Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Finance front page shows stale news

When I enter My Yahoo my front page shows portfolios and news from various content providers (3 headlines each). Bloomberg, MarketwWatch, etc. Yahoo Finance news section shows months old headlines. The only way for me to see fresh content from Yahoo Finance news is to click on Read More link.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This new site stinks! I've just transferred my stock accounts from AOL to Yahoo, and your system is lousy! First, the transfer destroyed all

You people are really jerks! It took me 10 minutes to find a way to complain about the transfer of finances you're requiring from AOL to Yahoo. Your financial system stinks! I buy my stocks through DRIPs. I have no wish to deal with a crooked broker, who charges unnecessary fees. Further, when I transferred my AOL stock accounts to Yahoo, all the past info on purchasing a small amount of stocks each moth (via DRIPs) seems to have been lost.

If you're going to force AOL folks to use your Yahoo system, at least make that system as efficient…

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display the current (today's) date on the main page

It would be nice if the current date (today's date), i.e., 'Wednesday, December 5, 2018' was shown on the top of the main page of Yahoo Finance. All that's shown is how many hours left in the trading day or how many until the market opens. I just this this would be helpful to people and myself as a reference point. Also, I think the date used to be displayed years ago, and I'm not sure why it was ever removed. Thanks for your consideration.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speed up the web page

I'm a long time fan who has started seeking quotes elsewhere because for some reason the Yahoo Finance page has become very slow. I really like the functionality and hope this can be fixed.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Funds from operations for REITs

That's the key metric to evaluate/compare REITs. Would be very welcome

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crypto section - add a weekly graph of prices on the homepage

https://finance.yahoo.com/cryptocurrencies please add a weekly graph for the crypto prices (ie a 7 day chart). Crypto price changes so much day to day that the 1 day chart is useless in my opinion.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. drawing tools in stock market stock charts

Hello good day.

1) First of all congratulate you for the progress and incorporation of new tools in drawing mode for stock market securities stock charts. As well as the importance of, at least, 4 decimals in the price of each share.

2) IMG:

https://ibb.co/qR2yRqd

Could you visit the drawing mode tools of graphs that you provide on the Investing website? There are some tools that are very important to define a drawing. Some are in Investing but they are not yet in "yahoo finances"

3) Could you extend the origin of the historical date in historical mode? Some ations…

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stock Watchlist: add a color slot for each stock position

My Portfolio ->My Watchlist
    Can you make it so I can segregate stocks by colors in the watchlists?
    I want to make the china stocks green, the gold mining stocks yellow, etc, you get the idea.
    So maybe have like a color button for each stock position in the watchlist, and you can select them and change the background color.
    Can we have this for christmas?

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn off the annoying flag. "See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker." Its utterly useless!!!

"See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker."

Turn off the annoying flag. Its utterly useless!!!

Every brokerage account has a trading platform. Why would anyone in their right mind use yahoo finance to buy and sell?

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. duplicate

Portfolios are great to tinker and compare small changes, it'd be nice if we could DUPLICATE a portfolio to automatically generate a mirrored portfolio with new changes we can add to the update

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VIEW MULTIPLE CHARTS AT ONCE

Bring Back the multiple chart feature where you can view multiple stocks at once, e.g., 5 day, 1month, 1 yr. with the technical indicators etc. Typing one stock at a time is a HUGE WASTE of time. You went from a computer to counting on fingers. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!! We are back in the dark ages.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Conversations" for individual stocks should be listed chronologically as submitted.

Under "Conversations" for individual stocks, I would suggest changing the "default" order from "Top Reactions" to "NEWEST reactions." I do believe most readers would appreciate Chronological Order.

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please either fix or get rid of the "Trade Column you added to 'My Portfolio' Now, copy &paste of the stock results is a messa mess

You added a 'Trade Column" to the My Portfolio' stock results that is copied when one tries to copy daily stock results in a Portfolio. This prevents simply copying and pasting results into my excel spreadsheets and makes you site largely unusable for following stock prices. Try it and you will see. Please fix or deleted the addition columen ('Trade) from the default portfolio lists.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ticker Search Field

Recently, whenever I first type in a symbol into the ticker search field and hit "enter", it seems to always pull up the wrong company. I need to again type the symbol slowly to make sure the site finds the symbol before I hit enter. It seems the site is too slow to "lookup" the symbol in the suggested tickers that show below the search field, so even though I type the full, correct symbol that I want to view, the "suggested search" options that show haven't caught up to my typing. It's just a big annoyance that is somewhat…

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out about this inquiry. We would like to gather some additional details so we can further investigate. In your next post, please provide the browser, device, and URL where this happens.

We appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Lyndsay

16. where are the news events that were particular to just my my portfolio ??? you have totally ruined my portfolio page

I used to go to my own personal portfolio page and get news events that were just for my stocks. WHERE IS THAT ???? or have you just decided to eliminate what was absolutely helpful .. Now im stuck with a lot of bs videos and news I DO NOT WANT .. GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED !

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. buy and sell position tracking for gains and losses and cash position linking to those positions would make this the go-to finance page.

buy and sell position tracking for gains and losses and cash position linking to those positions would make this the go-to finance page. Google finance was the competition but their good portfolio tracker is no more so here is Yahoo's chance to excel. Let's be the answer for the investing public.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Support for GRC-USD, Because GRC Is Popular and Supports Many Petaflops of Science Compute

Add support for GRC-USD . That is the GridCoin crypto (https://www.gridcoin.us) in US $. Yahoo Finance should add support for GRC because it is a relatively popular coin that backs some six or seven petaflops of computer capacity (and also, significant “disk” storage space) provided to open science projects from BOINC ( https://boinc.berkeley.edu/ ).

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cryptocurrency Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base