The last few days I have had to get a confirmation code by SMS while logging in. That is not acceptable. I do not own a smartphone.
I do not own a phone that can get SMS messages. I have to borrow from a neighbor. This is not acceptable. How can I login without having to get a confirmation code every time?
Hi there. If there's something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we'll ask you to go through another verification step after you've entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code on your Yahoo app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:
- Yahoo notices suspicious account activity.
- You're using an unfamiliar browser or device.
- You're traveling away from your usual location.
- You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.
- You've logged in with a private or incognito window.
- There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.
- The "First time signing in from this device" message appears.
- You've cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.
More details here: