Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Playoff reseeding

Tie break system needs to be primarily best record against followed by points scored. Reseeding in playoffs needs to follow same consideration. Additionally, if you're going to use points scored to date to determine playoff seeding, that should carry to subsequent rounds. We won our initial week and are now seeded behind a team with identical total W/L record, regular season win against, and more total points scored through first round of playoffs.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix your tie breakers in Standings for football

League has 2 Divisions - both division winners have same record - so who ever wins the Head to Head match up should be the higher seed in the standings -

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How will this play out tomorrow?

When the rule for my league states: Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins This will allow the team with the better head to head record to advance to the playoffs not the team with the most total points? I know it will be resolved tomorrow but we are in a deep discussion over this.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tiebreaker

Could we have an option where the commissioner can set tiebreaker similar to what the NFL uses? First tiebreaker would be head to head result, second would be division record, third would be record vs common opponents, fourth would be strength of victory, and then finally points scored.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WINS & LOSSES

The record of wins and losses should determine the standings, and the tiebreakers should be just that, tiebreakers. I won 10 games, and no one else did, but I ended up 4th in the standings. I've never seen any sport where the wins and losses were ignored, and it's just NOT RIGHT ! The most wins is the winner, no matter what, and if there's a tie, then THAT's where the tiebreakers come in. Yes, I'm mad ! When I have 10 wins, and the teams above me have 8, something smells like rotten fish :)

317th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Al, thanks for your feedback. If you’re in a private league, your commissioner now has the ability to customize the seeds of the first round of the playoffs. This would allow your commissioner to adjust based on record of wins and losses or any other qualification. Check out this article for more details:

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-gives-control-fantasy-playoff-custom-seeding-164728376.html

Thanks for playing Yahoo Fantasy. Good luck next season!
    Yahoo Product Support

6. At this time I only have two simple suggestions. First would be to make the rules very clear and simple to find for even a first time player

The second idea is that, as in all sports, head to head matchups should always be the first form of tiebreaker. The amount of points a player or team scores is almost irrelevant as they could score the most but yet still lose their matches if their opponent that particular week also scores well and beats them. Head to head is the only thing that makes sense as a first line tiebreaker.

914th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Head to Head Leagues (non playoffs) tie breakers

we have a head to head league, and basically just winning the league (wins/loss) wins our championship.
    unfortunately, if we have 2 or more teams with the same record, it defaults to points for as the tie breaker.
    our league voted to have it based on head to head record against the other teams tied with the same record.
    ie. team 1: 10-7 pts for 1900
    team 2: 10-7 pts for 1700

but in the regular season, team 2 defeated team 1....2-0

team 2 should be the champion in all our minds like a real nfl division...

yahoo won't give…

201st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the option to change the standings tie-breaker within a division to total points

We switched our league to a divisional setup this season, and it was not clear when doing so that the standings tie-breaker within a division would be division record instead of total points, with no way to change it. Please add the option to change the tie-breakers in the order each league sees fit. You could have total points, head-to-head record, and division record, and allow leagues to choose in which order they would like to apply the tie-breakers. More options is always better. Without this fix, I think we may just do away with divisions, which we don't want…

371st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Seeding options

There needs to be greater options with respect to seeding/standings.
    For example, You ought to be able to have a divisional league, where the only consequences of the division are that the winners are awarded top 2 seeds. After that it should go by overall seeding. With the seeding options being highly customizable. Yahoo currently provides a measly 2 options for seeding and neither of them suited our leagues needs.
    We want our tiebreaker hierarchy to be OVERALL RECORD > TOTAL POINTS FOR. ( divisional record means nothing)

488th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base