Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 110th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We will need to see a screenshot of your Portfolio to further assist. Please click ‘Contact Us’ on our help site here: help.yahoo.com/kb/finance-for-web to submit your information.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Regards,
    Yahoo Finance

2. The total % of the five portfolios I have is always wrong

My Portfolios
    Link BrokerCreate PortfolioPrintImport
    $123,406.43
    Day Gain
    +472.93 (+0.73%)
    Total Gain
    -6,199.40 (-8.65%)
    Portfolio Name
    Symbols
    Market Value
    Day Chg
    Day Chg %
    Total Chg
    Total Chg %
    CB IRA
    $12,564.38
    +104.64
    +0.96%
    -13.18%
    Principal Rollover
    $52,673.19
    +177.76
    +0.70%
    +139.64
    +0.55%
    IRA 2000
    $34,963.28
    +93.63
    +0.58%
    -12.77%
    GV
    $23,174.72
    +96.68
    +0.77%
    -15.51%
    My Watchlist
    $32.73
    +0.22
    +0.68%
    +3.03
    +10.21%

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Portfolio name column is too long.

Shorten portfolio name column so more columns will fit screen.

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OK to trust your "Day's Range"?

"Day's Range", today 0610 you show PINS hi as 27.74, but per your own chart & other online resources today's hi was 28.95 -- ok to trust your "Day's Range"?

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Where are the date of 02/05/2019 and 03/05/2019?

Where are the date of 02/05/2019 and 03/05/2019?

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yahoo Finance

Today at 12.00 noon on 10 June I can only get access to prices at the close of business on 7 June. This sort of unreliability is unacceptable.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. price animation effect (rolling digits)

I dislike this new rolling digits price animations in the mobile app. They are distracting too much. Why is it there? Why can't it be configurable? I am trading, not refueling my car....

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shares outstanding needs to include all classes of shares

According to the Y! finance footnotes, the shares outstanding is sourced from the latest Q. However, I have noticed that, particularly with small-cap stocks, the shares outstanding is only one class of shares. The share count for RELL, as one example, does not include any of the Class A shares despite being on the cover of the Q/Ks. Not sure if there is a problem with your data provider or a glitch in your website but if someone could look into this recurring error that would be great.

251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop carrying lawsuit notices from ambulance chasing law firms in portfolio news

Notices from law firms seeking initial plaintiffs or announcing a lawsuit, against a portfolio stock, are not news.

They are tout articles from law firms.

And they are jamming Portfolion News with garbage unrelated to company operations.

Please exclude them from the portfolio news feed and force them into advertising where they belong, and make them pay for the inconvenience they create.

Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C, KAHN SWICK & FOTI, LLC, Gainey McKenna & Egleston, Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP, Pomerantz Law Firm all contribute to pages of worthless content.

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Forums suck

Posts a deleted for no reasons, cant have simple conversations on a forum, yahoo *********************

251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Linking tickers in ETF "holdings" to their stock

Hey guys,

When reviewing the holdings of an ETF you can usually see a list of stocks and their corresponding tickers.
    I think that making these tickers clickable can be super beneficial and will make the app's usage much slicker.

Thanks.

Lior

251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tooltip for new investors

Hey guys,

I'm a product manager in a tech company and an investor in the market for some time now.

I would like to suggest the following:

Add tooltip to each financial number within the system, explaining to novices what it means.
    Example:
    P/E Ratio will have a tooltip such as: the ratio of a company's share price to the company's earnings per share.

You can also include a "learn more" link within the tooltip.

I think that many novice investors will benefit a lot from this very easy to implement feature.

251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WHERE are my watchlists? I WILL SOON be DONE with Yahoo FOREVER!!

What happened to my watchlists, which took a long time to construct?
    IF they do NOT return immediately, I WILL BE DONE WITH YAHOO FOREVER!!!

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wipe out 4 columns at 9:29 EDT

Because of the stocks that are posted with a 15 min delay, confusions would be avoided if "change", "change %","volume", and "day chart" was wiped out just before the market opens so that between 9:30 and 9:45 we would know that it's not YESTERDAY'S quote.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. filter description

Including description for every filter. What it means each one.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 52-week High and Low reversed

The 52-week High and Low numbers are reversed in my portfolio. The larger number is in the column titled Low. Can you please fix that?

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Italy and France historical data export shows yesterday (2019-05-29) values. Why?

Italy and France historical data export shows yesterday (2019-05-29) values. Why?

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. portfolio not loading even after trying your fix

Even after trying your fix I still get the list of stocks but nothing else but a message to try and reload the page. Wish there was a way to fix this, guess I will have to find another place for stock quotes.

401st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base