Email view settings: Compact view
Thanks for the new interface. however, it would be great to continue having the compact / comfortable space options to view email. this feature seems to have been remove and it now takes more scrolls to view email at a glance
-
Raoul Gary
commented
Instead of the old condensed listing format now there's only ~20 emails listed with the new distracting basic email UI on a 4K PC screen. Seriously ? How about even bigger contact circles with colors and listing only 10 emails ?
Now need to endlessly scroll even more to see the last 30 to 40 emails, waste of time and of productivity. -
brian peice
commented
Let people manage the spacing between messages in the Inbox and folder views AS WAS AVAILABLE before.
Yahoo Mail has an older user base. Forcing change that makes the system arguably MORE difficult to use is a great way to lose them. I also have a hard time believing that whoever decided what to add and remove in this mail update actually USES it as their primary email.
-
Paul McAllister
commented
There is far to much space between all the lines, as a result, on my laptop screen, I can barely see anything useful without constant scrolling. This was not necessary with the prior version I was using. The current update has zero benefits and makes it significantly harder to actually read through the mails - text is not only smaller, there is simultaneously less of it on the screen.
-
Stefan Zak
commented
I like to see more emails more that the icons from the sender. can we turn that off?
-
Susan M. Kalter
commented
Why have you made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to SHRINK the font on my Viewing Emails tab, so that there is NO WAY that I can see a large number of emails in my inbox at a time anymore?? The only way now is to shrink the entire browser field, but when you then want to WRITE an email, you have to unshrink it. HOW ARE YOU ACTUALLY IMPROVING ANYTHING when you make involuntary changes to people's email delivery that are definitely downgrading previous functions?
-
Daniel Carr
commented
I process emails fifo, if they sit in my inbox over 10 days then I delete them, sometimes sooner. I subscribe to many newsletters and prefer to handle if and when I review them. The new list is too spaced out to be of any value.
-
Karen Witczak
commented
Please devote a larger percentage of the screen space to the actual incoming emails. Now I can only see eight at a time, and the sender and subject fields don't include much.
-
Raymond Petruch
commented
The "new Yahoo email does not have an "Inbox spacing option under Appearances even though your documentation and help chatbot says it should. Please fix so that it is there and that option is available.
-
Joseph Rothengast
commented
FAR TOO LITTLE DISPLAYED ON SCREEN, SHOW LESS WHITE AREAS. ALSO FAR TOO SLOW. BEEN USING ANOTHER EMAIL SINCE THIS NEW GRAPHIC EMAIL IS A PAIN. i ALSO RECOMMENT OTHERS TO STAY AWAY FROM YAHOO NOW AFTER USING YAHOO FOR OVER 25 YEARS! DO NOT LIKE THE "NEW" YAHOO AND I HAVE STATED SHIFTING TO ANOTHER, OUTLOOK.
-
Johann Abraham
commented
Hi Yahoo Customer Care
I wish to reduce line spacing of my Inbox to be (small) just as it was prior to the New Yahoo Mail update.
Although the documentation refers to 'Inbox Spacing' setting there is no such ('Inbox Spacing') despite the following in documentation:
Click the Settings Icon Image of the Settings icon..
Under "Message Layout", select one of the following options:
List (no preview pane)
Right (show message in a preview pane on the right)
Bottom (show message in a preview pane on the bottom)
Under "Inbox Spacing", select one of the following options:
Small
Medium
LargePlease help.
-
Steve Hughes
commented
please allow the capability of adjusting the layout by removing the spacing between emails and folders. I want to see the list of emails without all the scrolling required. the current layout is a huge waste of screen space
-
Andrew Jennings
commented
I see that a compact view is coming soon. I can't wait. I don't like this theme. It's not very customizable, either. In the end, not very user friendly. Also, I lost my News link, and web search link. I want them back.
-
Daniel Solberg
commented
there's so much white space, and no lines for me to be able to discern what is a clickable segment of the email thread to expand or contract. Why did we have to make it all worse?
-
Robert Lindemann
commented
Rows are to bulky, can not condense rows to make best use of screen real estate, have to scroll to much to see email list.
-
Brittaney OConnell
commented
Do not like the new mail layout at all. The simple classic view was much better. I want to switch back.
-
TM
commented
Terrible new tone deaf layout approved by out of touch executives who are out of touch and don't use Yahoo. Now, users are forced to use third party email clients like Gmail, Outlook, eM Client just to access their Yahoo mail.
We want the original Yahoo CLASSIC mail with ultra-compact inbox layout that displays the maximum number of emails on screen with minimal spacing and normal (NOT LARGE FONTS) between messages.
-
Karl Pritchard
commented
the "new" display has the message contents at 1/3 the width and 2/5 the height of the screen. A large part of this message content window is not message - the top - it is an unreasonably large vertical box which is not message content. The mail program itself is, however, very well done.
-
Dave Hefner
commented
There is too small an area to read an email. Eliminate some of the top and bottom margin stuff or make smaller so that there is a larger area for viewing the inbox and also a larger area for reading an individual email. I want to be able to view more than 3 or 4 items in my inbox message list.
-
Sarah Davignon
commented
When I go to my inbox to look at emails, the portion of the screen that actually allows you to view the email is way too small. It makes it extremely difficult to read and respond to emails and can lead to missed information.
-
Antonio Burch
commented
The new update for desktop version makes it using Mail nearly impossible. The contrast for the themes are abysmal along with the font which makes it nearly impossible to view a message properly, let alone the height the email page when trying to read an email. These can be fix by adjusting the contrast for readability so it's not straining your eyes when reading. Adjust the height for the emails when viewing them would help too. These are simple fixes that can be done and I'm not understanding why none of this was taken into consideration beforehand. Please do better.