Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2974 results found

1. Unable to read what I am writing when replying to email. Screen shifts to different section of conversation.

Ideally, the screen should stay where the cursor is, allowing me to see what I am typing Not having to search my reply through the thread. At the moment, when replying, the screen shifts to the different part of thread and flickers when I type. Most annoying!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Yahoo Mail Pro - Do you want my money?

I have tried three different browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and have attempted to purchase Yahoo Mail Pro with both a credit card (error: sorry, your transaction cannot be completed) and PayPal (it just cycles back to the first screen). I had a YMP account but was not being billed anything and still being served inline mail ads. I canceled that account and tried to set up another account so that I can PAY you for the year in advance. Now ads are everywhere and you will not take my money. TAKE IT and please get rid of the ads. I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. stop requiring an account code

Hate having to get a verification code every time I try to put my password in. Stop asking for account verification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend account key as a more secure form of verification but we recognize that it may not be convenient for everyone. Please note that you can disable account key and return to password sign in. Please see the steps to do so below:

Manage Account Key from a web browser

- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
    - By “Yahoo Account Key,” click Manage.
    - Click the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
    - Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.

Manage Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app

- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon.
    - Tap the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon..
    - Tap Manage Account Key.
    - Tap the toggle to the right…

4. Forward emails to another account

I would like to be able to forward all Yahoo emails to another email account. I'm trying to avoid using your pages. You never fix any of your problems and your news feed is filled with tabloids.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend account key as a more secure form of verification but we recognize that it may not be convenient for everyone. Please note that you can disable account key and return to password sign in. Please see the steps to do so below:

- Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.

- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mail Restore request form does not work.

With no live customer service available or even an e-mail address to reach out to, I erroneously tried one of the fake phone numbers listed online to try and solve the problem. :( I am trying to fill out a Mail Restore Request form and the YID doesn't match what I have signed in with... it says. My husband accidentally deleted messages from his phone (and also the server due to his phone settings).

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I mistakenly marked an e-mail as Spam

I accidently marked an e-mail as Spam and it wasn't Spam. What can I do? I want to keep receiving those e-mails and I'm afraid I won't now. Please help!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

260 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

10. Several people have informed me that SPAM e-mails were sent from my account - this problem has been ongoing for nearly 12 months and chan

Several people have informed me that SPAM e-mails were sent from my account - this problem has been ongoing for nearly 12 months and changing my password has not stopped the problem. How do I stop this happening?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey ***********

How the **** did I get locked out of my email with this *****show upgrade? Someone better figure it out!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it a little easier to reset forgotten passwords

Yahoo ****** *** now. I am not able to reset my password it just keep sending me text codes. I mean seriously I have been looking for ways to reset this bull for two whole days. I am just going to stop using it or try setting up a new account. I mean this is really a big problem!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Spam

I want to add certain contacts to not spam. Real emails are going into spam and I am missing out! This is not acceptable. Yahoo cannot decide what is and isn't spam on my behalf. I have missed extremely important emails because of this error and I am unable to 'unspam' certain contact.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future. Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

14. new folder

I can't see how to create a new folder. This seems very basic, and should not be this difficult.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am not receiving emails. It's making me miss deadlines and keeping me from receiving important information. Please help.

I can send emails but when someone tries to send me an email either I get it a half a day later or not at all. If someone tries to respond to an email I sent them, an incorrect email address comes up in the "To:" address line and I don't receive those emails either. Please help!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re not getting emails from a specific sender, it may be because they are sending to the wrong address or they are getting an error message when sending to you. If this is the case, you will need to have them reach out to our Postmaster department to try and get it fixed. You can also double-check your Mail settings and Spam folder to make sure everything looks good there.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

17. Some of my emails are not coming through, especially those from Asia. What is the problem???

I have friends and a few subscription services mostly in China and Australia and the emails are not coming through to me. I have checked every folder, including spam, and nothing from them. Any idea what might be the problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re not getting emails from a specific sender, it may be because they are sending to the wrong address or they are getting an error message when sending to you. If this is the case, you will need to have them reach out to our Postmaster department to try and get it fixed. You can also double-check your Mail settings and Spam folder to make sure everything looks good there.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

18. The program is deleting some of my emails that I am NOT personally deleting.

The program is deleting some of my emails that I am NOT personally deleting. If my mouse just passes over them they are gone. Usually I can go to trash and send them back to the Inbox but today, one I wanted to keep just vanished completely! PLEASE FIX YOUR PROGRAM!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Yahoo sharing or selling my email address.

I am getting so many spammers, scammers and businesses on my yahoo email. If you are indeed sharing or selling my email I want it to stop or I will cancel my account. It is getting worse than the the unwanted phone calls. All these annoying emails are not appreciated in the least.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How long emails stay in trash.

I may have deleted an email that contained important information. I don't know, because I can't tell how long it is until my trash folder gets cleared. I would very much like to change this in settings. For example, I would set it to delete emails after they've been in there for a month, so if it takes me a few weeks to realise I've deleted an important email, I can still get it back.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base