Email view settings: Compact view
Thanks for the new interface. however, it would be great to continue having the compact / comfortable space options to view email. this feature seems to have been remove and it now takes more scrolls to view email at a glance
-
Raymond Petruch
commented
The "new Yahoo email does not have an "Inbox spacing option under Appearances even though your documentation and help chatbot says it should. Please fix so that it is there and that option is available.
-
Joseph Rothengast
commented
FAR TOO LITTLE DISPLAYED ON SCREEN, SHOW LESS WHITE AREAS. ALSO FAR TOO SLOW. BEEN USING ANOTHER EMAIL SINCE THIS NEW GRAPHIC EMAIL IS A PAIN. i ALSO RECOMMENT OTHERS TO STAY AWAY FROM YAHOO NOW AFTER USING YAHOO FOR OVER 25 YEARS! DO NOT LIKE THE "NEW" YAHOO AND I HAVE STATED SHIFTING TO ANOTHER, OUTLOOK.
-
Johann Abraham
commented
Hi Yahoo Customer Care
I wish to reduce line spacing of my Inbox to be (small) just as it was prior to the New Yahoo Mail update.
Although the documentation refers to 'Inbox Spacing' setting there is no such ('Inbox Spacing') despite the following in documentation:
Click the Settings Icon Image of the Settings icon..
Under "Message Layout", select one of the following options:
List (no preview pane)
Right (show message in a preview pane on the right)
Bottom (show message in a preview pane on the bottom)
Under "Inbox Spacing", select one of the following options:
Small
Medium
LargePlease help.
-
Andrew Jennings
commented
I see that a compact view is coming soon. I can't wait. I don't like this theme. It's not very customizable, either. In the end, not very user friendly. Also, I lost my News link, and web search link. I want them back.
-
TM
commented
Terrible new tone deaf layout approved by out of touch executives who are out of touch and don't use Yahoo. Now, users are forced to use third party email clients like Gmail, Outlook, eM Client just to access their Yahoo mail.
We want the original Yahoo CLASSIC mail with ultra-compact inbox layout that displays the maximum number of emails on screen with minimal spacing and normal (NOT LARGE FONTS) between messages.
-
Karl Pritchard
commented
the "new" display has the message contents at 1/3 the width and 2/5 the height of the screen. A large part of this message content window is not message - the top - it is an unreasonably large vertical box which is not message content. The mail program itself is, however, very well done.
-
Dave Hefner
commented
There is too small an area to read an email. Eliminate some of the top and bottom margin stuff or make smaller so that there is a larger area for viewing the inbox and also a larger area for reading an individual email. I want to be able to view more than 3 or 4 items in my inbox message list.
-
Sarah Davignon
commented
When I go to my inbox to look at emails, the portion of the screen that actually allows you to view the email is way too small. It makes it extremely difficult to read and respond to emails and can lead to missed information.
-
Antonio Burch
commented
The new update for desktop version makes it using Mail nearly impossible. The contrast for the themes are abysmal along with the font which makes it nearly impossible to view a message properly, let alone the height the email page when trying to read an email. These can be fix by adjusting the contrast for readability so it's not straining your eyes when reading. Adjust the height for the emails when viewing them would help too. These are simple fixes that can be done and I'm not understanding why none of this was taken into consideration beforehand. Please do better.
-
Charles Barra
commented
You have borders and headers on top that are fixed, You also have a border on the bottom. Therefore only half of the message is visible on the page. Have a look at basic mail again. The back button was embedded in the message and the action buttons like delete, move, mark as spam were embedded at the bottom of the message. As you scrolled down more of the message was visible on the page. Reading messages is like having horse blinders on. By the way, mobile mail suffers from the same problem. If you try to read in landscape mode, you can hardly see anything. Please go back to the basic mail model, It just reads better. Thanks.
-
Richard S
commented
Do the developers actually use this? This new view is horrible. It makes the Gmail web client looks and workings look fantastic. I need a fast, compact, low bandwidth, and simple interface like the classic view was previously. Also, PLEASE make the email addresses display by default to prevent scams and malicious emails from being trusted by just seeing a name. It's like when windows turned off extensions, bad bad idea.
-
John Allen
commented
I want to go back to what I had. I used to be able to see a list of about 20 emails, now only 10. very inefficient. No option to change layout. In the past when Yahoo made these bad changes you had the option to go back to Yahoo Classic. Where is that option, I don't want this change and want to go back.
-
Kenny Trollan
commented
Provide an option to make the email rows thinner for a sleeker and more compact viewing experience. If the new modern look to yahoo mail is mandatory for some users, please make this option available.
-
Benjamin Gallagher
commented
The entire page layout (all options) has too much unused space, which means that empty space on the page is not used for the content that users actually want. It's everywhere, but especially a huge waste of space around the sender and subject in the reading pane.
Every day I use this New Yahoo Mail is one day I am closer toward a full switch to mt Gmail account. I HATE this new interface. It is SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOW. You've added new features I don't want, which requires the entire experience to lag with every click. Going in and out of emails. Slow. Selecting emails to delete. Slow. Switching folders. Slow. Every interaction I have with this New Yahoo Mail is a frustrating experience. -
eamon farrell
commented
The 'from' column is far too narrow. It cuts off names and email addresses. Make it wider or make it adjustable. Also bring back the option to adjust inbox spacing. The current layout is so hard to look at.
-
Robert J Stewart
commented
Would like an option where I can see more of the emails in my inbox. The previous version of Yahoo mail had tighter "rows" of emails. Maybe a toggle to leave as is (default) or an option for tighter grid spacing.
-
Dinesh & Kumar
commented
It is very very important to have the possibility to display the list of emails through different sizes => compact, normal, large (for instance) ?
On my side I like to have possibility to see a maximum of emails lines on my screen, and with this new version the number of emails displayed is very limited in my point of view. Its very frustrating and I have already thinking to move from Yahoo (which I was happy using since 25 years) to Gmail which gives this BASIC option !!! And I have used new Yahoo for just few hours. -
Kandy Hartzell
commented
I dislike the new mail display, the emails are listed out so far apart i can only see about 4 of them instead of double that. Please add back the option for compact view of the spacing between emails
-
Caro Call
commented
I am a paying Yahoo Mail Plus subscriber, and I strongly dislike the new desktop layout.
The new inbox uses far too much space and is much harder to scan than the previous Yahoo Mail. I have already turned off Inbox Categories and minimized the right-hand column, but there is no true compact/dense inbox option.
Please restore the ability to choose a compact inbox with tighter message spacing. Ideally, please also give users the option to use the previous Yahoo Mail interface.
Paying Mail Plus subscribers in particular should have MORE control over the appearance of their inbox, not less. Removing customization options from a paid product is extremely frustrating.
Please bring back compact inbox spacing and/or the previous layout.
-
Jan Russak
commented
There is now - for no apparent gain - additional whitespace above and below each message in the main list. These vertically 'widely' spaced messages force excessive scrolling. Please provide a way to tightly pack the messages in the list in the way they previously appeared so that scrolling can be reduced. I'd prefer to have to do fewer clicks rather than always having to do more clicks for no gain. I don't understand the benefit from having "taller" lines in the list of messages in a mailbox. Does someone just think this looks prettier? Sigh. Annoying.