Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ASX 200 stocks - incorrect data entries with 0s

Hello, many ASX 200 stocks have some zero entries. for date, open, high, low, close, volume. Random dates.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Any plans to offer individual (non-commercial) users the API historical quote data that was formerly available? I'd pay for a subscription

Any plans to offer individual (non-commercial) users the API historical quote data that was formerly available? I'd pay for a subscription if charges were a few $/month. Particularly need ability to easily retrieve historical quote info into Excel spreadsheets as you used to provide.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Trade Date Display

1. Make trade date display. 2. Stop trade date changes when adding a symbol

Trade Date does not display despite 'checking the box.' 2. After entering Trade Date, the date changes when clicking on another field.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incorrect Calculation of Portfolio Value

for my portfolio, number of shares x cost basis does not come up to proper total, making my Performance page incorrect. 2000 shares x $20 should be $50,000. it is posted at $42,775.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. tellurian share count

yahoo finance/capital IQ isn't showing the updated share count for the capital raise on December 7/2017 of 10 mm shares
    new share count should be Shares Outstanding 224.04M

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not picking up all Press Releases on Wire Service

Hi - I see that some but not all of my Companies Press Releases are being picked up by Yahoo Finance. Specifically this morning the following were released:
    http://ir.iovance.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254507&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2322489
    AND
    http://ir.iovance.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254507&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2322493

As of now only the first release is visible on Yahoo Finance. Both were released at the same time.
    If you could get both Press Releases visible on Yahoo finance that would be great.
    Do please let me know if there is anything specific that we can do to help ensure that all releases are posted.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. dividends - there is no data showing.

There is a dividend/share column and a dividend date. That data should be readily available from the SEC press releases/filings. But youre not showing it. Just dashes. Fill in the data - simple enough I'd think by pulling the data from the SEC filings info. Or get rid of the Dividends related columns in the views.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop promoting class action lawyer on iPhone Stocks platform

On iPhone Stocks platform which is Yahoo feeds, under PYPL Paypal stock info has class action lawyers news-ads- 3 out of 4 lines. Those lines are used for company related info for all the others. I understand there are a lot of lawyers looking for clients who lost $100K or more in this stock, but keeping their announcement is annoying.Best Regards

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. iusg?

Why don't you list financial data for iShares Core S&P US Growth ETF (IUSG) in Yahoo Finance?? This is one of several ETFs or funds where N/A is all the data given. Very frustrating you can't give basic data. It's not as if it's not available or that Blackrock is a dinky fund provider.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen goes blank after about 10 seconds

After about 10 seconds the screen refreshes to this URL:

which points to a blank page. The only way out is to use the red X at the upper right corner.

This may have been left in during testing.....

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filters on the Stock Screener do not work properly!

If I want to edit an existing or creating my own screener I face the following issues:

Screener Settings:
    Percent change greater than 3
    Region US
    Market Cap (Intraday) is Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Mega Cap
    Volume (Intraday) greater than 1500

1) When I select/add Small Cap for the Market Cap (Intraday). I'll get all these stocks with 0 change, 0 percent change, and 0 volume (useless data) even though my settings should show stocks greater than 3 percent, and volume greater than 1500. Then I realized that most of these stocks are OTC, which brings me to…

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WPP

WPP, PLC is now traded on the NYSE under ticker symbol "WPP". Until recently, it was traded on the NASDAQ under "WPPGY" since it is an ADR. When I search Yahoo for the current price of WPP, it pulls the most recent price from the old ticker (last updated November 27) rather than from the new ticker on the NYSE. The stock has appreciated approximately 5% during that time, so the value is quite out of date.

Can this get fixed soon please?

Thanks from a loyal user,

Jonathan

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange) Chart Incorrect

To whom this may concern:

I have been looking into Chinese Stock Indices: 000001.SS (SSEC) and 399106.SZ (SZCOMP) and have noticed that for some reason data 1 data point for every week is missing (the stock markets are open 5 days a week and there are only 4 days listed every week) in the new Chart mode. Please fix.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Making a new comment about variable ETF closing values

I track a number of ETFs based around the sectors of the S&P 500. I have noted that the 4 p.m. closing value is often not the real closing value that is operable in the next day's closing. This is what I am talking about. I downloaded closing values of this group of tickers at about 9 p.m. ET on 12.8

XLY
    XLP
    XLE
    XLF
    XLV
    XLI
    IYZ
    XLB
    XLK
    XLU
    XLRE
    SPY
    SPYG
    SPYV

These are the values obtained on Friday night They are in the order I keep them.

$97.25
    $56.59
    $69.28
    $28.01
    $83.01
    $74.69
    $28.95
    $59.43
    $63.60 …

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tech link is directed to the finance page.

Every other link works except "tech". The tech link takes you to the yahoo finance page.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Portfolio Columns Do Not Sort Properly

When attempting to sort the Market Value Column of the My Holdings tab in my Portfolio, they do not sort proper from high to low.

Neither does the Total Gained column sort. It ought to sort by percentage.

237th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No data.

No data. Tangerine Balanced Portfolio (F000000S68.TO)

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CSLT: Incorrect market cap metric

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CSLT/key-statistics?p=CSLT

The market cap is too high for CSLT. Total shares outstanding, based on the Company's most recent 10-Q filing, is 133.7mm shares (53mm Class A and 80.7mm Class B). At today's closing price of 3.70, the implied market cap based on these metrics is about $495mm. Your feed shows about $696mm. Please review and correct.

Best,

Gary J. Fuges, CFA
    Head of Investor Relations
    Castlight Health (NYSE: CSLT)

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Incorrect change listed on the crude oil quote.

YAHOO says the January contract for Crude Oil is at $56.20, down $2.16. Your data feed is wrong. The Tuesday settlement for the contract was $57.62. You can see it here.

723rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incorrect change data for several indexes on 12.6.17. CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED?

The biggest issue is the Russell 2000 index. The summary page for the ^RUT says the prior day's close was 1532.41, with today's change 22.13 points. But your historical prices page says the Tuesday close was 1516.76. The change is about 7 points. In point of fact, 1532.41 was the MONDAY close. This is continuing problem that REQUIRES ATTENTION. And the fact I have to stop what I am doing with your data to figure out if it is correct is time-consuming.

Here is the Russell historical price page URL
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5ERUT/history?p=%5ERUT

307th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Charles,

Wow, thanks for the detailed information on this. The issue regarding the incorrect closing figures on the summary page has been raised to the appropriate teams.

For the other inquiry regarding closing data for ETF’s can you please make a separate post. Thank you!

Regards,
    -Finance Support

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base