Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reinstate the stock quote API using unique keys

As you can imagine by the overwhelming response to is depreciation, the stock quote download API was very popular.

Yahoo admin has stated the reason for shutting down the API as:
    "we and our data providing partners have found that commercial entities are accessing this data at high rates and scale".

Yahoo further goes on to state:
    "We have made multiple unsuccessful attempts to prevent misuse of this service in order to avoid shutting it down completely. However we were unable to stop the misuse."

In order to combat such things your competitors use a unique API key, whereby each…

50th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Google Finance Portfolio import / import ofx format

Google Finance is discontinuing their portfolio tracking features as of November 2017. Yahoo Finance has a unique opportunity to gain all these Google Finance users if the Yahoo Finance team is able to add the ability to import Google Finance user data from the OFX format that Google Finance provides exports in.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  24 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. my holdings not adding up shares owned

Under My Holdings, it doesn't add up the total shares owned, only lists the first lot. Also doesn't calculate cost basis across all lots, only the first. Market value, day and total gain appear to be correct. Overall portfolio values is correct.

131st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Temporary network error when trying to post on Finance Conversation boards

Bugs////Temporary network error try again later Have tried all of the fixes on this board with no results.Is Yahoo finance a no comment board for me???

89th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the Yahoo quote API

Look, if people were abusing the service, a simple solution would be use API keys (the keys could expire, be revoked, or reissued to curb abuse) tied to a single user account. When Yahoo offered a low-priced paid service for real-time quotes, I purchased it; I would purchase it again if it were low-priced and allowed me to import into Excel or another program. I'm sure most other regular users would be willing to purchase the service as well. I'd even pay a low-priced, monthly fee for historic quotes from Yahoo, and so would a lot of other people. Your…

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Now I can't add or delete stocks from my portfolios!!!

Why won't you listen to the throngs of users begging for the classic version of Yahoo Finance? Is your team daft, stubborn or have delusions of cleverness? Are the users incapable of making an appropriate choice? Isn't the verge of Yahoo! irrelevance motivation enough to cater to the desires of long-term users? How about an answer to my e-mail address as a good will indication that you have some semblance of regard for long time users of your products and features?

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Holdings view not showing average shares or cost basis

In the new Holdings view, the main entry for each equity does not show the total number of shares and average cost basis -- instead it shows the figures for the most recent lot purchased. Please fix!

312th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am very upset. I just moved my portfolio from Google to Yahoo and a mutual fund that I own for some reason isn't showing up under Yahoo

I am upset. I just moved my portfolio from google to yahoo and a mutual fund that I own: American Century Investments Vista Fund Investor Class(MUTF:TWCVX) does not show up under Yahoo Finance. The ticker is TWCVX. This makes no sense since it's a mutual fund and if you go to Google Finance and type in TWCVX it shows up properly. Can you please fix this? I'd like to add this holding to my Yahoo portfolio but I can't because it's doesn't show up. Thank you.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  371 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 359th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. keep up on the dividend pay out dates please

keep up on the dividend pay out dates please

437th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. error in yield on 10-year Treasury (^tnx) on summary page.

Today (11/13/17), Yahoo says the yield on the 10-year Treasury is 2.39%, down 0.1 or 0.29%. The math works ONLY if the yield is, in fact, 2.393%, which is what your charts say.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. historical price issues

Why are there so many stocks where the historical data looks like this?

PKG:
    Date Open High Low Close* Adj Close** Volume
    Nov 13, 2017 110.19 112.73 109.67 112.36 112.36 1,052,900
    Nov 10, 2017 109.41 110.62 109.29 110.27 110.27 913,600
    Nov 09, 2017 110.61 111.10 108.49 109.23 109.23 1,183,200
    Nov 08, 2017 111.00 111.58 110.53 111.41 111.41 883,400
    Nov 07, 2017 110.78 111.95 109.86 111.35 111.35 783,600
    Nov 06, 2017 115.70 115.71 110.63 110.96 110.96 1,735,700
    Nov 03, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Nov 02, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Nov 01, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00…

437th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export of "Trade Date" from Portfolio is NOT Excel Compatible for DATE Format

The format of "Trade Date" when exported is "YYYYMMDD"

when put into an Excel cell and a DATE value is selected,
    there are NO matching formats for a value formatted as "YYYYMMDD"

As a result, "########" appears in the cell(s).

My main portfolio is very large
    and manual changing of format would not have been "pretty"

I wasted about an hour (using WORD)
    to put the exported values into an Excel format.

Obviously,
    I would greatly appreciate it if the exported format
    would be changed to an Excel format
    for my next export effort.

Why not use a format something…

546th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. historical price issue

UVE problems:

Nov 07, 2017 23.40 24.00 23.25 23.40 23.40 220,800
    Nov 06, 2017 23.30 23.50 23.10 23.30 23.30 207,600
    Nov 03, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Nov 02, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Nov 01, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 31, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 30, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 27, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 26, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 25, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    Oct 24, 2017 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00…

546th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wrong fund name

Hi, I work for the Liberty All-Star Equity Fund and the fund's name listed on Yahoo Finance is wrong. Yahoo is calling us Columbia Funds Trust XII. We have no affiliation. I've contacted Capital IQ and EDGAR. Capital IQ made the change but said Yahoo doesn't pull from them for our fund and Edgar said their data was correct and I needed to contact Yahoo. Could you please let me know how I can change this Fund name error? Thank you.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Re-institute annualized return on portfolio entries

Annualized return on portfolio entries. Its been asked to be put back dozens of times since you changed formats, and I recall it being ranked very high indeed. But nothing.

Its the single biggest reason for tracking my portfolios in Yahoo.

359th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cannot delete portfolio > The delete portfolio does not appear for a portfolio when I bring it up???

I bring up a portfolio (renamed it Delete) and for some reason under settings - Delete portfolio no longer appears. I renamed it again and the Delete Portfolio STILL does not appear. Howvere it does appar for other portfolios???? How do I fix this.

Thank You

274th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out.

It appears that an advertisement is “covering” the option to “Delete Portfolio.” I’ve reached out to our Engineering Team to get this resolved. In the meantime, you can click the “x” next to the ad to remove it from your screen and you’ll then see the option to “Delete Portfolio.”

Thank you!
    Finance Support

19. Several tips - things that don't function properly

1. Make the value of my holdings two decimal places in the portfolio view. If I have fractional shares, the total value should be $4,567.89, not $4,567.8901. They stocks don't line up properly in portfolio view.
    2. What happened to my trade/transaction date? That does not show anymore in portfolio view. I see it is there and the column is checked, but it doesn't show any more.
    3. Let me go to MY defaul view, not your Summary View. And get rid of that freaking 4-step box every time I go to the view.
    4. I can't reorder my stocks…

546th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat portfolio overview

Add a chat overview page where all portfolio stocks are visible as small charts at one glance. Allow for choosing the time spam (today, 5 days, etc) to display. It should be a tile layout. So one can easily see and compare the individual stock performances.

717th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base