How can we improve New Mail?

Please indicate if there are emails in spam! I almost missed paying a bill on time because it was in spam and I did not notice it!

Spam

7th ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ute Gustafson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

360 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Angele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a counter indicator for the spam folder. Some mail items are not spam, yet end up in this folder and it is helpful to your users if we can see that there is mail in spam. These changes in Yahoo mail haven't made my experience better, just different. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a few days ago I don't remember how but i was able to go back to classic. A popup appeared with 2 buttons. one was upgrade now. the other was upgrade on next log in. i didn't click either button. i clicked the x in the upper right corner. i still go to classic when i log in.

it was normal at the time. a couple of days ago the number next to spam even though =there was new spam in the folder. the yahoo idiot programmers have now eliminated the number of spam messages in the folder in the classic version.

• Vladimir Vinokurov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be #1 problem - no indicator of emails present in Spam and Trash. Worst "feature" of new email, stupidest idea from marketing point of view, basically a usability killer - drives my rating from possible 3.5 to basically 1 star out of 5, so to speak.

OMG, Yahoo - since you forced me over the new version, there is now NO indicator that I have emls in Spam. Most are NOT SPAM!!!! FIX THIS!!

I need to see the number of emails in the spam folder without clicking.
    Bring back the spam counter!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone tell me the easiest way to move to gmail. this company still doesn't get it. How is it an improvement when the number of spam emails is removed? How is it an improvement when the name of a folder you move a mail to is not shown unless you hover the cursor over Yahoo/*** in the folder name when before it would show the name of that folder? This is a giant step backwards from my experience.

• Ruth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE stop sending my legitimate emails to the spam folder! I found 15 of them in there today and NONE were SPAM!!!

I have missed many important notifications because Yahoo is sending emails to Junk/spam. Please stop or notify me first
    Joy Packard

I have missed many important notifications because Yahoo is sending emails to Junk/spam. Please stop or notify me first

• Brendan Gillespie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been fixed yet? I continue to miss emails because they keep going to Spam and it doesn't tell you that anything is in there unless you click on it. If there is anything in the Spam folder, it needs to let you know the same way it does when there is something in the Inbox. Please fix this. People are missing important emails because of this issue.

Agree completely. Every other folder has a number next to it indicating unread emails ... except for Spam and Trash.

What kind of dumb ***** "upgrade" something but take away features and force users to upgrade to a butchered version with no intention of fixing it?

ok so i can "hover" over the folder name to see how many unread there are. BIG DEAL! I need to see at a glance how many there are, like it shows for my drafts folder. How difficult would it be, seriously, to set this up? It's the ONLY reason why I stayed with the older version. Now i'm thinking @GMAIL.COM!

• Yahoo Mail Feedbacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can still go back to the old format. It is tricky, but not impossible! Unfortunately, I can't tell you here since they might block that method (you can easily find it by fiddling with different tabs in the new version...) I don't like even the old format, but it is better than anything else put out by yahoo in the recent years.

• Angela Grimes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my biggest issue with the new format and why I held on to the old version for as long as I could. Numbers for Drafts and Inbox are there so why not Spam. I complained about it the first time I tried the new version ages ago.

Please put the number of mail indicator back on SPAM!

I have to say that I am having the same issue and just by chance I clicked on SPAM and found two emails that were not SPAM. Not having a number indicator for SPAM could mean missing important email.

yahoo doesn't pay ANY attention to these comments. Thousands of them, all critical of the new mail but yahoo only addresses those that don't require going back to the old mail. Once they make a change they are completely unwilling to admit it was a mistake despite overwhelming opinion.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base