Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Draft Order

It was 56 minutes before the draft was scheduled to take place and I wanted to set a custom draft order, but Yahoo has an arbitrary rule where I can't change the draft order 1 hour before the draft. So I had to reschedule the whole draft. Thanks, Yahoo, for not giving me full control over my league.

135th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. YAHOO - CHANGE YOUR "PRE-DRAFT" CHANGES CAPABILITY

Two issues I faced regarding "Pre-Draft" settings:

1ST ISSUE:
    1) 10 minutes before the draft time for one of my league, I realized that the time needed to be pushed by 30 minutes (I am the commissioner). Yahoo's pre-draft settings would not let me do this. The commissioner can only change the draft time UP TO one hour before the draft time begins. As per Yahoo, this is because that is when the draft room is created. This is ridiculous. You should be able to change the draft time ANYTIME before the draft begins, even if it's one second before…

166th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let us draft a coach

The idea of drafting a coach has been floated in a couple long time leagues, and has been an overwhelming hit.

The idea is you’re able to draft a coach and assign a point value to a win or loss. For example if you draft Matt Nagy and the bears win it’s +1 and a loss would be -1

The coach position, if used would be a roster spot that you’re only allowed to put a coach in to prevent teams from not having a coach and filling it with a deeper bench of position players.

Every team needs a…

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT

Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT this allows dynasty GMs to add in offseason trades, then GMs can pick keepers with their proper players and we can then online draft, this would make dynasty leagues so much easier and better to use!

181st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow setting of maximum # of players to be autodrafted at each position

Players should be able to set the "shape" of their lineup when they have to autodraft. For example, I want to draft 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, etc.

I was unable to participate in my league's live draft this year, but entered an extensive list of player rankings. I ended up with an A+ draft on paper, but it had a backup kicker and IDPs, and only 2 RBs and 3 WRs. As you might guess, that didn't work out so well.

It seems for players who have to autodraft, it should be possible to indicate the maximum number…

847th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto draft stinks for Defensive players. Yahoo auto draft drafts the worst defensive players possible.

fix how you auto draft ranks defensive player. it always auto drafts guys that arent even playing or have a chance to play.... ranked 1500.

273rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Commissioner access to enter all draft picks for players during a live draft.

There should be a draft setup where the commissioner can draft for most of the players during a live draft. An example of what I'm describing:
    My league has chosen to do an offline, in person draft this year. Only 11 of the 14 members can make it in person. It would be awesome if us 11 could still do our in person draft (with draft board and all) while the 3 stuck at home are able to follow along on the site (or app). If I, as commish, were able to input every pick at the in person draft…

315th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Draft Values

Listing Auction/Draft and Keeper Values On Player Lists and Rosters Throughout The Season

891st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. filter mock drafts

I doubt it would be too hard to let people filter the rules, positions available, # of players for the mock drafts. The point is to practice for your real draft, so I'd like to be able to practice as close as possible to my real league settings.

I play in a 12 person, PPR leauge, with IDP instead of K and D/ST slots. I feel like adding a drop down filter menu that would allow you to only see the leagues you want with these options shouldn't be too hard.

479th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yahoo should create customized Slow Draft option...

Create live drafts that have a customized timer and notifications. Simple right! Yahoo! already does both, why not combine the two. This would allow leagues such as mine to do a slow draft which a manager has hours or days to select a player then when they do the next manager would receive a notification that they are on the clock. Currently my league does this through GoogleDocs and texts. Yahoo! would be able to charge for this ability I'm sure. The other platforms allow you to do this but it costs a lot and I really like to use…

367th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow uploading of draft rankings via CSV

I would prefer to rank my players in Excel and then upload my rankings instead of manually having to look at my rankings and update them in the yahoo tool. This would be a great addition.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make time zones clear.

Auction is set for 7 pm MST and countdown is 7pm PDT which is 8 MST. It is very hard to get 10 people to all reschedule last minute. You need to have someone select the time zone themselves or get your setting right (make MST = MST)!!

41st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More in-draft control

Commissioner should be able to pause the draft, make picks for someone, even be able to go back and change a pick if need be. Not everyone can be at the draft. And sometimes the circumstances are less than ideal. Wifi cuts out all the time. People have technical issues. We had to switch to ****** espn this year because of their in draft controls.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  54 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Seperate the chat section from the players drafted....too much going on in that box.

Separate the chat section from the players drafted ....there is way too much chatting going on in order to concentrate on the players that have been drafted. Why can't they be separate boxes? I don't like to see all the **** that people want to say about players when they're drafted.....if people like that then let them view it in another box so the serious people can concentrate on just the players that get drafted. Look at the ESPN site and see what I'm talking about....the most user friendly site I have ever seen.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  32 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Release draft order once league is finalized

Draft order should be randomly assigned when the league members are finalized, not 30 minutes before it begins. This would allow people to do mock drafts in their assigned draft position and prepare properly ahead of time.

91st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Nomination time for auction drafts needs to be decreased

This is our 12th year playing together and the 6th year doing an auction draft. The time it takes for people to nominate players is too long. There should be an option for 15 seconds, because the lowest option right now of 30 seconds, is far too long. If guys are not paying attention and forget to nominate then a good player still gets nominated automatically. With a league of 12 guys drafting 15 players, that's an hour and a half spent just on nominations. The draft takes way too long. Adding the option (not making it a default by…

147th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need to be able to Pause Auction more than 5 tiles

Technical issues come up and league managers need to be able to reverse picks, change picks, and most importantly, be able to PAUSE an auction more than 5 times (that’s your max allowed right now). My League is gonna have to go with a different site unless you can change this. It’s too bad, because your auction room has fantastic functionality. Best in class.

315th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We get a draft grade after the draft, why don't we get one at the end of year on how are draft choices turned out?

I don't believe in the grade of my draft at the start of the season. In the pros they also grade team's draft choices at the end of the season. Why not give a grade for a team's draft at the end of the season as well?

479th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for a longer draft clock time limit than two minutes for electronic drafts, and allow for no draft clock.

The two-minute draft clock limit is an arbitrary limitation on leagues that isn't conducive for leagues that meet to draft in person and like to take their time with the draft. Of course, there is the option to plug in the players manually, but that adds additional effort for the commissioner and sometimes can result in miscommunications without a live draft board. Allowing for us to use the software Yahoo! provides with a draft clock that is longer than two minutes, or even allowing for there to be no draft clock, would vastly improve the experience.

181st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow importing of Pre-Draft rankings via CSV or other means.

It is very tedious to update my rankings based on my spreadsheet. Please for the love of god let me import via CSV!

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base