New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  430 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintain inbox sort order please

I prefer my inbox to be sorted by Unread messages. If I move off the Inbox to another folder and then return to the Inbox, the sort order is no longer by Unread messages, but instead by Date: Newest On Top. This is quite annoying to have to set the sort order each time I navigate to other folders.

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dump unnecessary views

Get rid of Deals, Travel, Purchases, Groceries, etc and definitely get rid of all the **** pop ups

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spam

Spam folder does not update item count until the folder is actually slected.

Since Yahoo has the habit of flagging my legit mail as spam (50% of what get flagged as spam is not), I need to know when I have new items in my spam folder. The count indicator does not update until after I've opened the folder for 10-20 seconds. So that means I need to manually check my spam box more often than my inbox so I don't miss mail.

This is basic functionality that was lost with the forced move to the "improved" interface.

302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tell me when something's in Spam

You continue to put valid emails in my spam folder and what's worse, you don't tell me when I have something in there. So just by chance I look to find several emails that should have gone into my in box days or weeks ago. If you can't fix the fact that valid contacts should not go in the spam folder, then at least TELL ME WHEN THERE'S SOMETHING IN THERE.

1232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand you are not willing to allow your customers the option of deleting Views but can you at least allow us to move it under our Folders so we don't have to "Hide" it everytime we sign into Yahoo mail?

283rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sent folder items cannot be moved

sent folder items cannot be moved at all at the moment. they cannot be moved to other folders.
    I suppose that this is a temporary glitch and hope it will be resolved asap
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

166th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Views folders need to be removed! A waste of space, can not see MY FOLDERS!

REMOVE THE WASTED SPACE VIEWS FOLDERS, THEY ONLY TAKE UP SPACE AND BLOCK MY FOLDERS!

314th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filters

I just switched to the new email format. Not only is it very 'busy' now....I like the streamlined look, but I filter a lot of emails into folders to keep the Inbox clean. The problem is, with the old format, I could go to the drop down above the email and click to 'filter messages like these'. With the new format, this is gone andf I have to go to settings, copy and save thew email address, then go to filters and paste it so I can filter the emails into a folder. Who thought it was a good idea…

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  53 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 357th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need a 'Sent To' column

It would be nice to have a 'sent to' column when viewing the sent folder. If I have 50 emails in there, all sent to different people, it would be nice to have a sent to column so I can sort by who I sent the emails to. It is so cumbersome right now. I don't like using the search field because it brings up everything when I only want to view the sent to emails.

1044th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bandeja de entrada esta vacia

Hola mi correo es arturo_coronel@yahoo.com, la bandeja de entrada de mi correo esta vacia, deseo recuperar mis correos

1959th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. move emails

When you select a folder to move and email, have the Move drop down remember the last window. So if another email it to be moved to the same folder, when the Move drop down is selected, the folder name is right there, no scrolling. Now the Move drop down always starts from the top. The old email system remember the last selection.

1232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quick Search of Folders for File Transfer

I am using Yahoo Mail App on iPad. When I tried to move a message to a particularly created folder, the window prompted does not allow me to type in key characters of the folder's name for quick location. This is particularly troublesome as I got a lot of created folders and every time I needed to scroll through the whole long list to locate the folder I wanted. Is it possible to make the prompted window interactive so that I can easily locate the folder I want by typing simply some key characters? The Android version of Yahoo Mail…

1959th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. spam folder

When I empty the Spam Folder I am NOT asking Yahoo to load videos.
    Just empty the folder.
    I DON'T want any videos!

1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hi I need help how can I retrieve my old folders in my email please help

My yahoo is complete a new inbox how do I retrieve my old inbox and folders please help

1959th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. consolidate all my Yahoo email accounts into 1 accout.

I have 2 yahoo email accounts. Sometimes checking both of them is a hassle. Could you please consolidate both email accounts into a single folder

1959th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lost my inbox mails and important folders

i had my important data in inbox which is not there now can you help me please!!!!

Its very important!!

My Mail id is
    And i may be contacted at
    or at

1959th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Apply Custom email filters *before* Spam filter

I have 20+ filters set up for specific domains, showing that I clearly want/expect emails from them.

These emails should not end up in the Spam folder. I don't care what your 'statistical learning' thinks is spam. The defined filter clearly shows I WANT THE EMAIL. Your system should not override that.

The only exception I can think of would be if spam filter knows the email is dangerous. Not 'undesired' but destructive. In that case, perhaps overrule the Filter. But if the email is safe, my Filters should trump your statistics.

Alternatively (or in addition): Put…

712th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. moving emails to a folder

In the old Yahoo mail, when you moved an Email to a folder, Yahoo mail remembered that and the next time you clicked to move an Email, the folder list came up with the folder you previously moved to visible. Now, it goes back to the top. This is an annoying change and a loss in functionality. At least, there should be an option in settings to select this behavior.

856th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base