why the **** must i sign into the same computer and keep resetting the account key over and over?
We recommend account key as a more secure form of verification but we recognize that it may not be convenient for everyone. Please note that you can disable account key and return to password sign in. Please see the steps to do so below:
Manage Account Key from a web browser
- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- By “Yahoo Account Key,” click Manage.
- Click the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
- Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.
Manage Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app
- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon.
- Tap the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon..
- Tap Manage Account Key.
- Tap the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
- Optionally, tap Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.