Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. close vs adjusted close on IPO's

I wonder why the close price is often different from the adjusted close price often for IPO's say like in the first month. Usually theres not yet been any stocksplit or dividend in those first days, yet these prices are different. Sometimes the adjusted close price is lower than the low of the day, which makes me wonder how adjusted close price works (some sort of forward bias?). My question: which one should I use for IPO's?

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fire the clowns that keep messing around with the portfolios

fire the clowns that keep messing around with the portfolios.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

Yahoo inc.

Address: 701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Phone: +1 (855)-581-4600 (Toll Free Helpline).

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

Yahoo inc.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs, issues, or error message  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

Yahoo inc.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

Yahoo inc.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

Yahoo inc.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1 (855)-581-4600 Toll Free Helpline.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advertisements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Day's Change is incorrect on the day a new position is added

When adding a holding to a portfolio it always screws up the Day's Change of the security and the overall portfolio. For some reason Yahoo will calculate the entire day's move as the day's gain of my holding, which is not correct. This would be a very simple logic change: if the Date Added of a position is 'today', do not calculate Days Change from yesterday's close, instead calculate from my purchase price.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. EURUSD=X 52-week high & low % change is still NOT correct

The 52-week range is correct, the percentage changes are not correct!

Also, I don't see any 52-week percentage changes for any other EURO currency pair, I only see for USD.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bogus and missing data for HTZ January Call Options - Cannot track the Call Options I now own

I just rolled up/out my Call options on HTZ to Jan-19'18 $22.50 and Yahoo has no data for what would be HTZ180119C00022500. Oddly, data are provided for (bogus) HTZ180119C00022000 (and also HTZ180119C00027000 btw) call nestled between valid $20, $25 (and $27.50) calls! I don't know where the data for the bogus calls is coming from, but I would really like to be able to track my 22.50 calls which are real.
    I retrieved the data on 10/18/2017 from https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HTZ/options?p=HTZ&date=1516320000 and this is an excerpt of what I saw that demonstrates the problem:
    HTZ180119C00020000 2017-10-17 1:25PM EDT 20.00 6.78 6.30 6.60…

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incorrect or outdated data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to see the Before/After Hours with Red when down/Green when up. thx!

I would like to see the Before/After Hours with Red when down/Green when up.
    thx!

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve view

In view, add ATR, support and resistance. This will help user to get in or get out of stock position. Make your heading row and ticker column similar to Excel where one can freeze row and column. If one has 40 position, one can not see correctly data .

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve performance in Safari 11.0 CPU pegged at 100%.

Running mac activity monitor app, Safari 11.0.
    looking at process https://finance.yahoo.com/portfolio/...
    CPU usage is frequently pegged at 100% with color wheel spinning...
    The old version did not do this. nor does other portfolio sites. please check and optimize your code before release. This is no longer usable.
    Thanks

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 532nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature difficult to use or find  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ticker symbol on yahoo chart with line

I like to track around 10 funds at a time on the finance chart. With that many funds, it's often very difficult to tell which line is which fund. Is there a way you can start tagging the ticker to the line - maybe where the % change box is, along with the % change? In instances where there are overlapping boxes, maybe have balloons that come off the lines, so you get all of the info, rather than some of it.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature request or idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. chart

My candlestick charts are no longer working. Just says loading interactive chart and doesn't display the chart.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Yahoo stock app inaccurate

The app charts reflect innacurate prices. Example, 10/6/17 IPO SWCH, 2Y to 3mo tabs report a top share price of $20.84, 1mo $22.60, and 1wk $23.96. The top share price, shortly after market open, was $24.90, reflected under the 52wk high on your first screen. I notice price inaccuracy with many stocks in the chart.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. data for dax 30 still missing

when you enter full screen chart in any instrument which trading hours are outside of wall street's (9:30 am - 4:00 pm eastern time) - the data is missing. it refers not only to ^GDAXI but also to other european indexes, currencies like for instance EURUSD=X and other instruments. i posted similar remark on september 27th and it was revied on october 4th.

700th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base