Colors
Please restore my old format of the Yahoo Mail.Please restore the colors, design and everything as it was. I can't distinguish between new mails and ads, there's no structure, everyuthing seems just a bunch of mixed trash in an Inbox. UGLY UGLY UGLY and worst of all, confusing and non funcional. Please restore my Yahoo Mail, especially the INbox with its format and design
-
Sal J
commented
Theme option not available on my android tab. My email page is all white, looks washed out. Cant add background color as before the latest change. Disappointed
-
Jason Brandt
commented
You used to be able to have color themes and other color options as recently as yesterday. I hate the limited choices of dark vs light view. I used to have an email view that was orange. Please fix this.
-
Bob Malin
commented
Themes in Yahoo mail were cool and simple. You should bring them back. Bob
-
Alyson Giller
commented
I absolutely hate the updated Yahoo Mail desktop interface. This redesign is not an improvement. It is a significant step backward in both usability and accessibility, and it is genuinely frustrating to use.
One of the worst decisions was removing the Themes that Yahoo Mail previously offered. Why take away a feature that allowed users to personalize their inbox and choose a color scheme that was actually comfortable for them? We had Themes. They worked. Bring them back.
The current appearance options are completely inadequate. Light mode is painfully bright, Dark mode does not properly translate email content and creates its own readability problems, and “Go with device” appears to do absolutely nothing. Those are not meaningful choices. There needs to be something between glaring white and an improperly rendered Dark mode. The old Themes provided that flexibility, and removing them has made the interface significantly worse.
Even more frustrating is the loss of control over the layout. I can no longer arrange the panels to accommodate how I actually read and manage my email. Why remove functionality that allowed users to customize their workspace? Instead of giving users more flexibility, this redesign forces everyone into Yahoo’s preferred layout whether it works for them or not.
The entire interface is visually overwhelming and unnecessarily difficult to navigate. I should not have to fight with my email application just to find a color scheme that doesn’t hurt my eyes or arrange my inbox in a way that makes sense for how I work.
And what makes this even more infuriating is that I PAY for Yahoo Mail Plus. I am paying for a premium service and somehow receiving a product with fewer customization options and a worse user experience than I had before. What exactly am I paying for if Yahoo can simply remove useful features, give me an inferior interface, and provide no option to restore them?
I have used Yahoo Mail for years, and this is one of the worst interface “upgrades” I have experienced. It feels as though Yahoo prioritized making the product look different rather than making it better. Removing useful features and customization options is not an upgrade. It is a downgrade.
BRING BACK THEMES. Give users meaningful control over colors, brightness, contrast, panel sizes and layout. And if Yahoo is unwilling to restore the functionality that was removed, then at least give paying customers the option to return to the previous desktop interface.
Right now, I am paying for a visually exhausting, frustrating product that is substantially worse than the version it replaced. That is absolutely unacceptable and makes me seriously question why I should continue paying for Yahoo Mail Plus.
-
OLIVE NJERI
commented
WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMISING THE COLORS - THE PAGE APPEARANCE?
-
Patrick Fiorilli
commented
Both the new Light and Dark modes of the new user interface are harder to read. It's enough of a problem for me to seek out a different app with which I can interface with Yahoo email.
-
Crystal Bremer
commented
The new plain background sucks.
-
Linda F.
commented
I HATE what you have done! For starters, you took away the themes! I was perfectly happy with the way things were. You should have left us with more options and choices. Instead, you narrowed things down to the way YOU want them. AND you have done a LOUSY job at it. Yahoo Mail's new look is terrible!
-
Victoria Cowgill
commented
Having only dark or light as settings options is ridiculous.
I'm dyslexic, and my eyes need soft pastel colours to read text. Please sort this -
Ricardo Rosser
commented
Are we stuck use this boring black or white screens....what was the purpose of the change if no one asked.
-
lolawill will
commented
also do the white and light gray every other line so we can tell emails apart. the bold and unbold is impossible to see which emails or read or unread when there is no color difference in the background. give back color themes
-
Joanne Marone
commented
I used to be able to drag photos into my email (not an attachment) and I could make them smaller. This is gone. Why take away good ideas. The whole layout is just ugly. Before, there were lines and color. Now you just have black and white and it is not very easy to keep track of things.
It makes me want to leave yahoo. You did too many ugly changes to the account. AND every month I have to pay $5. I don't mind paying, but a yearly bill would be so much nicer. I do like yahoo plus, but every month is so annoying.
-
David Weis
commented
The font and colors are very poor - please provide controls. Its overwhelmingly bad!
-
Graham Mead
commented
make it blue again
-
Ken Bard
commented
the current Light mode is too bright for your eyes
Dark mode is too harsh
the older off-white background was more comfortable
you’d like more appearance choices or a softer light theme
-
Anas Aftab
commented
i hate the new look.
it removes all the customization and personalization.
Add customization options -
Christy Escalante
commented
the classic version seemed to use color more and it was easier at a glance to see where things were. The new version has everything the same color, so I find myself searching for things more often.
It would also be nice if we could make the notes section (calendar, starred, etc.) a bit narrower and expand the width of the center messages column a little. -
Marlon Fulla
commented
Would be nice to have the possibility to change the theme among the wide variety as in the old version :)
-
Steven N. Poenitz
commented
I really miss themes because it gave a lighter but not brighter option to the background. Please reconsider bringing back themes. The white background is way too light and bright. The dark background is way too dark.
-
Stephen Mcalear
commented
Hello, I would like the option to change the color theme of the new Yahoo Mail as we used to be able to do in the old version. I have visual disabilities and I find the purple to be far too harsh and painful for my eyes. I nice muted blue option like we had before would be far less bothersome. Thank you for your consideration.