How can we improve New Mail?

Please indicate if there are emails in spam! I almost missed paying a bill on time because it was in spam and I did not notice it!

Spam

7th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ute Gustafson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

395 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amogh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the previous version, the Yahoo tab on the browser also used to show unread email count. It doesn't in the new look. That is very useful feature and is causing me a lot of frustration.

I can understand you want to keep advancing but why do you need to retire on existing working useful and important features of Yahoo mail?

• William Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just opened the blank spam box and find over a hundred spams there.
    This is far more than the usual, so your spam filter is not blocking a lot of spam in the first place.
    I can see about 1000 spam in a week. How can other people deal with it and see if anything is not spam?
    Select All -- Delete is not a good solution.
    Tell us what is inside each folder every time. Post the number of entries.

And please stop being so rigid in design that when I adjust the "size" of the Yahoo screen, the SIGN OUT goes over to the hidden right side.

• L. Hockley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be asking too much to have some indication that we have messages in Trash and Spam? Every time you change this you ***** it up! Can't you do anything right???????

• Livia Borosy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to see the spam mails or other mails which goes sometimes into the spam folder to be highlighted. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't need so many indicators of number of messages in any folder, but I've always DEPENDED on being able to see (without opening the folder) that there were new messages in my Spam folder -- now I can't.
    And knock it off with the damned pop-ups! I've had the same e-mail address for 20 years, but I'm about to switch because I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS AWFUL NEW MAIL!

• William Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening up New Yahoo Mail, the Spam trash can is blank, but when I open it, it has a week's worth of ****-mail.
    if you are goinb to label things Spam then tell us that you have.
    Old Yahoo told us there was spam.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And what does 1308th Ranked mean? Is my email not important?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new set up is of no use to me. You are choosing which emails are spam and putting them in my spam box with no notifications! BUT most of them are not spam. Any emails from Gumtree for example end up there and I miss out on sales. If you can`t fix this soon , I`m afraid it will be time for me to go elsewhere :-(

• ARH47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indicate number of unread messages in Spam folder like before, please. Thank you.

• Nashspacerocket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a software engineer, this is one of the most basic UI design options in an email program. Put back the number of unread mails in spam folder, and even trash.

• Nashspacerocket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a computer programmer myself with a masters degree, including UI design, one of the most import aspects for getting users to check the spam folder is to actually have a number on it showing number of unread mails. that way you know to go look in it. classic mail had it, new mail has removed it, please put it back, and while you're at it, do the same for trash.

• Ryan Vit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SHOW SPAM IN SPAM FOLDER AGAIN! YOUR SPAM FILTERS ****, AND CONSTANTLY FILTER OUT THE WRONG EMAILS! I NEED TO KNOW WHEN THERE IS SPAM IN THE FOLDER!

• Martin Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The last time we got a "new and improved" Mail, the Folders heading no longer indicated when some folder(s) had unread mail. Eventually it was fixed. Now we have another "new and improved" version, and it has the exact same problem. When new mail is filtered into folders, the individual folders show new mail, but the Folders heading does not. If you have more than a handful of folders, this is very annoying, since you have to keep scrolling down just to see if there's any new mail.

• a curto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a new idea . O do not accept your anser below as it relates to my question on how to correct it.

• Anthony Nicolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return the custom folders' message count to the UI. It is an important, convenient feature that is glaringly missing from the current/new iteration of your email interface. I used this feature to know when there are messages present somewhere within my long list of specific folders and to make sure and not miss an messages that were present.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE RESTORE THE SPAM COUNT AND THE 'REPLIED TO' ARROW INDICATOR!! WHAT THE **** IS ON YOUR MIND THAT YOU WOULD REMOVE CRITICAL INDICATOR FEATURES SUCH AS THESE!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base