Re-arranging accounts
In the past, before you changed the platform, I was able to re-arrange my accounts on the left side menu. I can't do that in the Classic or New platform. I do not like the changes at all. I'm currently in the Classic because I hated the new Platform. But you still made some changes to the Classic. Why did you remove being able to rearrange accounts?
-
Tim Lawler
commented
Long time yahoo email customer. I like the new email, but I noticed it moved where you can review your multiple email accounts (and how many new emails), to the bottom (with just one account showing). Any way you can return them to the old view? Email accounts (# emails). One line per account. Thanks!
-
Jeffrey M. Sweet
commented
The thing I like least about the new email is the accounts are now hidden in a pop-up menu at the bottom left of the page. I'd like the ability to have each account visible at the top left as before. It was much easier to move from account to account that way. I'm quite frustrated that Yahoo didn't allow users to switch back to the old version if they didn't like the new one. That's poor customer service.
-
Cassandra Freund
commented
I am VERY upset about the forced change to the new Yahoo Mail interface.
One of the most important features for my workflow was being able to see all of the different email addresses/accounts that I have added to my Yahoo account in the left-hand panel. That feature allowed me to quickly see and manage the different email accounts from one place.
Removing that functionality has completely changed the way I use Yahoo Mail. This is not simply a matter of disliking the appearance of the new design. You have removed a feature that was central to my daily workflow, and now I am struggling to manage my email the way I have for years.
I am extremely frustrated that Yahoo made this change without giving users the choice to keep the previous interface. Users should not be forced into a new workflow when the existing one was working perfectly well for them.
Honestly, if I could easily move everything over to Gmail, I am seriously consider doing so. I am looking into Apple Mail as another option as that is a similar design I had RIPPED from my work day.
This is a major disruption to my workflow, and I am asking Yahoo to reconsider this decision and restore the ability to view and manage all added email accounts from the left-hand panel, or at minimum provide users with an option to use the previous interface.
Please do not treat this as a complaint about colors, buttons, or appearance. This change has materially affected how I work and manage my email.
I am asking that this feedback be forwarded to the Yahoo Mail product team.
-
Anonymous
commented
I have several yahoo email accounts (work, personal, online purchases, etc) and I regularly switch between each of them. The old interface showed my current email login (e.g. cingham1) which was helpful so I knew which account I was looking at, and it had a dropdown menu option to easily switch accounts. In the new interface how do I switch accounts??? Very confusing.
-
Mary Hunter
commented
I purposely have many email boxes for different reasons/accounts and like to be able to simply glance at the list ... that used to remain clearly visible .... to see if any new emails have come in. HATE that now see zero boxes, can not simply glance but instead must continually hover hoping they will show up to check, totally sucks, way too time consuming and UNhelpful :(
-
Sandeep Kapur
commented
Moving additional/linked mailboxes (such as Gmail or secondary Yahoo accounts) into a pop-up menu severely reduces productivity and usability:
1. I can no longer see unread badge counts or active status for my connected mailboxes without manually clicking into the bottom-left profile switcher every time.
2. Switching between inboxes now requires unnecessary extra clicks, disrupting a basic daily workflow for users managing multiple accounts.Please consider restoring the ability to display added mailboxes directly in the primary left navigation panel—or at least offer a toggle setting so users can choose between a collapsed account switcher and an expanded, multi-mailbox sidebar list.
Otherwise I will be forced to switch to Microsoft or GMail as my email aggregator.
Thanks.
-
Jim Brooks
commented
put back option to see all email accounts on the left
-
Victoria C Kottman
commented
The new Mailbox Switcher is a significant downgrade for users who manage multiple email accounts through Yahoo Mail.
Previously, I could see all of my connected email addresses/mailboxes individually in the left sidebar at all times. This made it immediately obvious which accounts I had connected and allowed me to move between them quickly.
