New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cut out "Views"

cut out "Views"

327th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rename a folder with subfolders

renaming a folder with subfolders (or not) is crucial for organizing emails and boosting productivity, now that renaming a folder is no longer allowed once it has one or more subfolders.

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is no option for labelling the emails. In gmail, we have the option of labelling the emails apart from moving them to a specific folde

There is no option for labelling the emails. In gmail, we have the option of labelling the emails apart from moving them to a specific folde

1139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give back the option to bring up a group of emails and then choose only the inbox item to be moved to a folder.

Give back the option to bring up a group of emails and then choose only the inbox item to be moved to a folder

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smart View was important to me & is no longer availabe

I do not like the new version. When switched to the new i was told that i could go back if i did not like the new. There is no apparent way to do this. This is dishonest or just incompetence. What i want is the Smart View of my previous version which is not listed under views in the new version. I trade stocks. With the old version all issues of all advisory e-letters and alerts from a given publisher were in one place. There i could easily review past emails for investing and trading. This is not possible…

467th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Folders (large) display

Smaller/Medium/Large display setting option (just like under settings for messages). It's too big and I have to keep scrolling down.

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1139th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can not download word or excel files neither I can not prewiev

Not necessary a prewiev on the right, direct downloading is better. Losing time. Because letters are very small when to prewiev on the same page.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unread mails in folders should appear in the stats in the inbox

Because I'm not alerted as before the change, that I have unread mails in the special folders.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder.

Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder

682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. All emails inbox

Make a master inbox like the Apple mail app. With this inbox you’d be able to see all new mail from all accounts in one inbox. If you want to see individual inbox’s then you could select them like you have to now.

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Folder arrangement

Good Job. Has a good layout and new themes make things lively and more visible. I would however like to be able to re-arrange the folders to an order that is more in line with my use rather simply alphabetically. I tried but if it has that functionality I couldn't find it.
    Thanks and keep up the good work.

404th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. set individual passwords for my different folders?? On the desktop not within app.

set individual passwords for my different folders
    On the desktop not within app.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DISPLAY FULL FOLDER PATH

When moving messages to folders and I type a sub-folder name, one or more folders with that name show up but when hovering my mouse over one of the names only THAT NAME shows up not the full folder path. I may have many sub folders named "comments" so I want to make sure I pick the right destination. This feature was OK in the current mail format but changed for the NEW format. Please change it back.

440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cannot rearrange user folders

User folders are arranged alphabetically and drag-drop to rearrange them is not working. Would also want option to move folders main node above views

412th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. sort emails into folders automatically like "otherinbox" did

Why can't emails be automatically sorted into folders I set up?

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Folder Favorites and Sorting

In a case where there are many folders, it would be best to favorite a folder and move it to the top. My most frequently used folder is far down alphabetically; thus, not workflow friendly.

479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications of emails

All emails for added accounts, as well as all subaccounts should show if there is new mail on the folders.

1655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "move" drop down menu is too short. I constantly have to scroll down to find a folder. Classic format showed a much longer list.

increase the length of the "move" folder to show more items, just like in the Classic format.

1343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Return of the 'Move Folder' - waaaahhhhhhaaaat happened?

Today, 7/3, I noticed I can no longer move Subfolders? Waaahhhhaaaaaa, waaaaat happened guys & gals? Maybe y'all are fixing or changing something else and the move folder got forgotten. Please bring it back. Thanx much. JC

467th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base