New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. passwords

By allowing us to choose a password we want without saying it's too weak. Let us have what we choose! Everything I pick is too weak for you. *******!

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When I login to Yahoo email, I am always prompted to provide a phone number so that I do not get locked out. I am never going to provide a p

When I login to Yahoo email, I am always prompted to provide a phone number so that I do not get locked out. I am never going to provide a phone number. Is there any way to stop having that prompt ask me to provide a phone number for recovery? I would rather not share my phone number.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This prompt will never stop as long as a mobile number is not listed on the account. We do required that an account have a valid mobile number listed in case the account does in fact need to be recovered. Currently when a new account is created a mobile number is require otherwise an account cannot be created.

Yahoo Product Support

3. Viewing sorted emails

I used to be able to sort 'sent' emails by 'recipient' (used it many times). Then one day it was not there anymore. Please give it back.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

The option for sorting your inbox are:
    - Newest on top
    - Oldest on top
    - Unread
    - Starred
    - Sender

These are the only options we currently have for sorting he inbox.

4. stop deleting our emails!!!!!!! i wasnt dormant for 12 months!!!!!!!!!!

stop deleting our emails!!!!!!! i wasnt dormant for 12 months!!!!!!!!!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We see a few reason why emails may be deleted. One, the customer has deleted or whomever has access to the account has deleted those messages. Two, the account has not been accessed for 12 months or more and will be deactivated deleting all content. The third and most common, a 3rd party email client is being used such as Outlook or the stock iOS app on a mobile device.

5. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why does my settings not have the "basic" option for yahoo mail

Improve the setting icon to include "Basic" or Classic" for mail

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Within Yahoo Mail the option to switch to Basic is still there. Once you click on the gear icon you will need to now click on more settings. You will see the option to move to basic on the left-hand side bar.

7. After 18 years with Yahoo account, cannot attach/upload photos from PC.

Although, for a completely unknown reason, as I did nothing differently, one photo attached a week and a half ago. I have no other devices. Just the PC, and a digital camera.

I keep trying everything available to me, and I did read that it was now necessary to use the Yahoo app, but I have no device(s). I also do not have live interaction ability via computer. Why it attached the photo the other week, and hasn't since, is a mystery.

Sending out one photo every couple of weeks is important to me. Thank you.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort by size would be a great addition

Sort by size would be a great addition

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The new calendar won't let me set the time. It doesn't work. Please do something to make it work.

Pros: great to have it on the same page as the inbox.
    Cons: not great that it doesn't work!

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't roll all the messages into one

This new Yahoo mail STINKS. It's just like GMail, which I won't use for the same problem. I hate how email threads are truncated and I can't get back into them. I use Yahoo to plan weddings and I need to be able to see ALL the prior emails from my clients. I also hate that the emails are no longer sorted by date. Whose idea was this and who thought it was a good idea? On top of that, I can't even vote for all the other people who feel the same way. Yahoo, you BLEW it! Thank God…

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. One click select for a whole month selection will facilitate deletion instead of tedious one by one

At present I have too many emails piling up and yahoo's new way of not removing ticked individual mail is a great idea but if you also permit one click to select a whole month, it will facilitate my removing unread and unwanted emails.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please fix; att.net email will not stay signed in

Since the last update of yahoo mail for att.net, although I select stay signed in, it does not. I have to sign in every time I check mail.

Please fix this .......... SOON ! ! !

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I need to pay yahoo pro and don’t see how. I need a human being to help me with this please

It is incredible there is no way to contact a human being anymore ! I am paying this yahoo pro and don’t even have access to anyone.
    Please, life isn’t only machines and robots.
    Thank you.

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. disable yahoo news notifications

Please allow us to disable to News Notifications for news articles (Not Mail Notifications) that appear at the top of the page under the Blue Bell. This is annoying.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. LOss of emails continues even w/ older format. Kept old format worked better for me. Restore or report mechanism needed.

Lost emails since 2017. Lost emails continued after format changes. Kept original format. Since 2019, as I get running out of room messages, now more issues in folders and contents disappearing are unsatisfactory. Since 2020, security issue msgs seem to be more present. What can yahoo do to improve and secure its operations?

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What has happened to your Android App? It takes up to two minutes to open, and the time delay has got worse and worse over the last month, o

Fix the Android App please. It takes up to two minutes to open, and has been progressably slowing down for more than a month

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add an option to add an email link or basic content to a new event to follow up.

Some emails require some research to get back to the sender. Such an email can be tagged to to do or an event in your scheduler to schedule the calendar to get back to them at a later time

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My email notifications Sucks

My email notification is turned off and I never turned it on in the first place, however I am now getting notifications. --- Yahoo needs to fix this.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You would need to make sure that notification on both the Yahoo app and the mobile device are turned off. You can check this within the settings of the app.

19. Length of time for keeping emails in In Box

I keep certain emails in my In Box that I prefer to keep for more than 6 months and they disappear. I cannot find them. Only one month at time will be retained in my In Box for some reason. I want the option to choose how long to remain in IN BOX.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Emails will not disappear as long as the account is active.

If you are noticing that emails are being deleted this could be due to how the account is being accessed outside of yahoo.com or the Yahoo App.

We see this when a 3rd party email client such as Outlook or a stock mobile app is being used.

20. Do Not Delete ALL emails without warning user

I hadn't logged into this account for a while as it was getting bogged down with junk mail. However, my grandfather just passed and I had a lot of photos here as well as years of emails. I logged on to find out Yahoo deleted all of this history and memories. I understand wanted to clear space but you have my phone number and other email. Why wouldn't you warn me? This is so disheartening.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I do apologize for your loss. Unfortunately when an account has not been accessed for a period of time it will become inactive and the contents removed.

By signing back in you did reactivate the account but those previous contests are gone and cannot be recovered.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base