In the new Yahoo Mail, those accounts are hidden behind the Mailbox Switcher in the lower-left corner. This adds unnecessary clicks and removes important at-a-glance information from the interface.
Please restore an option to permanently display all connected mailboxes/email addresses in the left sidebar, similar to the previous Yahoo Mail layout. This could easily be an optional setting for users who manage multiple accounts.
The Mailbox Switcher may work well for someone with one or two accounts, but it is substantially less efficient for users who use Yahoo Mail as a central inbox for several email addresses.
-
Tom Walker
commented
Mailbox view, i cannot see if my other mailboxes have emails until i hover over my email address at the bottom. There should be a way to have all accounts visible by default like in the old version.
-
Steve Dudley
commented
Get rid of it- I could see multiple email accounts at once with the old one- this one simply only shows two, so I have to keep logging in and out to see/send emails- stop breaking what works to bloody change things for the sake of changing them....
Worse, changing back to the 'old' version- its bloody broken now TOO.... -
Roman Greenspan
commented
Please allow the ENTIRE LIST OF ALL MAILBOXES be ENTIRELY visible in the bottom of the left hand column, instead of only ONE mailbox be visible on the bottom, in the left hand's column
-
MH
commented
I have two Yahoo mail mailboxes/accounts, and under the old Yahoo mail view, they appeared at the top left of the folder tree panel. This meant I could see the new mail counter against both mailboxes and click directly on the appropriate one. New Yahoo mail has pushed the accounts to the bottom left and buried multiple mailboxes within the popout, meaning I have lost visibility of the new mail counter at the mailbox level, and now need multiple clicks to achieve what I could do in one click previously. Highly annoying and degraded experience.
-
Jerry C.
commented
Allow the list of mailboxes to be pinned open on the left-hand pane. In the old version you could quickly see what was going on in other mailboxes and switch with a single click while keeping your eyes on the main inbox. Now the list is in small type at the bottom of the page, and you have to expand it and then select the next mailbox. That's two clicks and to see what is happening you have to take your eyes off the main screen. Make it an option if you like so people can have it both ways. Aside from the ability to hace some color themes to make it easier on the eyes, this is my main frustration with the new version. Thanks.
-
Jay York
commented
I have many accounts/email addresses. They should be listed at the top. Currently they are listed at the bottom, but you can't just glance at the list to see which account ur using cause the account names are burried at the bottom of the folders. Stupid!
-
Pam Kraus
commented
I want to see my Gmail box at the top (like it was in the old Yahoo) instead of the bottom. This is very irritating.
-
Benjamin B.
commented
Move the Mailbox switcher menu back to the top, or make it an option settings.
-
Tim Brower
commented
In the new version, its very difficult to quickly see multiple Mailboxes. And the navigating to them in an extra step.
This is very tedious and not user-friendly for any using more than 1 mailbox. Could there be an option to change the location of these mailboxes?
-
Tanya Snyder
commented
I have multiple email address mailboxes which are used for different things. The mailboxes used to all be listed at the top, and I could quickly click through all of them and check for new mail. It was super fast. Now you have one mailbox at the bottom which you have to hover over to bring up a list of all the other email mailboxes. And if I want to check all my email boxes, I'm going to have to scroll to the bottom, and do the hover thing and click on the box I want EACH AND EVERY Time, instead of a full list at a glance, quick click and done. The new UI Is so slow and time consuming.
-
Mary Palafox
commented
PLEASE put the multiple emails list back at the top! Its now way at the bottom and only shows one. I prefer the "at a glance" ability to see all my 5 emails inbox at once. This is an absolute necessity for me.
Also having the starred items on the right is a HUGE distraction. Many of my starred items are in folders so i can easily see them when opening that folder. I resent Yahoo deciding what to highlight for me on the right. I do NOT choose to highlight starred items I prefer the classic layout.
-
D Lee
commented
Would be more convenient to have mailboxes especially when there is more than One under Inbox not towards the bottom under Folders