Turn off infinite scrolling
Or at least give me the option. I don't want to have to select one email at a time or hundreds if I want to delete multiple emails.
-
Randy Jamieson
commented
The bulk delete message works best if the messages can be limited. Bring back the limited number of messages per page to make bulk delete easier to manage.
Comment: this "new" yahoo mail is a huge step backwards id usability.
-
Mark Shoykhet
commented
this way i could select last 20 to 30 emails at once. Often i get 50 junk mails. Selecting last page and then unselecting a few good emails used to give me a chance to delete junk quickly. Now i do not have such option. i have to select junk emails one by one. very inconvenient
-
Bobbi Edmonds
commented
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go back to having pages instead of a continual page!! This isn't helpful AT ALL!!
-
James Ritzman
commented
Get rid of infinite scroll. Go back to pagination. Infinite scroll has horrible performance. I don't want to have to scroll forever. This has been a known thing in UI/UX design for a while now.
-
CAROL HALL
commented
In the classic view I was able to see pages, but now there is just a continuous scroll. The is not helpful for your older clients. It is better to view one page at a time rather than seeing so many emails at one time.
-
Lori Nesbitt
commented
Can I please for the love of all that is good, have the ability to go back to a view where I see only 25 to 50 emails per page of my inbox with the select all box at the top? The continuous inbox makes managing bulk deleting email a pain when I have to individually mark them for deletion.
-
m n m n
commented
Group the emails into batches of 25 per page, just like in the old email version and you can keep the current layout if you insist. Navigating emails in this format is very difficult. You drag the scrollbar down, but the next emails don't load; then, after a while, it loads everything you triggered and jumps too far ahead, skipping emails, so you have to go back to see where you left off. There is no continuity. It has been like this for years, ever since you started trying to force users onto the new email format. No one uses this format—not Google, not ProtonMail, no one. They all group emails into sets of 25 or 50 per page, and that makes everything run smoothly. "We really hope you'll try the new experience!" - I will close my account. I really really really don't want to (i have this email since 2006), but it cannot be used anymore.
-
Anonymous
commented
You took a lot of options away from users, and i really do not like that
The eternal scroll, or whatever it is called, does not work for me. i liked having my inbox in pages, so i could keep better track of the emails i was reading/deleting. you left some options, and that should have been one of them.
bring it back
-
Jared Ratcliffe
commented
The endless scroll inbox makes it more time consuming to bulk delete e-mails. I receive a lot of unwanted e-mails. Before, with the page breaks I could select the "Check All", screen through and uncheck the few I wanted to keep, and bulk delete the rest. Then repeat until I got down to the older e-mails I wanted to keep longer. Now if I use the "Check All", it checks the entire inbox meaning I can not use the "Check All" feature, I must check each e-mail individually and there are way more e-mails I want to delete than to keep.
-
Janet Mah
commented
1. Limiting the number of emails per page makes it easier to find mail from a certain date. With this infinite scrolling that has been offered since the change to new Yahoo! Mail, it is easier to miss an email you're looking for.
2. When the ads are mixed in with the "real" emails, people might mistake an ad for something that is important. For instance, I have some items in email that say they're from companies with which I do have a relationship with, but the notation that it is an ad is so small that I end up wasting a lot of time sorting thru the ads and actual important mail. -
Megan Rau
commented
Please give us an option to disable infinite loading of new messages. I LIKE having my mail separated into different pages--it makes it SO much easier to sort through and select one page at a time to delete. Now I can't bulk-delete messages because it will select everything in my inbox instead of one page at a time.
Also, friendly reminder that if you would offer basic mail again (WHY would you disable it when so many of us have used it happily for so many years?!) 99% of my issues, and those of many users, would be resolved.
-
s oksay
commented
i hate that new version. it is to much divided i do not have a huge screen this is a lap top and i have to scroll and scroll to see content of my mail and scroll and scroll for anything i want to see ...i did not like it and you do not give me the chance to use the older ones. you say i dont care what you want. well then i wont care you as well. you will loose your users. are you stupid? i will wait a few days for you to fix this issue and if you will not give the basicmail to me i will delete my account.
-
Jordan Anderson
commented
Bring back numbered pages. Get rid of scrolling through your inbox. I also don't need to preview my email, that also wastes RAM.