New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Hi there!

A member of our customer service team would be happy to help you resolve this, please visit help.yahoo.com or forums.yahoo.net for further assistance.

Regards,
    Mail Support

2. emails closing for no reason

Works for the most part, however i have had a recurring issue with my e-mails simply closing up for no reason and without warning. i have to re-click the e-mail i was viewing and this happens nearly every time i use the "new" e-mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

A member of our customer service team would be happy to help you resolve this, please visit help.yahoo.com or forums.yahoo.net for further assistance.

Regards,
    Mail Support

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

4. HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION

HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Avatar issues

The avatar which I added to my account (my logo) does not show up in emails I send to other people. The avatar on my emails is a photo of my initials which I did not add. I want to use my logo in both places but cannot find a way to do it. Please help! :-)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

6. Provide option to return to old formats used and add trash icon to each email line.

Give me back my old format!
    I much preferred it, only got new one by accidentally clicking bottom of page which moved as I did so. I regret this very much as I cannot now go back.
    Would like trash icon next to star on each email line!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Setting of email notification time code

I'm in the central time zone... Right now it's 2:39pm and my email notification time is current stated as 7.39pm. Any idea on how to reset the server time code so people are getting the right time coded messages?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have not been getting google emails in the connected mail box for several days

I have not been recieving new emails for several days in my connected gmail inbox. If I try signing into that account again it doesn't change anything.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. return me to old format!!!!!

return me to old format

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. People views

I desperately need a view that only lets me see emails from my contacts. I am overwhelmed with shopping and political emails - I need the OPPOSITE of the coupons/shopping view! I keep missing emails from people I know. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. suggestion

can you please suggest me. since 1 week ago i couldn't get properly massage we suffering if you help me i appreciate..thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

14. Closing isn't always saved

In settings, I use the closing method... but when I change the message (daily) I use three different accounts... two of which use the same message, the third is different... I change the color to same on all three... I copy the message from the first and, using "select all", I paste the same message in the second account... sometimes the changes take and sometimes not... any idease?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

15. My phone number does not have text ability, and this is the only place I can let you know that giving you my number won't be useful.

Always asking for my number; giving my number won't do you or me any good since I don't receive text.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

16. Calendar Will not save new entries

Fix the darn Calendar!! It regularly glitches out and I cannot edit entries or save new ones. It will be out for a whole day or two. If you cannot fix it I will have to just use gmail like a normal person.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

17. Tried following your instructions to switch back to classic mail, as another respondant said: your instruction do NOT work.

Drop this new email version. It is sluggish, cumbersome, and many of the features from the Classic Mail don't work with the new email. A,so: under Settings there is no category to return to Classic Mail. Very disappointed in your lack of testing of the new email and for your poor customer service.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This help page explains how to switch back:

help.yahoo.com/kb/switch-back-previous-vers..

Please be sure you click on the settings wheel in Mail, not in Help. We have found that some users are trying to make the change to switchback to classic Mail in help.yahoo.com rather than in Mail.yahoo.com. You will not find the option to switchback in Help. You will find it in Mail.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

18. browser

I keep getting the message that my browser needs upgraded even when I'm using Edge. The link takes me to a page to download Edge! Get rid of the Feedback button at the bottom left of the screen!! It's annoying. I can't and won't give you feedback daily.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 email notifaction with all emails are emptied

Can't get rid of 1 e-mail notification when e-mails are emptied.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base