Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to inform changes.

We recently launched a new version of Yahoo Finance for desktop so let us know what you think!

To post a new idea, type your idea into the search bar below and select “Post a new idea.” To review and vote on existing ideas, type your idea into the search bar or look below to filter ideas by trending (Hot), recent (New), and most votes (Top).

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new yahoo finance really suck

The interactive chart is not in proportion size as the old yahoo chat format. Can't see the date below, chat and line is too small to view. Should have all the relevant company profile, income statement, balance sheet, financial holders besides not at bottom of the chart.

Also, when adding indicator, I cannot scroll down to see the last option of this Stockastic K to change the color or line unless I delete or cancel the RSI, MOV average, Simple Moving average. It is not user friendly to navigate.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  364 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put competitor information back in!

Put competitor information back in! Every time I visit this site it becomes less useful. I used Yahoo Finance exclusively for years and recommended it to fellow investors, because of features unique to your site. One by one you eliminate features and are focused more on advertising as evidenced by your log-in screen which is one big add. Now I use other sites more and may stop using Yahoo Finance entirely. You are making yourselves obsolete.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  127 comments  ·  Financial News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop changing things for the sake of change!

Just stop. You're making the Yahoo Finance experience difficult and frustrating because every time there's a change it is done incorrectly and unintended results occur. Example: Now every time I view a portfolio, Yahoo Finance creates a new portfolio for me call "My Watchlist". After a wile, I'll have as many as 10 My Watchlists that contain nothing. Then I have to go in and delete them. Kinda a pain to have to keep doing.....

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  322 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow people to revert back to the old yahoo finance

The new Finance is an unmitigated disaster.
    It has less data and less functionality in order to be "sleek" and more like an APPLE product.

But this isn't social media.

This is FINANCE.

None of your users want "sleek"ness over functionality.
    I go to a top 25 MBA program, and everyone has switched to Google finance. Congratulations.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  107 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please bring back the old views

I really don't want to make this too complicated. The old Yahoo layout was much clearer, the finance stats, the charts, the message boards, the currency exchange rates, the news was related to the company with no adds. The new site is even slow with adds and videos, and as a day trader you don't have time for this. Where are the seeking alpha articles? What happened to the percentage movers page the first 15 minutes of the trading day-- that is now not even showing? Just a complete and total ***** up from Yahoo -- and I have actually…

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reintroduce the old Yahoo Finance API

Restore the old Yahoo Finance API.

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  177 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There are so many problems with the new site, it might just be easier to go

There are so many problems with the new site, it might just be easier to go go back to the previous site. I am just amazed how bad it is. I wrote software for 35 years (managed development for the last 20 years of that or so), and I still don't understand what problem you were trying to fix. It's a really bad thing to change just for change sake. Aside for spending the money, it requires all your users to change. There has to be some thought to how users actually use your sight. You can't just throw untrained…

8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

We are going to leave your feedback open until we can address some additional issues mentioned, but the time ranges on the charts have been addressed. The time periods on both charts include the extended ranges of 2yr, 5yr, 10yr and Max.

Thank you!
    Finance Support

9. Bring back the old views!

Bring back the old views

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

Bring back the old "performance view". The latest view deleted much useful info!

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Watchlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

I want my old portfolio back (classic). At least it shows me my "MinValue" so I know when to sell.

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Go back to the old non-****** format

New format is rubbish and useless

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back the old views! And quit changing them!

Bring back the old views! And quit changing them!

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You used to have the best Finance page on the web. You destroyed it.

Why would you ruin it? You used to have extended market quotes, their gone now. You used to have more than 2 news articles - why in the world would you only have 2? The page now opens with a video playing instead of having to press play - who does that?

Their are numerous other losses.

Whoever designed the new page should be fired. They've clearly never owned a stock, read news, kept track of the markets, or actually used a web page for finances.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

bring back ETF/N expense ratios and fund data (its there for mutual funds) super important to investors! ;-0

13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  31 comments  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How do we follow our favorite discussions in the new "message boards"?

How do I follow my favorite discussions? There are no links associated to threads at all. I usually like to bookmark my favorite discussions but cannot in this new format. There aren't even any page numbers anymore, only a "view more" tab on the bottom which makes it more difficult to find your favorite discussions.

In conjunction with this new format making it more difficult to tell two users apart if they have the same name (multiple Davids for example), I have to wonder why this change was necessary. This seems like a case of reinventing the wheel especially when…

16th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Where is the div and yield info? CHI CHW

Where is the div and yield info? i.e. CHI CHW

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Accuracy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop adding the "My Watchlist" portfolio to my portfolios.

Stop adding the "My Watchlist" portfolio to my portfolios. I don't want it and I'm getting tired of deleting the **** thing!

20th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. News items need a date .....not 16 days ago

Put the company web sites back

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Nordic Growth Market (NGM and NDX) exchange

NGM market data is available through Interactive Data, the supplier of most quotes on Yahoo Finance.

NGM is an exchange in the Nordic Europe with interesting small cap fast growing companies that gather a lot of interest in the region and increasingly throughout the rest of the world.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Quotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 103 104
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base