Skip to content

New Yahoo Mail


Welcome to the new Yahoo Mail Desktop experience! This is a place for you to help shape the redesign. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.


COME HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES.

*Those asking about going back to the old version. Unfortunately, if you do not see the "Go Back" button you cannot go back. We really hope you'll try the new experience! Thanks!


WHAT'S NEW:
Calendar - We moved it from under "More" on the right hand side to it's own icon. Still on the right hand side, but it's now the first icon next to Starred and Contacts.

TIPS:
Disable Inbox Categories (All, Primary, etc) - You can go back to having just ONE Inbox. Go to Settings > Inbox Categories.
Keep Folders Expanded - First expand left hand column by hovering on Inbox edge until you see Double Arrows. Then a drop down will show up next to Folders.
Bulk Delete - Click on a checkbox from your Inbox and a new checkbox will appear at the top. From there you can Select All and Delete All.
Sender's Email Address - You don't have to open the message to see the sender's email address. Just hover over the sender's name from your Inbox.
Sort By Sender - This is still a sorting option, but you must disable Conversation view under your Settings. Then you will see "Sender name"
Disable AI Summaries - Go to Settings > AI features > Toggle Off



COMING SOON!
Compact View - Small, Medium and Large views are coming soon!




**Please do NOT post about Account, Password, Login issues here. It will be deleted. Please go to help.yahoo.com.




Thank you! 💜



  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2574 results found

  1. BLUE DOT - Unread

    I have been depending on that blue dot next to an email to see my new mail. It's gone. Get it back.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Infinite Scroll to Next Email

    Absolutely HATE the new feature that concerns scrolling inside of an email and automatically loads the next email. Dozens of times already have read an email, then go to hit the delete key only to realize the next unread email has been loaded and is now in the trash can.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  25 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. From field not available on Reply/Forward

    ISSUES:

    1. REPLY does not allow you to change the FROM email (it is not even visible). This is a problem if you have multiple emails.

    2. The FORWARD has the same issue as above.

    Both of these are an option on the old version of Yahoo. This is forcing me to copy and paste the entire email and create a new one.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reply/Forward  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to open ordownload attachments

    my attachments cannot be previewed or downloaded on any computer, windows or macbook pro

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. see below

    not liking the new email format. I don't feel it's user friendly. I've been trying to email files to my CPA and it keeps saying not the correct format. However if I send the files from my husband's email and NO Problem. I want the old format back, a lot more user friendly. Not Impressed!!!

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  72 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete all offers

    I would like to delete all "Offers". The UI is really weird for this. If you select "All", then you are no longer targeting offers. With the new UI, you have to select at least one message on the "Offers" tab, then you can select "All" messages, but it's limited to just the 100 messages in your current list. I would like to nuke them all, from all time, similar to how Delete all Spam was on the old UI.

    What's even more troubling is that I can select the Offer messages and delete them 100 at a time, but…

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us opt out of planner

    On the PLANNER- For God's sake at least let us be able to take stuff OFF of the planner. Your AI is getting all the stuff wrong. It's a headache and very stressful.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
  8. UNLABELED ICONS ARE HOSTILE DESIGN.

    I don't know hieroglyphics. I am not going to learn Hieroglyphics. The unlabeled icons are a Failure of incompetent management.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  9. All inbox

    looking for a way to view all emails from every account together in one list

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
  10. MAIL RECIPIENT AUTOCOMPLETE

    Yahoo Mail recipient autocomplete / contact search has stopped working.

    This feature used to work normally, but recently stopped.

    Symptoms:
    • In Compose → To, typing part of an email address produces no autocomplete suggestions.
    • Clicking the To field opens the contact picker, but it is completely empty.
    • I have existing Yahoo Contacts, and I can open individual contacts and see their email addresses.
    • Searching my Contacts produces no results, even for contacts that are visibly present in the contact list.
    • I tested an email address that I have previously sent mail to, but it still…

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Non requested pornographic ads

    One should not be getting explicit ads concerning sexual immorality when not requested. Also, ads that claim to increase size, virility and other deviate activity are scams.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Admin →
  12. We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reply/Forward  ·  Admin →
  13. Restrict unread to display only Unread on the Inbox

    When selecting "Unread" I just want to see the unread mail in my Inbox, not in every folder.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →
  14. STOP THE DATING ADVERTISMENTS/THEY ARE UNETHICAL

    STOP THE DATING ADVERTISMENTS/THEY ARE UNETHICAL

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Searching for Spam (and other icons)

    Dear Reader,

    I hope you're doing well.

    I am a relatively new Yahoo Mail user. I have thousands of messages, including both direct-to-Yahoo and imported-from-Gmail.

    Yahoo often misidentifies legitimate subscriptions as spam, and they stay in my inbox. (NOTE: I can't actually view the messages in my Spam folder.)

    Please allow users to search for messages identified with the Spam icon (and other icons). I don't want to have to look through my entire inbox to look for messages Yahoo wrongly labeled as spam.

    Thank you in advance!

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  16. New Yahoo mail view is awful - I need help not provided by the help section!

    Why can I no longer see many emails in one inbox list at normal point size? Now there's only a few lines to view at one time, which means it much harder to find the email(s) I want and requires more scrolling = not helpful and backward step by Yahoo.

    Also, I don't want to show any message preview in the subject line of my inbox (it was never like that before) and your help section is useless as says to go to "settings" and choose "more" but no options exist there of that type. How can this be possible?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Make descriptive names visible in pick list

    I have multiple (many) inboxes. In the old version, they all showed up down the left side, by the descriptive names I gave them. Now I have to navigate through a pick list which is no so convenient but the names do not show up in that list so I have to remember which email address is for which inbox. Instead of having the "display" name there, it would be much better to actually have the description display on that list vs the "name" which shows on the emails I send. Allowing the accounts to all show up down the…

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it faster

    This new email is bloated and slow. Why would you give us something that is worse than before? The old mail worked great. I'll use my other emails more if this doesn't improve soon. It takes way too long for messages to be sent. Plus, focus keeps being removed from the email body when I am writing an email. Very frustrating.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →
  19. Show multiple Yahoo mailboxes and unread counts simultaneously

    I would like Yahoo Mail to permanently display all connected mailboxes in the left navigation, together with the number of unread messages in each mailbox.

    Previously, I could see both of my Yahoo mailboxes at a glance and immediately tell whether either account had new messages. In the current version, I have to click the mailbox switcher first to see or switch to the other mailbox.

    Please bring back the ability to see all connected mailboxes and their unread message counts simultaneously. This would make managing multiple Yahoo accounts much faster and more convenient.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. Show to which email box the email was sent right away

    For several email boxes, it would be nice if after opening an email, it shows explicitly to which of my email boxes it was sent, not requiring me to click on "to me" to see that.

    My email boxes have different functions and I need to know to which email box the email was sent right away. That's how it worked in the old version of Yahoo.

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Priority Inbox  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 … 128 129
  • Don't see your idea?