Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reorder

When I reorder my portfolio, the portfolio displayed on My Yahoo page does not show the portfolio reordered. In stead, it simply adds new investments to the top of the portfolio in alphabetical order. Why isn't the portfolio on My Yahoo page reordered?

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LSTR

Historical data page for this stock is messed up. I see data only for this week and mixed with dividends. Please fix. Thanks.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Try getting a functioning infrastucture - your site is a joke, and not just politically

Hire a decent CIO and get some network guys with a clue. Your site sucks

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. historical price issues

Why are there so many stocks (SCCO being the latest example I've noticed, specifically on 6/29/16) with "null" data?

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SPY low for 8/17 is incorrect

in chart view by day (1m, 3m, 1y, etc) the low value for SPY 8/17 is much lower than the low shown for 8/17 in the 5d view

Thanks

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free use Yahoo Finance Data for App Projects

I would like to publish a smartphone app, which uses the Yahoo! Finance api.
    In Yahoo's api's term of use you can find the sentence:
    "iv) sell, lease, share, transfer, or sublicense the Yahoo! APIs or access or access codes thereto or derive income from the use or provision of the Yahoo! APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without Yahoo!'s prior, express, written permission;"
    What can i do to get a written permission?

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put "Day Chart" available in custom views

In the "Summary" view of a watchlist, there is a miniature "Day Chart" with the shape of the daily stock's price. When we create a custom view, we have many different items available but not the "Day Chart".

Can you add it please ?

918th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

I don't see a way to get from your new charting page to other data about a stock.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Options prices are not available for ^VIX

Options prices are not available for ^VIX

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Options prices are not available for ^VIX

Options prices are not available for ^VIX

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ticker keeps moving to the right side if kept idle for some time

The ticker keeps moving to the right side if kept idle for some time

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GO BACK TO ORIGINAL FINANCE. I CAN'T FIGURE HOW TO ENTER A NEW PORTFOLIO, AND THEN ENTER THE NUMBER OF SHARES, AND BASIS OF SHARES

IT SEEMS LIKE THE BEST NEW IDEA IS SORT OF LIKE THE MOVIE. "BACK TO THE FUTURE". IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME TO FIGURE A WAY TO ENTER NEW DATA, OR CORRECT DATA.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My detailed Portfolio, which has been stored on Yahoo Finance for years and worked fine, now sometimes comes up totally EMPTY!

FIX Yahoo Finance's Portfolio issues or I will switch to Google Finance or MSN Finance, and never look back. That's unfortunate, as Yahoo Finance's Portfolio feature has worked wonderful for me for YEARS. NOW, seemingly with no reason, random, and sporadically... I will click to view my reliable Portfolios, and I get an ERROR MESSAGE that says, "Your list is empty. Add symbols to get the relevant news." PLEASE FIX THIS, YAHOO! IT WORKED FINE!!! WHAT BROKE? PLEASE FIX IT ASAP! Thank you very, very much.
    Sincerely,
    A very loyal Yahoo user, CoramKid.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give Feedback button still not working.

You can click on the Give Feedback button at bottom right of portfolio pages, but nothing happens. Had to go to yahoo.uservoice.com to give feedback about this problem.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HELP........all portfolios have gone

portfolios worked fine all morning until a few minutes ago when all portfolio holdings disappeared but the portfolio itself remained albeit empty

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the inconvenience you’re experiencing. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue with missing Holdings information. So that we can help, please provide us with more details.

Please try to view your Portfolio through a different web browser to determine if you can see your Holdings there. To learn more on this and other browser troubleshooting fixes, check out our Help article:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/completing-browser-troubleshooting-steps-sln2891.html

Thanks!
    Finance Support

16. historical price issue

Why is there only 2 days of info for SYNT today? This company has been around since 1997.

Please fix the bugs!

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Once again the price for ESDI is wrong

Wrong pricing info on ESDI, again. There is a bug in the system....anytime a symbol or place of listing changes, Yahoo does not get the new correct market data feed.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 493rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your post.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble changing Holdings information (# of shares and cost) in your Portfolio. I tested a few examples but wasn’t able to replicate these issues on my end.

Please try some of the fixes we’ve outlined in our Help article to resolve this issue:

help.yahoo.com/kb/completing-browser-troubl..

Thanks!
    Finance Support

19. Now I can't add or delete stocks from my portfolios!!!

Why won't you listen to the throngs of users begging for the classic version of Yahoo Finance? Is your team daft, stubborn or have delusions of cleverness? Are the users incapable of making an appropriate choice? Isn't the verge of Yahoo! irrelevance motivation enough to cater to the desires of long-term users? How about an answer to my e-mail address as a good will indication that you have some semblance of regard for long time users of your products and features?

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option data is horribly outdated for most securities; please improve this ..

Option data is horribly outdated for most securities; please improve this ..

You are now a tech company in 2017 not 1998.

647th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base