Email view settings: Compact view
Thanks for the new interface. however, it would be great to continue having the compact / comfortable space options to view email. this feature seems to have been remove and it now takes more scrolls to view email at a glance
-
Sarah Davignon
commented
When I go to my inbox to look at emails, the portion of the screen that actually allows you to view the email is way too small. It makes it extremely difficult to read and respond to emails and can lead to missed information.
-
Antonio Burch
commented
The new update for desktop version makes it using Mail nearly impossible. The contrast for the themes are abysmal along with the font which makes it nearly impossible to view a message properly, let alone the height the email page when trying to read an email. These can be fix by adjusting the contrast for readability so it's not straining your eyes when reading. Adjust the height for the emails when viewing them would help too. These are simple fixes that can be done and I'm not understanding why none of this was taken into consideration beforehand. Please do better.
-
Charles Barra
commented
You have borders and headers on top that are fixed, You also have a border on the bottom. Therefore only half of the message is visible on the page. Have a look at basic mail again. The back button was embedded in the message and the action buttons like delete, move, mark as spam were embedded at the bottom of the message. As you scrolled down more of the message was visible on the page. Reading messages is like having horse blinders on. By the way, mobile mail suffers from the same problem. If you try to read in landscape mode, you can hardly see anything. Please go back to the basic mail model, It just reads better. Thanks.
-
Richard S
commented
Do the developers actually use this? This new view is horrible. It makes the Gmail web client looks and workings look fantastic. I need a fast, compact, low bandwidth, and simple interface like the classic view was previously. Also, PLEASE make the email addresses display by default to prevent scams and malicious emails from being trusted by just seeing a name. It's like when windows turned off extensions, bad bad idea.
-
John Allen
commented
I want to go back to what I had. I used to be able to see a list of about 20 emails, now only 10. very inefficient. No option to change layout. In the past when Yahoo made these bad changes you had the option to go back to Yahoo Classic. Where is that option, I don't want this change and want to go back.
-
Kenny Trollan
commented
Provide an option to make the email rows thinner for a sleeker and more compact viewing experience. If the new modern look to yahoo mail is mandatory for some users, please make this option available.
-
Benjamin Gallagher
commented
The entire page layout (all options) has too much unused space, which means that empty space on the page is not used for the content that users actually want. It's everywhere, but especially a huge waste of space around the sender and subject in the reading pane.
Every day I use this New Yahoo Mail is one day I am closer toward a full switch to mt Gmail account. I HATE this new interface. It is SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOW. You've added new features I don't want, which requires the entire experience to lag with every click. Going in and out of emails. Slow. Selecting emails to delete. Slow. Switching folders. Slow. Every interaction I have with this New Yahoo Mail is a frustrating experience. -
eamon farrell
commented
The 'from' column is far too narrow. It cuts off names and email addresses. Make it wider or make it adjustable. Also bring back the option to adjust inbox spacing. The current layout is so hard to look at.
-
Robert J Stewart
commented
Would like an option where I can see more of the emails in my inbox. The previous version of Yahoo mail had tighter "rows" of emails. Maybe a toggle to leave as is (default) or an option for tighter grid spacing.
-
Dinesh & Kumar
commented
It is very very important to have the possibility to display the list of emails through different sizes => compact, normal, large (for instance) ?
On my side I like to have possibility to see a maximum of emails lines on my screen, and with this new version the number of emails displayed is very limited in my point of view. Its very frustrating and I have already thinking to move from Yahoo (which I was happy using since 25 years) to Gmail which gives this BASIC option !!! And I have used new Yahoo for just few hours. -
Kandy Hartzell
commented
I dislike the new mail display, the emails are listed out so far apart i can only see about 4 of them instead of double that. Please add back the option for compact view of the spacing between emails
-
Caro Call
commented
I am a paying Yahoo Mail Plus subscriber, and I strongly dislike the new desktop layout.
The new inbox uses far too much space and is much harder to scan than the previous Yahoo Mail. I have already turned off Inbox Categories and minimized the right-hand column, but there is no true compact/dense inbox option.
Please restore the ability to choose a compact inbox with tighter message spacing. Ideally, please also give users the option to use the previous Yahoo Mail interface.
Paying Mail Plus subscribers in particular should have MORE control over the appearance of their inbox, not less. Removing customization options from a paid product is extremely frustrating.
Please bring back compact inbox spacing and/or the previous layout.
-
Jan Russak
commented
There is now - for no apparent gain - additional whitespace above and below each message in the main list. These vertically 'widely' spaced messages force excessive scrolling. Please provide a way to tightly pack the messages in the list in the way they previously appeared so that scrolling can be reduced. I'd prefer to have to do fewer clicks rather than always having to do more clicks for no gain. I don't understand the benefit from having "taller" lines in the list of messages in a mailbox. Does someone just think this looks prettier? Sigh. Annoying.
-
Jenni L Hill Parrott
commented
Please bring back compact view for the Inbox. It stresses me out to have to scroll to see all my messages when there is wasted white space vertically. Also, I like to automatically see what the message history is when responding to an email. For now it is automatically hidden and requires and extra mouse click to see it. Please make this an optional setting.
-
Doug Filangeri
commented
One of the things I dislike about New Yahoo Mail is the amount of spacing between lines near the top of the page. Everything above the Message in message view and consistent with the other view selections. There's too much space between the lines, the cost of which is a smaller working area. The option for a "Compact Display" that reduces the space between lines would allow more screen real estate to Yahoo Mail content. Indeed, it would also allow use of tabs without reducing the working area of the app. It seems to me there was an adjustment in the old Yahoo Mail that allowed a tightened display of the inbox too. Bringing back this option would be an improvement. In short, anything that increases the size of the 'working' area of Yahoo Mail would be an improvement. You don't have to change the view for everyone, just allow a compact view for those who would like it. It might be interesting to collect information about user preferences with this option too. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
-
Susan Park
commented
The reason I don't like the new yahoo email is it's far too spread out. I like seeing a hundred emails in the list at once. I now see 9. That's ridiculous! I chose compact. This is not compact.
-
David Crandell
commented
The space on the screen for the mail itself has been redcuded. I keep hopping its been resotred at least of the old YahooMail size, but since it hasn't i will switch back agin
-
marija zlata boznar
commented
viewing inbox (or other folders):
please make lines with emails much more narrow, if possible allow removal of avatar picture (or make it smaller), white space above and below text is very disturbing, it takes too much space and gives no information
it is important to see a lot of emails at the same time.
And font used for unread and read is not different enough. Please, use also some color : bold and blue (RGB: 0,0,255) for unread, black or other for read. Or allow a few different sets of fonts...
Make possible to set a star on the place where it appears (not only on the right side).
make possible to set "read" just by clicking on the line without opening the whole email (that takes too much time!)
make the window on the right (starred, contacts, more) taller! On desktop it should use the whole height!
-
Dan Dofton
commented
The classic mail showed approx 30% more messages in one screen of the list. The new mail is wasteful of space.
-
hagen wegner
commented
The new uncluttered layout looks good. But there is a lot of blank space in the inbox email list. Could you increase the number of lines displayed by reducing the blank space between the items? Also remove the ads at the bottom, takes a lot of space and nobody looks at them anyway ;-)