How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

My portfolio display isn't like it use to be and I'm UNABLE to edit the view.

I would like to be able edit my view of portfolio. I had my the view setup to my liking, but something has changed.

17th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

portfolio views not working properly. can't edit view and dividend info is missing

Hello Yahoo, having the same issue. When I Create New View in My Portfolio it is possible to edit in for the first time only (during the creation of new view). When i try to Edit View it is not possible to scroll down and see any button. Also the custom View is lost and not visible still. When I make another New View then the View created previously is visible for some time and lost again when the browser or tab is closed. Thank you

This is a fantastic tool you provide. However it stopped working approximately 3 months ago. I can no longer access my portfolios. the page will not propagate. Is this your problem or mine?

Please fix asap if you can.

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My issue is with still with the formatting since you started putiting ads on top of the portfolio page. My printout is usually 2 pages. . The change to the formatting happened the very day you started adding those ads so that is clearly the problem..

I have to use another browser for the best result for a print out but even then I still lose about 1/3 of the top of the page because of these ads- even if you make the top margin setting zero. What is even worse if you want to use the background lines which make reading it easier to read, the actual ad will shows up on my print out taking up more room and unnecessary.

I would pay for this service if you fixed it back to hat i was and I see many people have been having other issues in the last few weeks.

I am a fan of Yahoo/Finance; however, a recent change is annoying. In my Recently Viewed list of tickers, I used to be able to adjust the order of the tickers by clicking on the ticker's section and then dragging it to where I wanted to put it in the list; for some reason that ability seems to have been disabled. Hopefully, Yahoo/Finance will return this ability. [Also, at the same the above-described ability was removed, I noticed that I was also unable to delete a ticker from the list, but I created a Yahoo.com acct, and I see that, now that I have an account, I am again able to delete tickers. Perhaps that's Yahoo's intent, but it would have been nice to allow me to delete AND/OR move the placement of tickers in my Recently Viewed list without forcing me to establish a Yahoo acct. I very often visited the Yahoo/Finance website, prior to my having an actual Yahoo acct.]

I have similar issues with my portfolios. I can see the totals of each portfolios but when I click to see the detail in each portfolio it comes back with an error stating that "Portfolios are not available". It has happened several times. Every now and then it lets me in and I think it is fixed but soon after I start getting the same error message.

Hi there,I have a similar problem. I'm using several portfolios on finance.yahoo.com (e.g. https://finance.yahoo.com/portfolio/pf_24/view/v3) with customized views . since January the following problems occur:
    - the portfolio is not displayed when clicking the respective bookmark.
    - if I then click on a view (e.g. performance) the portfolio does appear, however the "notes" column (the last column in this view) is not displayed.

Greetings. It seems the previous portfolio VIEW function is indeed no longer available: some of us may have customized the portfolio VIEW and saved it under personal settings. Any previously saved VIEW is currently not accessible; i.e. users can only create a new portfolio VIEW.

It would be great if the previous VIEWs could be re-activated.

Thank you all, by the way, for the many improvements that have been rolled-out on Yahoo Finance over the past year. It's a great product! Congrats.

Yahoo support:
    When I try to edit view screen goes blank.
    This is info at top of my display: SCREENER_ FIELD regularMarketPrice&Time Change Shares Cost Basis Market Value Day Change
    Day Range VOLUME Avg Vol (3M) SCREENER_FIELD_lifetimeGAIN&Percent^FORWARD annual
    This is what displays:
    - +0.53 - 7.7461 10,625.31 +877.77 23.479M 14.598M -

My display use to display : regularMarketPrice&Time, Change, Shares, Cost Basis, Market Value, Day Change, Day Range, , Volume, Avg Vol, LifetimeGAIN&Percent^FORWARDannual

Feedback and Knowledge Base