Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect downloaded quotes

I have noticed that for the past few weeks, downloaded quotes are incorrect for numerous tickers. Just look at the date of the quote and I see many that are for June 19 or 26, 2019, even though we are April 7, 2020. The quotes displayed on the web pages are correct though

687th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My portfolio, for the most part, does not distinguish between the stock option and the underlying stock

Just wanted to mention that my portfolios are showing erroneous values for the "last" price of my stock options again. This happens repeatedly during the day. It was fine earlier, but in error first thing as the markets opened. I'm using Microsoft Edge.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My portfolio, for the most part, does not distinguish between the stock option and the underlying stock

Portfolios look great at this time using "Microsoft Edge." This is a reply to my subject, which I reported earlier.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My portfolio, for the most part, does not distinguish between the stock option and the underlying stock

In my portfolios is stock data and stock options data. The software appears incapable most of the time of distinguishing between the stock option and the underlying stock. The cost column in each case is correct, but the last price column has the same value for the option as the underlying stock. I have previously sent a "screenshot" of that page.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compare all items in a watchlist

I love Yahoo Finance. IMO it really is the best iOS Finance app by far.

The 1 big thing I wish it had: the ability to chart/compare an entire watchlist with one push. Currently I’m constantly recreating the same charts with all the stocks in a specific watchlist, adding them one by one.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Debt/Equity ratio for Air Canada

The Debt/Equity Ratio for Air Canada is reported as 210.04 which seems incorrect as per their balance sheet. As per financial statements, the ratio is around 2.10 times. Please check

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preserve the most recent Portfolio SORT setting

I've got a lot of large portfolios defined and like to sort them and then systematically analyze each stock in the list from top to bottom. Because the Web Browser based app does not preserve the most recent SORT setting, I have to resort every time and then scroll down to find the next stock in the list. This is a huge time waster. Preserving the most recent Portfolio SORT setting would solve this problem.

APPLIES TO: Web Browser application
    DOES NOT APPLY TO: iPad application, iPhone application

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolio Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your Export Tool is Total Garbage!!!!!

My God Yahoo Finance!! Your Export Tool is absolutely Total Garage!! Quit replying to everyone to refer to some BS page somewhere and just fix the **** thing already!! Gosh!!

That has to be embarrassing to be masquerading as a Financial site and you can't even have a reliable tool to export pricing information.

If you want us to use your products, you have to give us something that works for crying out loud!!

Please fix it. Don't send us to some page......just FIX THE **** TOOL!! PLEASE!!!

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Correct dividend data

The dividend for Yamana Gold (AUY) for April 2020 is reported by Yahoo Finance as $0.05, but the correct amount is $0.0125

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start videos with audio.

Why silent videos? What is the purpose? Have to turn audio ON every time? Give us an option to set that please. At least start it ON.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filter/remove holdings in brokerage linked portfolio and allow renaming

It would be great if I could filter/remove a specific holding in my brokerage linked portfolio. There are certain holdings (such as core/sweep positions) that do not show correctly, and therefore either break the interface or make aggregates inaccurate.

It would also be great if I could rename a linked portfolio. The auto generated name is not comprehensible, and my brokerage shows two different accounts with the same name.

Thanks!

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stock chart comparison feature no longer works properly

The Chart >> Comparison feature no longer works properly: The Y axis SHOULD represent % change over time, and all items we add SHOULD all start at the same place, at 0%, for whatever time-frame we are looking at, so that we are comparing how far each one moved RELATIVE to each other, but now, they no longer do.

This is one of SEVERAL ongoing bugs now with Yahoo! Finance. This used to be the best finance site, back when it actually worked. Now it's not even worth a visit. Please fix!

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. currency

On first load, au.finance.yahoo.com shows the correct total in AUD at the top of the /portfolios page under "My portfolios" but then displays the USD value after a few seconds when the data on the page updates.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix visual bugs on full sized charts

Full sized charts have a few visual errors, both on Firefox and Chrome with Windows 10.

1) For all graphs, when you add Events (especially the premium ones), the dots on the graph have a hover bubble that show the event text. For events that are longer (such as Products or Corporate Deals) the text goes beyond the width of the bubble, and becomes difficult/impossible to read.

2) The sidebar that shows your portfolios and watchlists works just fine in Stocks (which at the top has a selector for showing Watchlists and Events). When charting ETFs however, (where there are…

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screener : Have the ability to Filter by "Avg Vol (3 month)"

Have the ability to add in screener a Filter on "Avg Vol (3 month)"

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Valuation Rating

Please create a new column for Valuation Rating such as Near Fair Value or Undervalued etc. for all stocks in personal portfolios of the customer.
    Thank you.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ASPF.TA missing data

Despite the stock existing since last July, the graph can only show the last month, and any larger range shows nothing.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ISF.L

ISF.L
    The data shown for ISF.L is inconsistent.

The price of an entire ISF share is in the range of 500-700 gbp, as you can see in the London Stock Exchange website (https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/ETFs/company-summary/IE0005042456IEGBXEUET.html).

Now, you can buy a fraction of the stock (1/100th for example) and then the reported price would be around 5-7gbp.

The problem from Yahoo is that you are reporting the entire price for some period of time and the 1/100 for others which make the data/graphic jump from 500/700 to 5/7 at any time.

Now you can either report the entire stock price as…

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop all Ivanka Trump interviews

She is not an economic or financial expert in any way shape or form. Interviewing her is not useful and fairly insulting.

687th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base