the playoffs begin.

I'd like to be able to manually change matchups during the fantasy playoffs. This would allow me to have a consolation tournament take place for the Bottom 4 teams, and would include losers from Round 1 of the playoffs.

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fantasy Football Playoff FORMAT CUSTOMIZATION

Need the ability to be able to customize the playoff FORMAT beyond the number of teams and reseeding. I.E. The ability to have multi-week playoff matchups (semis head-to-head matchup for both week 13 and 14 then championship is weeks 15 and 16) or even the ability in a 6 team playoff structure for the top 4 high scores for the first week advance to the semis then the top 2 scores in the semis advance to the championship. Really any additional customization ability in the playoffs would be GREAT. Thanks.

371st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tiebreaker is supposed to be Head to Head season record, but 4th seed went to highest scoring. Need HELP ASAP

Our league is supposed to be head to head season record tie-breaker. 3 teams finshed 8-6. 4th seed went to highest scoring instead of the team that won their regular season matchup by 90 points. Need help changing playoff seeding in our league

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 8 Team Consolation

I run a 14 team league, and I would love to have the option for a 6 team Playoff Bracket and an EIGHT team Consolation Bracket. Yahoo! currently only offers a 6 team Playoff Bracket and a 6 team Consolation Bracket.

371st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Playoff time!

When it comes time for playoffs, you should dress the site a lot more for the contenders. Give it an intense, more exicting look. Add some art, regular season h2h match up summaries, etc. to the Match Up page. More graphics or something on the League page as well.

IT'S THE F'N PLAYOFFS!!

I'd love to work for yahoo fantasy if you take this idea.

Thanks.
    Sammy Lin

488th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let us unlock schedules in the playoffs

Not having control really sucks.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manual Playoff Seeding for Each Round

Our league is considering a rule change to do manual seeding of the playoffs this year for each round as we want to allow the highest seed in each round to pick their opponents of that specific round.

1) 3 Seed picks between 4-6 for first round
    2) 1 Seed picks between the two winners of the first round

317th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 8 team Playoff with Consolation Bracket

I run a 12 team league with an 8 team playoff however for the 4 unlucky members there season ends after week 12. I think it would be a good idea to have the option for a 4 team consolation bracket extending their seasons two more weeks so they are still engaged for the rest of the season.

604th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Commisioner power!

You need to give the commissioner a lot more power! I can't stand how the entire consolation bracket has a bye in week 14. I'd rather have them start in 14 and be finished after week 15. Also you need way more options for tie breakers. Division record should not matter more than high score overall. Also high score should not matter more than head to head match up if it's in different divisions. The way yahoo does this is so messed up. Also I've been saying this for years. You need fractional points for field goals! Come on YAHOO.

604th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consolation Bracket Edits

Currently my league has 14 teams and 6 of them make the playoffs. However because of that the consolation bracket also only has 6 teams, forcing two teams to sit out.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove first week bye?

Is it possible to remove the first week bye option? I have a 10 team league and would like the 1 seed playing the 6 and so on. Not sure if it’s already an option but I didn’t see anything.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow commissioners to edit entire playoff brackets, winners and consolation brackets

This suggestion is mostly for consolation brackets. Right now, in a 12 team league with top 6 seeds making the winners bracket, seeds 7 and 8 get byes in the first round of the consolation bracket. They are then set up to face the winners of the 9/12 and 10/11 matchups.

This essentially eliminates seeds 7 and 8 from losing the consolation bracket and coming in dead last. In leagues where the person in last place has a "punishment" for losing it basically makes it so that two teams check

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cut the consolation bracket out of Pro Leagues. All teams that don't make the playoffs should be locked so they don't ruin the playoffs.

Cut the consolation bracket out of Pro Leagues. All teams that don't make the playoffs should be locked so they don't ruin the playoffs. Every year the same thing happens. Some idiot that didn't make the playoffs decides to drop all the droppable players from his roster. Not playing on this site until that gets fixed.

488th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let us disable the consolation bracket in fantasy playoffs

I know many people enjoy the consolation bracket in the playoffs, but no one in my league pays attention to these games or cares about them. All they do is mess things up. Please give us the option to turn the consolation bracket off!

There are two main benefits:

1. This will make the "lock eliminated teams" feature more effective (right now it's basically useless because it lets managers in the consolation playoffs continue to make waiver moves, which is not what most commissioners intend when they use this feature)

2. It will prevent meaningless consolation games from determining the…

226th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create the option to allow two-week playoff matchups

ESPN (among many other sites) offers an option where playoff matchups can last two weeks instead of 1, and the cumulative score after both weeks determines the winner.

58th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base