Yahoo Homepage

Welcome to our Yahoo Homepage feedback forum!

If you would be interested in participating in User Research studies for Yahoo Homepage, please fill out this form.

This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Homepage experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Homepage.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop auto play of vids and inform when "articles" are vid only very little text

Stop auto play of vids and inform when "articles" are vid only very little text

81st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enough British royal articles

We don't need to see day after day of their ****.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop Allowing Videos In Comments

Some posters include flashy videos that are very distracting. Please disable that.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My Yahoo Homepage

My suggestion is for the My Yahoo Homepage. I would like to see new themes to choose from because they have not changed or been updated for years. Thanks!

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dangerous JS code on main Yahoo page

On main Yahoo page you have JS code like:
    window.onload = function() {
    var astroBodyText = document.getElementById("astroBodyText");
    while (astroBodyText.scrollHeight > astroBodyText.offsetHeight) {
    }
    }

For some systems (depends on installed fonts) condition:
    astroBodyText.scrollHeight > astroBodyText.offsetHeight

always true, that's why your main page is stucking :-(
    Please fix this condition or add condition for exit from loop.

147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. You have an ad for a "genetic trsting" scam. The SSA is warning people about these scams and you are abetting a fraud by showing these ads!!

Yahoo needs to vet their ads more closely. Tis ad for genetic testing is a scam to defraud medicare!!

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. If you come across the ad again, can you right click on the ad and select “Copy link address”and then update your post with that URL. That will allow us to investigate this further.

Regards,
    Homepage Support

7. I see that you will allow me to stop receiving film/movie, why is not sports postings also voluntary?

So, why is Yahoo Sports not optional? I can find no way to opt out. Please turn mine off. Thank you.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ads

I have repeatedly over SEVERAL days now told you to stop putting a specific ad on my page. Here we are 3 DAYS LATER and it keeps appearing

139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Ads Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make your content relative to today.

It's June. Why are you posting Fall articles? Halloween, cooking Fall fruits & veg, Thanksgiving recipes?

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Many article headlines are false and misleading. Headlines for articles are lies at times. Your page is being discredited.

Writers need to stop lying in headlines to get people to read thier stories. Anymore half of the headlines are bias and all out lies. After reading the story you wonder how the writer could even possibly gotten their headline for their story. STOP THE LYING. News reporters are supposed to be neutral in politics. YOU GUYS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and honestly should be fired for writing misleading articles and false headlines.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please bring back local and world news

There is no where on yahoo to look at World News, no where to find Local News, no links to political cartoons or other cartoonists, almost never any science articles, and your sports page usually reads like high school students with no sports experience is writing the articles. Even as a democrat myself I find the far left political bias to be infuriating and the misandry oozes off the website like a sinus infection. Why?

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE..fewer Trump pictures/photos etc. PUHLEEZE

PLEASE..FEWER Trump facials. Hes disgusting, politics almost aside. PULEEZE!!!!

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To Web Developer: Block Level (not Inline) Elements, Please clear floats...

Hi, On Larger Displays (mine is 17"), there is a problem with the elements in the right column of the page floating over elements in the column in the center of the page. So, please make the elements "block" level (instead of "inline") and please clear the floats. Thanks! That should fix it.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back Yahoo Games!!!

Yahoo! Games were so popular back in the day and would still be today. Such a great variety of games and tournaments run 24/7 by some great sites. Bring these games back!

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. TOO MUCH JUNK on the front page instead of NEWS. Also, I'm sick & tired of the constant 'security' thing with signing in to Yahoo! END IT!

If the 'we've noticed you not signing in on this device...." were accurate, you'd only have to pass it ONCE...NOT EVERY STEENKEEENG TIME YOU LOG IN!!! I can see MAYBE if you're logging into a site or destination requiring it, but for MAIL, it's STUPID!!! Fix it and the equally-stupid mail and adds within the opening page (oh yeah, and the 'make Yahoo! my browser' ****.), or A LOT of us will be going ELSEWHERE!!!

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop using 'slams,' 'slammed.' English has a wide vocabulary. Find some new verbs!

Expand your vocabulary. I get pretty tired of seeing that someone has been "slammed" or that "x slams y!" If you are being paid to write, use a thesaurus or something.

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. why are you pushing your app everytime I open yahoo!

Stop pushing your app! I've said no!

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "National Interest is a mouthpiece for the weapons industry and it's shameful how frequently, like 3 times a day you allow their propoga

Do you desire war with Iran or China or Russia or all of them at once? Every day you allow at least 3 pieces of advertisement for the "Center for the National Interest" through their publication, the "National Interest." By doing so you abandon all pretense of balanced journalism as this "institute" serves the war industry. It's like going back 40 years where outside of M.A.S.H, every TV show or movie glorified war and the military. It is now a mainstream American belief that the "Defense" Department's budget is excessive and yet you don't produce or link to any article…

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the big background splash on the home page sucks ..

.. stop or i will be leaving ... very annoying and the flash when it jumps could cause epileptic seasures

204th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base