League Tools - Allow league information to be exported to excel
Requests for specific league information or player stats, transactions, etc. to be exported to Excel.
Jeffrey Factor commented
Exportable league details and stats would be amazing. Would help with draft prep and keeper management. I waste so much time trying to cut and paste
This seems like an easy thing for yahoo to do. Clearly they don’t care about the feedback if it still hasn’t been done.
Jeffrey Factor commented
Make all data and stats in yahoo exportable in csv or similar format
For season long leagues, would like to be able to export: 1. Draft, 2. Transactions, 3. Final Rosters with stats 4. Free agents with stats
Currently the only way I am aware is copy and paste but the text is in a terrible format making it very difficult to use.
I run a keeper league which has been going to 12 year now and as commissioner I want to be able to send out data to start off the league year.
Export the actual default draft rankings to excel. Also, only one set of rankings. There's an xrank, a players tab rank, a regular rank. Why all the rankings?
Kyle Foulkes commented
Yes! Exporting the data to excel would be great. Especially with access to previous years!
I notice (remembered) that the "Keeper Cost" shows for all keepers for the entire year. So when I go to look at the final rosters from LAST year in order to pick my keepers, those who were also kept last year, show the round they were picked in.
What would happen if this field (at any time up until keeper selections are made) were:
1) editable by the Commish
2) available for ALL players (even those who were not keeper the previous year)
While it might be a bit of work for the Commish (until automation was able to be added by Yahoo, of course) would allow all owners to see the cost of their potential keepers to aid them in making decisions on their keeper.
My indenting got stripped. in the next to last paragraph, the numbering between the first "3" and the "4" should be 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.
I realize that Yahoo cannot anticipate/account for all possible league setups. However, giving us a one-click setting to export (as csv and/or Excel format)
1) the previous year's draft
2) end-of-year rosters
Would cut down on a good bit of manual work that I (and surely other commissioners) have to undertake every season.
For example, many keeper leagues have a cost associated with each keeper. While there some variations that are automated within the Yahoo management system, there are several that are not:
1) keepers are kept in the round they were originally drafted
2) keepers are kept in the round they were originally drafted -n (minus n) rounds. So if the league setting is -3, a player drafted in Round 10 could be kept in Round 7.
Managers in the many keeper leagues need to be able to see the "Keeper cost" of each player on their end-of-year roster to help decide which players to keep. Perhaps there is a better way (anyone?!!), but currently I copy and paste the previous year's final rosters (one-by-one as oppposed to using the "Rosters" report [more difficult to edit]) into a text editor to manually delete the MANY non-pertinent lines of player data until I have only the player names listed under each team. I then load that into Excel. Finally, I repeatedly search the "Draft Results" from the previous year and manually put the round drafted next to each player.
From there it is pretty easy. But how WONDERFUL it would be if Yahoo could give me that same output (End-of-year Rosters with Round-drafted data) as csv and/or Excel data. It would save a few hours work every year.
Better yet! Just a few steps/modifications are necessary to almost fully automate the "Keeper cost" for commissioners:
1) First present the end-of-year rosters page with a new column: Round Drafted. Undrafted players (since many leagues have customized rules) would simply show as "Undrafted".
2) The Round Drafted column would be editable by the Commish. So he could manually (but quickly!) change "Undrafted" to whatever round number his league would assign.
3) A control (In Commish/League settings) for rounds to subtract:
1) 3 would convert a round 10 pick to a round 7 keeper
2) 1 would convert a round 10 pick to a round 9 keeper
3) 0 would leave a round 10 pick as a round 10 keeper
4) Commissioner finalizes the Keeper Cost
5) Finalized keeper costs NOW SHOW in each manager's Roster page! Yay!!!
6) In case a commissioner has further need of manipulation, a button to export the End-of-year Rosters with Keeper Costs to csv and/or Excel.
This small bit of change would come close to giving automatic control for MANY more keeper leagues than the two types currently supported (First-x-rounds-of-draft or Last-x-rounds-of-draft) without Yahoo needing to know the specific customizations of such leagues.