New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Undo Delete (undeletes the previous email, not the most recent deleted)

Most of the time when I delete an item out of my inbox there is an undo option, however, if I click the undo button it will most of the time undelete the previous item - not the just deleted item.

Example if I have 3 emails in my inbox. I click Delete on Email one and then click delete on email two. If on Email two I click the undo button, then email one is now undeleted. I have to go to the trash to un delete email two. I'm pretty sure the delete button is skipping the most…

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate log in problems

I have used this email since 2000. Suddenly I cannot log in unless you send a code to a secondary email or my tablet. This is a big time pain. I cannot figure out how to fix this.
    HELP!

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. RIDICULOUS POLICY

My phone broke and I needed to get a new one. I do not have access to my old phone. Everytime I try to sign in on a device I need access to that past phone. When looing into this it says if I did not update my reserve enail I cannot access my account.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have used yahoo for years and now am about to lose all my emails and access to this account that I use for all my signins and accounts.

It is also ridiculous that I cannot get someone on the phone…

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. check all box

The Check Box - sometimes I check the box and it includes 40, 60, 100 emails, sometimes 1000's. this is frustrating as if you are not careful you delete days of wanted emails by accident.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add optiion (filter?) to "star" emails from specified user(s).

Inbox Management: I should be able to automatically "Star" incoming emails based on sender. Gmail has had this feature in their Filters for years now, and it's quite handy. They also have different colored "Stars" and a few other icons that really help with inbox management. But even a simple star added would be a huge benefit! The ONLY thing Yahoo "filters" can do is move incoming emails to a specified folder. Even the first instance of Outlook back in '97 did better than that!

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Long time back, had created multiple YahooMail IDs. Remember User IDs, but not passwords. Unable to reset password using existing options.

Long time back, had created multiple YahooMail IDs. Remember User IDs now, but not passwords. Unable to reset password using existing options. Yahoo must introduce additional options where users can establish their authentic, legal identity, and undertake to face action if proven otherwise, so that new passwords can be created for old YahooMail Ids with less complications. Even the customer helpdesk contact telephone numbers should be country-wise, in every country, or a number that can be contacted from any country easily should be provided.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mail plus signup issue (US Addresses only)

The signup for yahoo mail plus is limited to US adresses. But I live in Ireland and there is no way to select an Irish postal address. So I cant signup for the service. Please advise?

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification that unsaved changes will be lost every time you delete an email

Every time I am on an email and click the delete button, it goes back to the inbox but a notification comes up saying that I will love unsaved changes and asks if I want to leave the page.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Looking for something? Try searching for a person, business or keyword

This message
    "Looking for something? Try searching for a person, business or keyword"
    is useless. I get it by backing up 7 messages and clicking one one. It happens every time. it's annoying and useless.
    Turn it off permanently.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Looking for something? Try searching for a person, business or keyword"

Why does this message keep popping up? it is annoying and gets in my way of reading emails..

How do I turn this annoying message off?

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn off Reply reminder on email

Turn off the "reply reminder" feature on the account. Very annoying having popup to respond to an old email. This just started. Why was it added with no way to turn off according to your own tech support.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FIX UNREAD option displaying SENT MAIL

Why is UNREAD option displaying SENT mail? Sent mail, is not UNREAD, because I wrote it and read before I sent it. Who is the ******, programming yahoo website.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide an email (from indox folder) for 1 hour, 1 day or 1 month

Give the user the ability to hide an email from inbox folder for a period of time (1 hour, 1 day or 1 month).

Very usefull for Zero Inbox adapts ;-)

Please, please, please :-)

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I review emails, a popup asks if I am searching for something. Extremely irritating and time wasting.

in the past week, when I start reviewing emails a popup comes up and asks if I am searching. I turn off the popup and keep reviewing incoming mail. This wastes my time. I contacted customer support and they said it cannot be turned off. I have Yahoo+ and I think this is the best product you offer. There should be a way to turn this popup off because you just turned it on a few days ago.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mail Plus and I still get ads?

I am visiting India, and that perhaps explains why I get ads even though I have Yahoo Mail Plus. In the USA I never did. So I just connected to Yahoo Mail using Nord VPN via a USA server, and the ads disappeared. I'm sure Yahoo can (and should) fix this problem.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have Yahoo! Mail Plus (paid) though I'm asked to try it free and I have ads. Why?

This isn't an idea it's a question. I'm paying and have been paying for years. Why is Mail asking if I want to pay and try the service for free? Why do I have ads if I have the paid version of Mail?

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to disable grouping by date

Need to start this thread again, and maybe they will listen. STOP THE CLUTTER. No need to grouping by date when there is already a date field. I guess this is dumbed down computing for people that don't notice date columns for some reason and keep 10,000 emails in their inbox.

Yahoo could even go so far as to use consistent formatting for the dates so that it is even easier to scan. Would be nice if you people actually bothered to learn some basics about how the human brain works and visualizes things, but that will never happen. For…

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the order of notebooks and notes in Notepad to be easily re-arranged.

Allow the order of notebooks and notes in Notepad to be easily re-arranged. Currently, this cannot be done.

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix the bug that happens when downloading a pdf file attachment

when I download a pdf attachement it is saved as a pdf__ file so the it cannot be opened without renaming it manually

126th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base