How can we make Fantasy Football better?

POSITION LIMITS PLEASE

PLEASE CREATE POSITION LIMITS FOR ROSTERS

117th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cortland Lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jim Pothast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeff Hussain I challenge you to try it!

Maybe you haven't played in free internet leagues much.
    I have for over 20 years & they are a joke.

No one in the area will invite me to play locally because they know I have played for so long & they prefer to enjoy easy prey. How much fun is that? And that I want a fair league.

I just want to point out a few things. All also depends on the number of teams in the league.

There are always 2-3 that don't play at all. 2-3 that will submit a partial line up which is not playing.

There are always lousy commissioners. That don't know how to handle those who don't play.

How can you tell if your league is worth a ****?
    Actual points scored vs max possible points. You should be above 80%.
    Hoarders scores are usually lower because they have too much to choose from.
    So really you hurt yourself.

Go back & max points the schedule would your record be the same? This is very interesting.
    How would your league turn out if you were ALL perfect.

I am filling in in a league where there are hoarders the free agent pool is EMPTY & there was a guy who did not field half of his starting offense cause they were all on byes.WHAT FUN IS THAT?

If you are going to hoard at least pick the highest scoring person at that position each week or you are wasting your time.

It's a 20 team league (which are a complete joke) No more than 16 EVER!
    If you are unable to fill your line up each week your league is a joke.
    Nearly every league I played in I would run into an incomplete line up. Or the guy with a player who should definately be starting on the bench.

If you do not draft appropriately you shouldn't be playing. But in a 20 team league the are not enough QB's so why?

I've played in a league where the last place team did not play all season but did the week I played them & beat me costing a playoff spot. If they played all year I would have likely been in.

Fantasy should mirror the real thing. Granted there are teams with 3 RB & teams with 5.
    There are still only 32 RB worth drafting.

Just try it once & compare it to the other league you are playing in.

If you read my other comment I have 4 other who play no other leagues now because of the competitiveness of this kind of league.

• Jim Pothast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoarders kill leagues plain & simple.
    A hoarder = a person not playing.

If you enjoy playing in a league where each team does not field a complete line up you are wasting your time & your (free) league is a joke.

You will all hate what I say UNTIL you try it.

I made a league with basic starters 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF with 1 bench player at each position at all times. 10 team league.

I get "it's to restrictive" all the time but there are more free agents than in a league the same people will play in. So how that is restrictive is beyond me.

Why my other owners like it:
    No hoarders
    Full line ups each week
    a competitive game each week
    a competitive league to where all teams are in it until the final week (too much parody for most)
    and that is what it is all about a competitive league.

Granted this is primarily an internet league problem not so much with a local league where everyone knows everyone.

I do have openings in my league if interested. (Courtland Lee)

ohace84
    @yahoo.com

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I join a league and then the Commish imposes this limit rule,
    will I be allowed to drop the league?
    In the past, when the Commish changes rules,
    Yahoo has not allowed us to drop out of the league.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a NEEDED option for the Commish to utilize (whether in private or public leagues). It is better to have it and need it,than not have it. So if this functionality becomes available, if you choose not to use, then that's fine for that league.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would hate to join a league and then have the Commish put in a rule which limits how many players I can have in each position.
    It's not necessary. It's not needed. It's not helpful.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most likely players to get injured are RBs.
    So, of course, you benefit from drafting a couple extra RBs.
    I want to keep that ability.
    I don't want to see leagues in which managers are limited to too few RBs.

• Bob Mesick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make position limits available at the team level. I am in a league that is totally auto-draft and getting 5 RBs, 3 WRs and 2 DST just doesn't cut it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In public and Pro leagues, there are position limits.

In private leagues, it is left up to the commish to control.

Feedback and Knowledge Base