Finance

Welcome to the Yahoo Finance Feedback Forum, the place where you can make product suggestions and provide feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and use your feedback to make positive changes.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site where you can Contact Us.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off the annoying flag. "See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker." Its utterly useless!!!

"See all your accounts in one place. Trade quickly and easily with any US broker."

Turn off the annoying flag. Its utterly useless!!!

Every brokerage account has a trading platform. Why would anyone in their right mind use yahoo finance to buy and sell?

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please either fix or get rid of the "Trade Column you added to 'My Portfolio' Now, copy &paste of the stock results is a messa mess

You added a 'Trade Column" to the My Portfolio' stock results that is copied when one tries to copy daily stock results in a Portfolio. This prevents simply copying and pasting results into my excel spreadsheets and makes you site largely unusable for following stock prices. Try it and you will see. Please fix or deleted the addition columen ('Trade) from the default portfolio lists.

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  23 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. where are the news events that were particular to just my my portfolio ??? you have totally ruined my portfolio page

I used to go to my own personal portfolio page and get news events that were just for my stocks. WHERE IS THAT ???? or have you just decided to eliminate what was absolutely helpful .. Now im stuck with a lot of bs videos and news I DO NOT WANT .. GO BACK TO WHAT WORKED !

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news page

Can you please STOP, STOP, STOP, auto playing videos on your Yahoo news home pages and your Yahoo news pages especially the ones titled 'Must see' which are repeated every time I log on to the Yahoo news website. These are so annoying. Can I please choose which videos I want to watch without you keep repeatedly auto playing them when I don't even want to watch them and especially when I'm trying to READ your news items. Please let me chose which videos I want to watch. That is the most annoying feature about the Yahoo news website. If…

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. my yahoo - Totals

Allow totals to show up in My Yahoo for each portfolio and for all portfolios on the My Yahoo screen like it used to.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hide comments

Hide comments (like it used to be)

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Chart view blocked by stats

Charting view is blocked by having stats in the way on the chart. They need to be either moved to the top or a separate line above the stat. Also you can not save more than one option on the chart making it hard to keep your views if you need to refresh.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex.

Go back to old layout, days now unclear. Your whole layout is way too complex and I have to keep logging in to see my personal checklist.

8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please stop posting the "main" news on the right side. It's really irritatin that I want to lok at something, but Yahoo wants me to look at.

Please stop forcing the main finance news on the right side as I scroll down. It's really irritating that Yahoo wants to force me to look at the main page news. I wouldn't be scrolling down if I wanted to look at the main news.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Several tips - things that don't function properly

1. Make the value of my holdings two decimal places in the portfolio view. If I have fractional shares, the total value should be $4,567.89, not $4,567.8901. They stocks don't line up properly in portfolio view.
    2. What happened to my trade/transaction date? That does not show anymore in portfolio view. I see it is there and the column is checked, but it doesn't show any more.
    3. Let me go to MY defaul view, not your Summary View. And get rid of that freaking 4-step box every time I go to the view.
    4. I can't reorder my stocks…

67th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. the new charts are horrible......please don't change to these new charts

the new charting is horrible........HORRIBLE......stay with the existing charting

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were

new charting not an improvement other than has more indicators, like the layout colors etc how they were.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Dislikes this feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have to agree with MANY others that if you want to expend the least effort to restore the most useful

I must agree with most, that you took one of the BEST free portfolio functions on the web and turned it into one of the worst. However, I see the potential to add functionality that, to my knowledge, is only available for a fee or if you have an account with a broker. You may make your way back to the top, again, if you implement these before losing too many users.

For instance, when you open your new portfolio you get a view including multiple lines containing something that looks like dates, prices and quantities of shares traded. This…

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. decimal places for lot value goes is not consistently two spaces

Under the 'lot value', if I have fractional shares, the decimal places go out to FOUR decimal places. It doesn't line up properly and I don't need to know that the value of the shares is $6,991.0112. $6,991.01 will suffice. Thanks.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get rid of the banner stating 'Try our new charting experience and share your thoughts': it's covers up the dates!!!!!!!

The banner is covering up the calendar dates at the bottom of the chart, so makes it practically useless. Do you guys ever beta these 'improvements'?

37th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain (just the list is OK)

Do I need to login EVERY day to my "Watched list" Can't it remain active (just the list is OK)

It's not atomic secrets and quite silly

Dane

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. show watchlist on interactive charts page

You took away the ability to quickly scroll through many charts by clicking on the tickets that you selected by creating a watchlist on the right hand side. I would have to type in every ticker I'd want to see for the interactive charts & I personally will never memorize that many tickers.

Please bring back the watch list to the right of the chart and/or create an option to turn it off/on. Thank you.

45th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move the “My Portfolio” tab back to the right side of the function bar. It was moved to the left side and now hides the portfolio listing un

Move the "My Portfolio" tab back to the right side of the function bar. It was moved to the left side and now hides the portfolio listing until the cursor is moved. Moving it back to the right side of the bar allows each portfolio to be viewed while the portfolio listinf are open.

154th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop with the "Tips."

Everytime I touch Portfolios I get a series of four "Tips" starting with Holding's, etc.
    Everytime!
    Enough! Stop it now!

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Historical data downloads limited to 5000 rows

What happened to the Download Data option? I can now only download 5,000 rows at a time. I don't normally go back that far but I downloaded the daily S&P 500 (^GSPC) back to 12/31/1969 (which is about 12,000 rows) in a spreadsheet from back in January 2017. It worked fine.

Anyone else seeing this new limitation?

93rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base