Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3002 results found

1. Am I supposed to get ads in the right column with a Business account?

I pay for business e-mail, which I thought was a premium service. Why do I still get ads in the right column?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Horrible service.

Truly you have the worst customer support on the planet. It is impossible to talk to a human being. How do I forward my email to another email address.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How do I get into my Contact List to make changes?

How do I get into my Contact List to make changes?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Hi there,

You can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (the icon looks like a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the classic mail look. We aim to incorporate Contacts into the new mail look soon.

You can also access your contacts by clicking on To, CC or BCC when you are in the compose, forward or reply mode, or via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

4. I cannot log automatically onto my laptop, I have to get authorisation via mobile everytime! So time consuming

Automatically link emails on all devices when security has been confirmed instead of constantly asking for proof of ID every time!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unlinking Yahoo mailboxes

1. This company clearly values profits over its customers and it shows.
    2. If you have a problem which they have not addressed in the FAQ's there is absolutely no way to talk to them without paying. This is ridiculous, as it is not uncommon to do this, as their FAQ's are not extensive. This is the stupidest and most harmful policy to customers, and I can't believe that any company would be so callous towards the needs of its customers.
    3. I have an issue which is not addressed in the FAQ's: my boss and I's mailboxes are linked, so it is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding New Contacts

Why is it hard to add a contact from an email? It should be one of the main basic uses with the email. I search two different sites and they did not work for me. I should not have to type out the persons name, number, and email to add a contact when it is right there when I scroll my mouse over the name. Why is this not a common sense and user friendly aspect of the email?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. yahoo email changes my email address to aol

When people reply to my emails from yahoo account, it changes my address to an aol email address!!!! Why? I never even had aol email address! Please fix asap.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Inbox doesn't load unless i quickly open a message.

Inbox doesn't load unless i quickly open a message. Please fix this bug! I have this issue on the desktop chrome browser. I am using a mac computer.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Major email send and receive issue.. cannot send or receive emails

I can't send or receive any emails.
    I'm using my yahoo account registered with yahoo ***********@yahoo.com and not able to receive or send email. there is no direct way to contact yahoo, i tried all the help center, everything, even tried mobile app, same issue.. i . believe its issue with yahoo not with my computer or app. plese fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For some reason when I go to sign into this account I receive the message underneath that I haven't used this account in nine months? Fix it

And I have used my alternative account. I was told I haven't used that account in over a year, when signing into this account. Please correct this issue. Thank you as it is my alternative account for receiving a new password in the event of forgetting my present password. I would appreciate your feedback on this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Yahoo should not keep me logged-in

Yahoo keeps me logged into the site even though I've explicitly told it not to remember me. To not remember me, in my mind, means they won't keep me logged in and will prompt me again for my credentials when accessing any of their services via a NEW session. Yahoo has, to date, not amended this issue and it's become a real hassle for me because Yahoo thinks they're safe now. If I uncheck "Remember me", I expect Yahoo to store cookies but to also then require disabling this whole SSO and federation **** that utilizes tokens across sessions.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. improved email and start receiving emails, i'm not receiving any emails, please do correct it fast

Respected sir,
    this is Dr. Arvind khot, a regular user of yahoo mail,
    as yahoo mail is my 1st and official email address,
    i have given this E-mail address in every medical department
    where i'm linked,

As since few months , may be around 7-9 months, i'm not receiving any E-mails other than
    promos and subscription and adds,
    i enquired from my colleagues, as they were sending me my cheque details and other official document s like case paper of patients,
    discharge summaries etc,
    which i had never received, i checked in their e-mail account . its showing sent ,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want my Yahoo Classic Mail.....Back!!

I want my Yahoo Classic Mail back!!!.....I cant even change the color of my text when typing an email to be sent nor change the font....this is plain horribly mean to customers of your Mail service for yrs.

Yahoo Mail for Android is Terrible!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Please note that the font formatting options you used in Classic Mail are still there in New Mail. However, you may need to click on the ellipsis (three dots) icon at the bottom of the email to open the font formatting options on a tablet.

Thanks,
    Mail Support

17. Need some help all my e-mails are going to spam and I don't know why how do I fix this help pleasee

Need some help all my e-mails are going to spam and I don't know why how do I fix this help please

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If emails from your Yahoo account are going to your recipient’s Spam folder, make sure they mark them as Not Spam on their end.

If you’re a company sending to Yahoo and your emails are going to users’ Spam folders, you can reach out to our Postmaster team for help:

https:/postmaster.yahoo.com

Thank you!
    Mail Support

18. all my mail is going into trash.. It's not filters. and no one will help unless I pay for pro.. what a scam!

all my mail is going into trash.. It's not filters. and no one will help unless I pay for pro.. what a scam

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you are certain the rules in your filters are not causing this, please change your password immediately. This will secure your account and ensure hackers are not downloading your mail as it arrives and sending it to thrash. Please see the following article on securing your account:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2090.html

If you have secured your account and you find your mail is still going directly to Trash, please review the POP settings of any Third party email clients you may be using, such as Outlook or Mac Mail. Certain settings may see your mail deleted on the Yahoo side it when it’s downloaded on the client side. You may need to review these settings via the third party client support site.

Please note that this is a feedback forum, so our ability to provide support for issues such as this is limited. A far better channel for you to…

19. spam

It used to be that I could notify you about an email I thought you should check out. I think it was a subcategory of marking it as spam. E.g. Just got an email from mailer daemon saying they couldn't deliver a message. The problem is I never sent the msg AND I've never heard of the person it couldn't reach. I wanted to send this to you to see if my account has been hacked. I marked it as spam and it just disappeared. NOT what I had in mind happening. Fix it so we have easy access to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re suddenly getting a lot of Spam email in your inbox, you can check out this post for more info:

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Tips-and-tricks/Getting-lots-of-spam-in-Yahoo-Inbox/td-p/329507/jump-to/first-unread-message

If emails from legitimate senders are going to Spam, make sure to marked them as Not Spam, as opposed to just moving them out of the Spam folder. If the sender is a company or a corporate address, It also be helpful for them to reach out to our Postmaster team (postmaster.yahoo.com)

Thank you!
    Mail Support

20. change image

I changed my image icon to a picture from the default but now I want to change it back. How to make it? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Personalize your Yahoo Account by adding a picture from a desktop computer and most mobile apps. You can upload an image in .jpg, .png, and .jpeg format as long as it’s 5MB or less and at least 192×192 pixels. Once a Profile picture is added, it can’t be made blank again. Switch it to a generic image if you’d prefer not to share something personal:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/update-yahoo-profile-picture-sln25611.html

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base