My Yahoo

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I live in Slingerlands NY, yet my current location for weather comes up Herdon Va; and my teams scoreboard rarely works. please FIX

Fix my current location. It should be 12159 NOT Herdon VA.
    MY Teams feature in the scoreboard has not worked for a long time

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about when folks complain about your auto-censor you don't censor the questions?

I've repeatedly posted that your auto-censor is using politically correct censoring to remove posts that fit guidlines. I've posted the auto-censored texts here and ask what was being censored. They comments always disappear.

You really do live by censoring things you don't want to hear, don't you?

170th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 182nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately, it’s hard to help with such questions without some additional information. Please post a comment on here with a more detailed description, including the following:

- The exact issue you’re experiencing in detail.

- A list of the steps you’re taking to replicate the issue.

- The interface you are using to access your account, such as a Web browser on your computer, mobile device, etc.

- The exact text of any error message that you may be receiving, if applicable.

- Any other information that you feel is important in helping us resolve your issue.

Thanks!

4. Please add back a "Valentine" theme. I do not care for the themes choices Yahoo! has now - they don't make sense!!!!

Please add back a "Valentine" theme. I do not care for the themes choices Yahoo! has now - they don't make sense!!!!

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Theme and background color  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add new feeds to the bottom of the page - open links in new tab

Hi devs, great job so far on the My Yahoo page. I think this will be something I use, but only if you can implement a few changes. I'd like the option to...

1. add new content feeds to the bottom of the page
    otherwise I'm reorganize My Yahoo every time I add new content
    2. open links in a new tab
    My Yahoo can be home base, but not until this happens
    3. add new feeds to other tabs, not just the left-most tab
    4. provide a link directly to the rss feed source. if I want the same…

232nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. get rid of ads for gambling sites.

I accept we need ads, but am (personally) offended by ads for gambling sites. could we possibly opt out or also post links to gamblers aware

257th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need a MyYahoo! button on my Yahoo! Mail page

Need a MyYahoo! button on my Yahoo! Mail page

257th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 295th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 377th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 405th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My yahoo

I have, and on my full fledged computers still, use My Yahoo as my start page. Most sources of info I’m interested in, are available or at least selectable. I cannot seem to duplicate those sources on your iOS News App. While choosing my own sources may leave me subject to reinforcing my existing biases, I trust the breadth of my sources will guard against that tendency. It may even satisfy the concerns who seem to believe Yahoo! to be controlled by an evil communist/Zionist/fascist/Corporate cabal

608th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 257th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Local News on homepage duplicates in column and changes my choice of location.

If I enter the zip for Augusta, GA for my local news, it comes up and duplicates itself in the column, giving me 2 sections of Augusta local news. If I close one, the whole section minimizes and, no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the repeat section.

146th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. certain people know they can get legitimate comments deleted by loading up on the thumbs down

Change the system for deleting comments. Certain people have figured out that they can get legitimate comments deleted merely with enough thumbs down.

405th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This new mobile version of yahoo sucks. It no longer works with touch screens at all. I could'nt even post feed back from it.

You can't even click on the reply button anymore. You have to wait for part of the browser screen to go away and click on the popup window and hope it works. Usually it doesnt and you have to keep trying it. You also cant click on the emails anymore. You can only click on a tiny bit of the left side of them and hope it doesnt just "check" the email. If you are keeping it like this, im going to gmail.

608th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 608th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. keep Yahoo Scoreboard permanently on My Teams

Yahoo Scoreboard permanently on My Teams

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My scoreboard is now defaulting to "Trending" instead of "My Teams". I have to switch back to "My Teams" every display. Please fix.

When my Yahoo page is displayed the Scoreboard is now defaulting to "Trending" instead of the usual "My Teams". I can manually change it back to "My Teams" but must do it every time the page is displayed. Please fix this.

50th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. STOP requiring facebook to comment.

Again I have been told to log into the hated Facebook to be allowed to comment on a Yahoo news, sports, tech, or education page.

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS

Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS if I cant open anything on my homepage!

44th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base