Ability to create new filters from an individual mail message
The ability to contextually create a new filter from an individual mail message was a feature I personally used on a nearly daily basis.
This visual UI redesign has removed this functionality. I'd love to have it restored.
Related, messages that would have been previously caught by my existing filters are slipping back into my inbox, rather than to the folders the filter specifies them to go to. If I could contextually create filters, this would be less of an issue for me, but now I would need to open settings --> go to filters --> manually (re)create the filter.
-
Brett Richards
commented
Bring back "filter messages like this" on messages
-
Zhoie J Myrtle
commented
You took away the ability to right click on a message and add it to a filter. Now I have to copy the info, jump to settings and add a new filter. That is dumb and tedious when you had it right long ago. Just allow us to right cick on a message and start a filter. Thank You
-
Sashi Wettimuny
commented
Please bring back the right click option of adding a filter to a folder for a specific email. It was highly convenient. Also, make it possible to clear out filters that haven't been used in over 6 months. I have had my email for over 20 years now, and the filters are well into the 400's and I am sure some aren't needed anymore but have no easy way to know which one's to delete.
-
Taylor Burton
commented
There should be an easier way to add an email address to filter to a specific folder. It used to be in a drop down that was at the top of the inbox. Now you have to go to settings. That adds extra steps to something that used to be so easy. I also want my folders listed out because I use them all the time and it's more steps having to click on "Folders" first. Why have you added more steps for things? I really wish the old Yahoo Mail was still available because I haven't found a single thing about this new version that I like.
-
cweksxyz xyz
commented
Hello,
Please add feature in Filters to have the filters either auto order alphabetically ( by default ) or manually ( custom setting )
-
AM Lyons
commented
In the old version, you could open an email and easily set up a filter to sort new emails. I haven't found this option yet in the new interface. It was very convenient to set up a filter with the email open so that you could easily see the matching criteria, like the sender's email address, for example.
-
Al Rodriguez
commented
It sure would be nice to be able to set up filters again without having to open up a new browser screen. One reason i never moved to the new versions of web interfaces was because you lose the ability. I understand you can make filters, it just not easy. With this version you can't easily see the email address without opening the mail , then you can't make a filter without opening a new browser and going to settings. Please add back the "filter messages like this" within the first screen.
-
Kiyomi Yim
commented
I know i can still manually create filters but it was so nice being able to quickly create mail filters directly from a message.
-
Marty Frongillo
commented
You removed the ability to easily filter email. Without it, you need to open an email in RAW mode to find the email address, copy it, then to go settings -> filter to create a new filter. Lots of extra steps that used to be simple.
-
Richard Vengazo
commented
how do i set email filters - i don't see that option any more
-
J Walker
commented
In the regular Yahoo, I could checkbox the message I wanted filtered, then immediately group it all by sender, subject, whatever. Now I have to remember the sender's address, then go to a different page, then go to yet another different page after that and type in the sender's address that I want filtered. Or subject line or whatever. It doesn't copy automatically. Then by the time I get back to my inbox, I've lost my place for how far down I'd scrolled. And I start all over. How do I get back to the regular yahoo mail?
-
Michael Blewett
commented
Bring back the ability to filter directly from the email itself. I am only using the web client so that I instant filter messages. I will be switching back to outlook if I am not able to do this.