How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Make the consolation bracket optional!

I run a 10 team league with a 4 team playoff. We would like to turn off the consolation bracket due to there not being any value playing for 5th place. Most teams don't try these weeks and since we draft in the opposite order of how we finish teams usually try to lose to improve there draft position for the next year. Just give us the option to turn it off, other leagues my want to keep it. What's so difficult about this???

97th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Keckler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The commish can’t edit teams in the playoffs if it’s a cash league.

This would be a very welcome feature. Down with the consolation bracket!

• Chris Neiman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a way to stop bottom tier teams from deliberately tanking in the consolation bracket, or dropping stud players (since you cant auto-lock them if they are in the consolation), and just maybe get them to care about winning during consolation playoff weeks. Here's how I handle it.

Our teams draft the following year in reverse order of the previous years standings, excepting the consolation bracket, who will draft IN ORDER of final standing. It looks like this:

(I have a 10 team league, with a 6 team playoff, 4 team consolation)

Draft Pick - Previous Finish

1 - 7th place (the winner of the consolation)
    2 - 8th
    3 - 9th
    4 - 10th
    5 - 6th
    6 - 5th
    7 - 4th
    8 - 3rd
    9 - 2nd
    10 - 1st (winner of the league)

• Michael Robbins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to post this when I saw your thread. I agree. It is dumb that we don't have the option to turn off non-playoff consolation games. It's not like last year the NY Giants and the Browns were playing each other in January. Give us the option to turn off consolation games.

• Jason Cropper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way my league gets around this is to do the draft order based on reverse order of regular season finish....taking the playoffs and consolation bracket out of the equation.

• Dcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good idea. Gotta love the post by "anonymous" below (obviously a Yahoo employee) who just throws it back in the face of the person making the request to do it himself. So typical of Yahoo. Moron.

• Evan Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good idea. I recently looked at my league history and it said the worst I had done was 5th. I know I've had some terrible teams, but I just happened to do well during the Consolation Bracket weeks, so now it says I was 5th that year.

Good idea to just give the option to turn it off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base